5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

He’s starting to look a lot more so confident. You could tell he was playing it safe a lot in the first part of the season but now he’s just playing his game. He’s a sure thing to be a star.

Cabin Clown

I'm lost for words with Greenwood. Even if we buy Sancho I can't see how he start's in front of Mason. He's lethal and completely undroppable. Also showing the all round game to back up everything he has going forward.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
To be doing what Mason's doing, at the age he is doing it at, is incredible. He's leapfrogged levels coming into the United first team and hasn't missed a beat. People will say this is OTT but he's having the kind of impact Rooney and Ronaldo were having at the same age. Its shocking. The more he plays in that inside right role, the harder it is to imagine anyone else doing it better. If we let him grow into the role, pretty soon Mason will be talked about as one of the best in the world in that position.

AshRK

Amazing performance. His ball control is Brilliant and for an 18 year old his understanding of the game is superb. Doesn't do stupid things and keeps hold of the ball so well.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's proven himself worthy of a starting place for the rest of this season, and he'll play a big part next year too. That run and finish on the right hand side was superb.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Fantastic game, adding muscles is helping his game. He is lot stronger and also he is playing with more freedom now. His goal was class, assist was very good too and his general play was top class.

The Purley King

That cross was a fecking peach.
Awareness, technique, two footed and looks much more ready for men’s football now he’s bulked up a bit.
Will be a shining star, it’s nailed on.

kundalini

Intelligent shot through the defender's legs, into the gap at the near post, for his goal and super cross for Fernandes' 2nd goal.

LJJT

Great game tonight. He’s not been great post lockdown but he played very very well tonight. Unreal skill for the finish, only 18 as well!!!

BlahRules

Greenwood's ball retention is enough to play him ahead of James. It's ridiculous the gulf between James and Greenwood who is only 18.

Motm for me. He's had good all around performances without the goals, he's had good goalscoring matches where he's been otherwise uninvolved. Today he was all over the place and produced a great goal and assist. Was popping up on the left the last 30 minutes and looked supremely comfortable. Took care of the ball well and received it very well on the half turn. Fantastic match from Mason.

I'm a big Sancho proponent but if we don't manage to sign him I'm getting more and more confident Mason can fill that spot for another season.

Last edited:

Thepinhead

I am starting to think he might be good enough to make that right wing hos own from next season. If Dortmund insist on 100 million for Sancho I think we should just leave him and put our trust in Greenwood. Only problem is the lack of competition. But 100 million for a bit of competition to Greenwood is too much in my opinion.

tjb

It's not his goal i'm happy about, it's his all round game. He's a very efficient player and he has the awareness and dribbling ability to work his way out of difficult situations, something even rashford and martial can't do. He rarely wastes possessions and as we saw today, he also the playmaking element to his game. His roaming off the ball and intelligent movements really surprised me, actively creating space for both AWB and Shaw. I previously thought he was a surefire striker, which he still probably is, but now I see that he can play in all three positions in attack and even in the no.10 role when required. That is the type of versatility that will make him vital to the squad next season before he takes over the area of the pitch he wants.

Eli Zee

Good decision making.
Even if he does nothing all game, he only needs the ball once to score. Absolutely lethal goal scorer. I’d say he has the best eye for goal on the team and only 18.

He’s been playing very, very well over the last few games.

Rolaholic

Absolute baller at 18, overjoyed that he's one of our own :drool:

Sancho's gonna look good backing him up on the bench next season :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Kid is special. And today was his most complete performance, especially one he started. Fecking exited to see how the season ends. He keeps this up and summer transfer plans might start changing.

I think he's been integrated properly. There was always this frustration among fans why he didn't start more but the management played it right. They gave him time to build himself right throughout the year for him to now be ready to start games in the league. Earlier this year when he started he usually ended up with quiet games in the league and usually shone only as an impact sub but since the return after the pandemic break he's been given starts and he's only grown from strength to strength.

So exited.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If Sancho really comes, Mason might end up benching Rashford, he's that good.
Possibly. It's high time a few of our players started looking over their shoulders, we've been guaranteeing starts for too many players for too long at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.