5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backrow Singer

You see a lot of young players who have a lot of talent but don’t have that cutting edge or decision making in the final third. He seems to have it. No doubt he‘ll have some up’s and down’s but he’s turning into a fine player.

eire-red

He was brilliant this evening. Top class finish, but also his hold up, general link up and his play between the lines was top class. A goal and an assist says it all.

He's got such a bright future. I think he'll reach 15+ goals this season, which is an incredible return. Starting to play his own game more and more too.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Kid is special. And today was his most complete performance, especially one he started. Fecking exited to see how the season ends. He keeps this up and summer transfer plans might start changing.

I think he's been integrated properly. There was always this frustration among fans why he didn't start more but the management played it right. They gave him time to build himself right throughout the year for him to now be ready to start games in the league. Earlier this year when he started he usually ended up with quiet games in the league and usually shone only as an impact sub but since the return after the pandemic break he's been given starts and he's only grown from strength to strength.

So exited.
That’s it. He’s slowly been given more chances to prove himself, and he’s taking them. Really big season for him next season - and he’s still a teenager!

pascell

Scary, scary talent, if he stays injury free he's going right to the top, so glad he's ours!

A very mature performance from him tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing him from the left, especially with his measured crosses and see if he can get them flying in with his right foot. If he can do that, it's going to be hard to hold him back, even if it's Rashford that misses out.

crossy1686

career ending
If Greenwood scores in most of the games we play now, do we bench him for Sancho or do we give him next season to develop and go for Sancho the following summer if he doesn't smash it next year? What a player.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He shoots so quickly. Shifts and shoots quick which doesn't give the keeper time to set his feet. Coupled with the ability go either way and shoot to near or far, he's so unpredictable and hard to defend against.

I hope it translates as well when he plays central. Ideally it should be brilliant because he can run in from the right or left. I just don't want him to become *lost* centrally in the men's game.

MrBest

The one thing you could question him on is the one thing that he fixed in 3 months lockdown. Physically, he looks competitive and looks like he has been playing prem football for years. Credit is due to Ole for this, he has really managed him well this year despite calls from us fans to plonk him in from the start. Ole eased him in in the first few months and now he is starting. He could very well beba contender for footballer of the year in 4 years. I have not seen someone so naturally gifted for a long time, Ronaldo was the last last at United and Messi globally. Big statement, but if he achieves even half of what they did, what a career that would be. Best thing about it all, he is a Manc.

E-mal

He is a special player and we are lucky to have him. At last things are looking up for us.

Riz

Aside from the obvious attacking skill which was again on display tonight I just wanted to highlight his defensive contributions as well which have been a real surprise for me.

There was another moment tonight where he lost the ball but sprinted back to cleanly take the ball and shoulder the Brighton player to the ground. With his touch and control he’s also very press resistant in our own half which has been evident a few times already since the restart.

Outrageous talent.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So excited about him. The way he receives the ball always on the half turn is so good to watch. Instantly turns passes into attacking runs.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I feel like it's been forever since we've had someone who can do stepovers an it actually work. Lad's going places!

RkkMan

He`s developing at a very very scary rate. By the end of the season he`ll become undroppable. Ever since he added muscle he`s been a complete player, I`ll go as far as saying he could be one of the best academy graduates we`ve produced alongside Giggs and Scholes. Here`s to hoping he keeps going on an upward trend.

Shark

@NotShark
This guy is a magnificent talent, a kid I can actually say with confidence will reach the top barring any injuries or unforeseen personality problems. You look at Rashford at the same age and although the talent was there, that natural composure we're seeing with Mason wasn't and I'd argue in a lot of ways he has an upper hand on him now in that regard.

Rolaholic

He looks so comfortable with his body now after bulking up and filling out his frame during the lockdown which is scary for the rest of the league...

