5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NemanjaWhoah

He was fairly quiet today but was much better on the ball than James is. Didn’t give it away 20 needlessly 20 times.

RedIan

Quietist game but was quality on the ball never screws up... and always a threat with the ball at his feet near goal. Hes going to be some player.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This performance is enough to bench Mata, James and Lingard to the rest of the season, plus he needs so little space to shoot with power it gets the opposition absorbed almost all the time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think I'd call his game quiet, maybe in the first half, but he had 5 shots and some tidy passes, you definitely knew he was on the pitch.

He kept it simple and didn't put a foot wrong. I'll echo my earlier sentiments, he should continue as our RW for the remainder of the season.

el3mel

Not his best performance tonight but we should keep playing him ahead of James.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Solid game all around. He's developed loads and doesn't look like a kid (very talented one) out there anymore, definitely got a lot stronger and sharper in that he fits in out there. Very sharp in possession and very good movement. Will have more involved games or games with more chances, but was fine today and I like him out there far more than any other right sided player we have.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I was actually impressed. He wasn’t a world beater tonight but he did threaten. Decent enough so keep him in!

He'sRaldo

He brought long awaited balance to our front 3.

After years of struggling to buy a right-sided player, a top class one just fell into our lap.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Decent performance tonight. Looked quite dangerous and kept the ball nicely. Absolutely no discussion to be had: he has to play ahead of James and Lingard.

BlahRules

Greenwood may not have scored or assisted but he showed more to the game than James has shown in the last 15 games.

Walters_19_MuFc

Popped up everywhere. Constantly found pockets of space and linked play well. Would have probably been disappointed he didnt have more chances, especially given our dominance, but his movement and link play allowed the kind of flow that we have when Mata plays on the right.

poleglass red

liked that bit in 1st half where he tracked back, won the ball and didn't panic, then passed it off. Showed strength and composure. In attacking third not his best game but he's always so keen and direct which i also like.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A nice game showing he's physically can compete at this high level. This is an important part from youngster when they jump into first team.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's only going to get better. You can tell he's an intelligent player, and even if he was a passenger for most of the game, he still tracked back and created himself a decent chance at goal with the shot deflected by Martial. He's probably already the best option for the RW at 18.

He'sRaldo

He's just mint. Hope he gets another couple of goals during this restart thing to cap off a brilliant first proper season on his part.
Yeah Sheffield kept it very tight and he's young so it was difficult to find spaces.

I'm sure if a team is slightly more open than that, he'll score.

tjb

He gave us presence on the right wing for the first time in a while, which opened up spaces for the rest of the front 5 to exploit. He and Bruno also gave Wan Bissaka alot of support, which meant that he didnt have to beat his man one on one like he usually does. Most importantly his new found strength and balance allowed us to maintain width since he could keep the ball.

He'sRaldo

He gave us presence on the right wing for the first time in a while, which opened up spaces for the rest of the front 5 to exploit. He and Bruno also gave Wan Bissaka alot of support, which meant that he didnt have to beat his man one on one like he usually does. Most importantly his new found strength and balance allowed us to maintain width since he could keep the ball.
In fact most of the play today came down his side, and for once it wasn't disjointed. It's an underrated performance for sure.

crossy1686

career ending
Much better in tight quarters on that right side when teams sit deep. Hope the lad gets a run in the team now, so much attacking threat with him, Martial, Rashford, Fernandes and Pogba on the pitch. Team's don't know what to do.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Won't get the plaudits but I think he played very well indeed tonight. Still needs to impose himself slightly more but it will come. I personally would like to see him start most of the remaining games as I'm certain he will make a big difference.

Mainoldo

Quiet but still way more effective than James pace. Good indication of what a player like Sancho could offer.

He’ll grow as the years on. He’s even RVP in his development it’s scary.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Very impressive performance from an 18 year old. Balanced the team, worked back and forwards and gave moments of class. Going to be some player.

dbs235

Good whenever he was on the ball. Just needs to get involved a bit more
Yeah he never seems to get the ball enough. Hard to say if it's down to him or down to not being passed to enough. Still, any time he's 15-20 yards out and gets the ball I'm expecting a quick shift to the right and finish into the corner.

In Rainbows

Felt like there was a moment in the 2nd half where he skipped past 2-3 players. Maybe I just imagined it.

El Jefe

94.4% pass success
no dispossession
2 tackles
2 Interceptions
5 shots / 1 on target

big paws on a puppy
Its good to see the stats match what I saw on the pitch. I thought he was excellent for the balance of the team and kept play ticking nicely. 94% passing accuracy is impressive. I also loved how he drifted all over the pitch to be involved in passing moves.

It was a different performance than was probably expected but I thought he helped in making us look so dominant. A few levels above anything we've seen from James in ages and also linked up much better with AWB.

Handré1990

He’s class. You can see his level, not a touch out of place. He’s going to terrorize defences in a year or two. Managed to find a lot of space even though SU were playing 10-0-0 in the second half. Mature beyond his years.

Brightonian

Quiet but quality. Looks totally at home. Fits the style of play Ole is going for by maintaining forward momentum with precise touches, quality passes and good decision-making. The fact that a kid best know for relentless goalscoring can look this useful without having a single real chance shows what a formidable, all-round talent he is.

KennyBurner

Greenwood may not have scored or assisted but he showed more to the game than James has shown in the last 15 games.
He showed he can play with the ball in tight spaces and hold it up/ dribble well enough to buy time for our other players to get into position. With good technical players all over the pitch we are able to circulate and hold unto the ball which improves the way we defend. He needs to start every single game we are looking to dominate until we buy someone better given there is no other better player available for the way we want to play. The team selection should be Greenwood, mata then James in that order for the rest of the season. We are up against teams that would most likely set up a low block.

On another note I dont think him having a quiet game means anything as long as he gets good game time and he shows an understanding of whats required from him on the right wing. he should always look to play narrow when we are building an attack which creates space for AWB to provide assists like he did today. Also means more deadly finishers in the box.

pascell

He will get much more space against Brighton & Hove (I suspect he will be rested against Norwich) therefore his performance should be much better.
I watched the Brighton vs Arsenal game and I remember their LB, Burns (I think that's who it is). He wasn't great at all and if Pepe was more clever he'd have got the better of him more consistently. I remember him having a nightmare vs James too when we played them at home, so I'd start Greenwood and bring James on for the last 20 if need be.

But I'd definitely be targeting their left hand side.

Welbeckham

I’m convinced he doesn’t have bad games. Even in the more quiet games he’s so brilliantly composed on ball, such an intelligent footballer.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It was quite refreshing to see our attack actually go through the right side, we have been missing that for years. Let’s keep him starting as long as his stamina will allow.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I watched the Brighton vs Arsenal game and I remember their LB, Burns (I think that's who it is). He wasn't great at all and if Pepe was more clever he'd have got the better of him more consistently. I remember him having a nightmare vs James too when we played them at home, so I'd start Greenwood and bring James on for the last 20 if need be.

But I'd definitely be targeting their left hand side.
Yeah it is Burn and his height is 195 cm.......he must play okay there but a player like Greenwood should get enough chances against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.