5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

He's a special talent. I feel he could play the right forward position extremely well for is in the same manner that Rashford has been doing for us. Obviously he's less explosive but he's much more silky than Rashford.

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood will be a title winning forward line.

United58

Could the people who told me to sell him for Martinelli in Fantasy be permabanned please?

Phenomenal talent :drool:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Apparently the first teenager to score 5 league goals in the prem since... Rashford!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He’s also the most two footed player in the team right now. So much so that some observers think his right is his stronger foot.

Very level headed and if things aren’t going right, he’s prepared to wait. He’ll break the deadlock in big games for club and country.I have no doubt
His pen was taken right footed iirc.

SweetRightFoot

quality finish! don't think he's a true, complete 9 like haaland (who to be fair is a generational talent) but he's got a huuuge future if he keeps working hard

lenny_1248

don't think he's a true, complete 9 like haaland
Haaland is a physical specimen. Mason, however, needs a couple of years, but everything suggests he will be a complete 9. Except only if a complete 9 for you is 6'5 physical machine.
Other than that Mason is actually more talented and I can guarantee you he will be a better player.

izec

People said he uses both foots, but he prefers the left one by quite a margin. Has he scored with the right one in the first team so far? He uses his left most of the time, even for simple passes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People said he uses both foots, but he prefers the left one by quite a margin. Has he scored with the right one in the first team so far? He uses his left most of the time, even for simple passes.
His first goal was with his right. Takes pens with his right, has had a lot of good shots with his right. Takes free kicks with both. But yeah he is left foot dominant in dribbling and passing, but in his shooting he is extremely 2 footed (but everyone has one that is slightly preferred).

thomas porter

The most exciting young player we've had come through the academy since Adnan. I just hope he keeps his head down, works hard, and follows Ole and the coaching staffs advice bc he has everything in his locker to become an absolute top drawer player. In terms of finishing hes probably already one of the most clinical finishers in the league...I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone outside Kane and Vardy that are better.

MadMike

I know he is only 18 and he will grow into his body some more, but as an early prediction I believe that he'll make a better inside forward (like Rashford) or a support striker than an #9. With the RW/RF position open, he could do much than worse than learn to work the right wing a bit more. He's not a player of blistering pace but he's quick enough and has a venomous left foot. He'd need to work a bit on his link-up play and ball retention, maybe even on swinging some balls in with his left.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I’m not saying he’ll end up a better player (he might though) but I think Greenwood is a lot more talented than Haaland

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is such a natural baller that I guess I could see him play anywhere as a forward but a true classic finisher like him should play as a striker. Maybe he needs a partner, maybe not but he is a striker. Might be cool to let him develop a bit out wide this season but once he fills out just a bit more he should ply his trade in his position.

arthurka

Thought he wasn't involved enough through out the match but when he got into the game he was really good. Great goal..

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Haaland is a physical specimen. Mason, however, needs a couple of years, but everything suggests he will be a complete 9. Except only if a complete 9 for you is 6'5 physical machine.
Other than that Mason is actually more talented and I can guarantee you he will be a better player.
Haaland = Shearer
Greenwood = Owen

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s because he plays on the right side and it’s easier to cut in and shoot at an angle.

he had a good shot on his right saved by foster in the 2nd half also, so it’s not like it’s purely only left.

ReddBalls

The press started to get buzzy about him and Solskjaer wisely benched him for a few games, even thought it was around when Rashford got injured and we could easily have tried turning to him to fill the void. It was an excellent bit of long-sighted management.
Good spot. That is actually great man management. Ole seems really good at bedding the kids in.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's always been able to dribble and been very adept in tight situations, just not shown it as much in the seniors yet. Those who haven't watched much of him in the academy won't know this though of course.
That’s the point being made. From early days I was complementing him on his craftiness in keeping the ball under intense pressure and always finding a way out - sign of a natural dribbler. However today was a clear stamp of approval at the premier league level. He looked like Giggs the ease at which he engaged players at speed with his left foot. I’m glad he’s finally maturing at this level.

Mr PG

True
I’m not saying he’ll end up a better player (he might though) but I think Greenwood is a lot more talented than Haaland
Haaland is mostly hype as marking in the bundesliga is very poor but he strikes the ball very well so he’s mostly a box striker. Greenwood is more well-rounded but not the complete article physically.

Mr PG

Haaland wasn’t always this good and has just developed into that btw.

RedStarUnited

Thought he wasn't involved enough through out the match but when he got into the game he was really good. Great goal..
Wasting him in the wing to be honest. Ole needs to find a way to play two strikers and allow him to play more closer to the goal.

Right now we are just playing him on the wing to give him minutes, I don't think its helping him develop much. He always seems more alive when he is near the goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wasting him in the wing to be honest. Ole needs to find a way to play two strikers and allow him to play more closer to the goal.

Right now we are just playing him on the wing to give him minutes, I don't think its helping him develop much. He always seems more alive when he is near the goal.
Of course its helping him develop. He's looking miles better now compared to the start, as hes getting used to playing against men and not youth football. Players have to get comfortable at the level, have to learn how to handle them physically, etc before they're ready to be the main #9. That takes time.

SweetRightFoot

If you think this is true, you've clearly not watched enough of Haaland. He's pretty much the complete package already. I'd still rate Greenwood as more of an Henry or Van Persie kind of player than an out and out 9 like Haaland.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I personally think he is more talented than either Martial or Rashford, and that's not a slight on either of them but Mason is just that talented. It's amazing that all three of them are locked into four-five year contracts.

Shark

@NotShark
I personally think he is more talented than either Martial or Rashford, and that's not a slight on either of them but Mason is just that talented. It's amazing that all three of them are locked into four-five year contracts.
He’s definitely a more natural finisher to both of them. If he can add some technical ability that RVP also had, he will be unstoppable in a few years. Already though he’s showing new elements to his game, I think the wide position will benefit him for the time being.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He’s definitely a more natural finisher to both of them. If he can add some technical ability that RVP also had, he will be unstoppable in a few years. Already though he’s showing new elements to his game, I think the wide position will benefit him for the time being.
Yeah, Ole has done many things wrong in his United career so far, but his handling of Mason in first team has been top class. Right from the number of matches he has been given to the position he has been played in.

Status
Not open for further replies.