His nonchalant reaction to scoring like he always expects it is another little sign I've noticed that points towards him being a stone cold assassin in attack. His finishing ability is already so deadly and might be level with Martial as the best finishers at the club

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Defenders have no clue what foot he's going to use vecaise of that he finds space to shoot everytime.
His talent exceeds Rashford's imo.

wythyred

I will live and die by this comment! Mason Greenwood is the most talented teenager this decade.

come at me..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
To be doing what Mason's doing, at the age he is doing it at, is incredible. He's leapfrogged levels coming into the United first team and hasn't missed a beat. People will say this is OTT but he's having the kind of impact Rooney and Ronaldo were having at the same age. Its shocking. The more he plays in that inside right role, the harder it is to imagine anyone else doing it better. If we let him grow into the role, pretty soon Mason will be talked about as one of the best in the world in that position.
Yeh. I can see that he turns at least as good as Rooney. His all round game is excellent. Passing, vision, holding up, and of course his finishing. And combined that with his good work rate also.

mu4c_20le

Nice tweet from Luckhurst that Greenwood has more goals in his first full season than Cristiano scored in his third with us
Still can't believe he's 18, kid is mature beyond his years. At this age, Cristiano was still doing 100 stepovers and humliating people rather than playing his teammates in

Revan

Assumptionman
Honestly, as good as Sancho is, I am not sure is it worth to spend 120m to put Greenwood on the bench. Rashford is better than Sancho, as is Martial (IMO), so it is gonna be Sancho vs Greenwood (with Greenwood deputising for all positions).

Regardless what happens, he is fantastic. Our biggest talent coming from our academy I can ever remember. His finishing, in particular, is absolutely insane, there aren't many better finishersin football. He has a lot of areas to improve, and is a bit of a selfish player, but there aren't many (if any) better 18 years old players right there.

Rolaholic

He was brilliant this evening. Top class finish, but also his hold up, general link up and his play between the lines was top class. A goal and an assist says it all.

He's got such a bright future. I think he'll reach 15+ goals this season, which is an incredible return. Starting to play his own game more and more too.
Agreed,he's already at 20 G+A contributions for the season which is quite ridiculous for his age...

Bwuk

I think he’ll put Martial out the team and be our main #9 by the end of next season.

AJ VII

This kid will be unstoppable in a year or two, the development he has made since he got promoted to the first team have been great. He seems much stronger and his confidence has grown a lot so he is more expressive on the pitch. His passing is almost as crisp as his finishing.

Frightening how good our attack is at its best, if Marcus can find some form, we can hopefully win our remaining games and catch Chelsea and Leicester

Revan

Assumptionman
Agreed. If Sancho does come I see this as a very distinct possibility. I think Mason will become a better player than Rashford in the long term.
As of right now, Rashford is comfortably better than Sancho and Greenwood. People at times forget how good he was before his injury, he had 19 goals playing from the wing with a midfield that had no creativity, and for some parts of the season was single-handed carrying us. Rashford is a fantastic player who has been proving himself since his debut.

I think that Greenwood might be even better long term, but make no mistake, Rashford right now is one of our best players and we are lucky to have both him and Mason coming out of our academy.

TsuWave

Honestly, as good as Sancho is, I am not sure is it worth to spend 120m to put Greenwood on the bench. Rashford is better than Sancho, as is Martial (IMO), so it is gonna be Sancho vs Greenwood (with Greenwood deputising for all positions).
Having both Sancho & Greenwood would be amazing. United fans are the only ones I ever see saying stuff like not sure it would be worth spending xyz on a top rate player/talent because we already have abc player.

Also, Rashford being better than Sancho is debatable.

In Rainbows

As of right now, Rashford is comfortably better than Sancho and Greenwood. People at times forget how good he was before his injury, he had 19 goals playing from the wing with a midfield that had no creativity, and for some parts of the season was single-handed carrying us. Rashford is a fantastic player who has been proving himself since his debut.

I think that Greenwood might be even better long term, but make no mistake, Rashford right now is one of our best players and we are lucky to have both him and Mason coming out of our academy.
You're also underrating Sancho as he would be our best dribbler, and is already doing what he's doing at the age of 20. Just imagine him 2 years from now.

I want Greenwood and Sancho paired up.

Classical Mechanic

Rashford isn’t better than Sancho in my opinion. I’d give the edge to Sancho although I love Rashford too. There’s no issue with signing Sancho and the development of Greenwood for me either. Sancho can play left or right, Greenwood all across the front, Rashford and Martial left and centre. They’ll be loads of games for him with injuries and losses of form etc.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Having both Sancho & Greenwood would be amazing. United fans are the only ones I ever see saying stuff like not sure it would be worth spending xyz on a top rate player/talent because we already have abc player.

Also, Rashford being better than Sancho is debatable.
Yeah, we really need to put an end to one player per position in our mindset.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
So excited about him. The way he receives the ball always on the half turn is so good to watch. Instantly turns passes into attacking runs.
Agreed,. People are talking about Grealish offering us movement on the ball, which he does, but Mason has it in spades too. So good to see a player brave enough to commit defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.