Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBen

Yeah same.

His weight of pass is so good, especially for a striker.

If he can stay hungry there's nothing Mason can't achieve.
Indeed! Mason has the world at his feet. If he can consistently match his talent with hard work and discipline, we’ve got a real superstar on our hands.

Strelok

He's turning into the player we all think he would. What a talent, a bit more muscle and he'll be unplayable.

Faetheshire86

Very good today. Disappointed to see him moved to the right when Martial came on. For me he is second only to Cavani for the #9 spot and he is only going to get better the more he plays there.

Borninthe80ts

People have questioned whether he can play as a number 9 and I think today was a little taste of what he can do as the central striker. His movement, touch and awareness means he will play the role uniquely. I can see a lot of rotation amongst the attackers anyway when they all fit. I believe Ole is looking for continual flexibility and interaction from his front 3/4. Can see a lot of creative one touch football if everything clicks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That was a proper United goal. I've never seen him shoot anything but ground shots. The precision is oh so sweet. Already better than Rashford overall, no question about it.
No, he is not.

Rashford is more creative, and scores pretty much the same number of goals as Greenwood. Rashford was leader for this team for a year or two, and Greenwood was never key player for us.

I am not trying to downplay Greenwood, but so far he's showed a lot, but he looks like a great goalscorer, but not much apart from that to be fair(which is still great), and Rashford was more than just a goalscorer.

The United

His work rate now is very impressive. It was not enough early in the last season.

He will need game times to develop more. Will become a much better forward which will suit how we want to play.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't believe how good he is, his ceiling is so high if he keeps his down and works hard.

So lucky to have him.

Lights Out

Love this kid. He’s such a good, natural finisher.

He has the potential to be one of the all time greats.

Walters_19_MuFc

His link up play and awarness of people around him is first class. Still think he needs to work on his hold up play but he is overall came is coming on so much.

I never had any doubt in my goal when he was through on goal. What surprised me a bit was his pace. He's faster than I thought he was. Beautiful finish and superb performance from him.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
No, he is not.

Rashford is more creative, and scores pretty much the same number of goals as Greenwood. Rashford was leader for this team for a year or two, and Greenwood was never key player for us.

I am not trying to downplay Greenwood, but so far he's showed a lot, but he looks like a great goalscorer, but not much apart from that to be fair(which is still great), and Rashford was more than just a goalscorer.
No chance. Mason is massively more talented than Rashford and is already better. A better finisher, much better technically. Creativity? I’m not sure, I wouldn’t say Rashford is creative.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I think this season is the year he makes the step up to be one of the first name on the team sheet.

He'll be our top scorer this year I feel.

Jacob

No, he is not.

Agree to disagree. I think Mason is ahead on all accounts. He's also had much less time to prove it. Mason is probably amongst the top 10 best finishers in the world, regardless of age.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Agree to disagree. I think Mason is ahead on all accounts. He's also had much less time to prove it. Mason is probably amongst the top 10 best finishers in the world, regardless of age.
Yeh I’m with you, far more talented than Rashford and if you compare them both at this age it’s night and day.

MattofManchester

Staked a claim for the No. 9 spot today. Brilliant.
Looked hungry and ready to fight for his place.
Hope to see more of it.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Most of his best work came when drifting out to wider positions, which is unsurprising. I'm sure for massive portions of the game Bruno was in a false 9 and Mason occupied a wide spot.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Yeh I’m with you, far more talented than Rashford and if you compare them both at this age it’s night and day.
There’s no comparison. If Mason stays fit and works hard I think he’s going to be right up there at the top. I wouldn’t be that sure Haaland is much better. His record at Dortmund is amazing but Mason has been doing all his work in a much stronger league. At some point he could overtake him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The Rashford comparisons... :houllier: For the love of God, just appreciate you're witnessing two legends in the making

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People have questioned whether he can play as a number 9 and I think today was a little taste of what he can do as the central striker. His movement, touch and awareness means he will play the role uniquely. I can see a lot of rotation amongst the attackers anyway when they all fit. I believe Ole is looking for continual flexibility and interaction from his front 3/4. Can see a lot of creative one touch football if everything clicks.
This is what I loved the most about today's peformance. It was actually Bruno esque the way he was thinking ahead of the play and had in mind what he wanted to do as soon as he got the ball. Fanatastic.

Flexdegea

The Rashford comparisons... :houllier: For the love of God, just appreciate you're witnessing two legends in the making

I swear huge chunk of our fans love self loathing.

It can't be yeah we got 2 crackers here future legends of the club.....it has to be tear one down to boast another.

Money Mase was outstanding today..........most exciting player young player we've had since Ronaldo Rooney days...........literally has it all to be the top man up front once he matures physically,

The United

His performance this season probably will make the club decide if they should go hard for Haaland or not next season considering the club probably does not like to deal with Raiola.

Not that I think they can't play together in a team though.

Strelok

Nah he’s plenty strong already. His last skill to develop is anticipation, and that comes with experience
There was one maybe two instances he still got outmuscled I think. I said a bit more, he's already quite strong but a bit more and he'd be unplayable.

I don't think his anticipation is an issue. His decision making was pretty bang on, that doesn't come without a good anticipation and reading of the situation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very impressed by Mason today. Really good all around performance. Ran the channels, held the ball well, committed defenders, got into great positions and finished with aplomb when we had just been rattled. Developing nicely.

Tee27

Following how he performed at the end of last season after a difficult first half I just can’t wait to see him this season. That finish was right in the corner but it’s not even a surprise anymore his finishing is incredible.
Generational talent.

SirAF

Ageist
The lad is a star, just keep his feet on the ground and he’ll reach the very top :drool:

Ace of Spades

A really good performance overall, will just keep getting better. Hope he gets to play more as a 9 as time goes on.

littleman

45 more days until he turns 20, he could beat Anelka's record but beyond that is too much for the time left. He definitely hasn't been a teenage force like Rooney/Owen, but at just the next tier down that's perfectly fine. Looking forward to see how he plays this season.

Lappen

There was one maybe two instances he still got outmuscled I think. I said a bit more, he's already quite strong but a bit more and he'd be unplayable.

I don't think his anticipation is an issue. His decision making was pretty bang on, that doesn't come without a good anticipation and reading of the situation.
Yea... he got outmuscled a couple of times but I think the referee should have given him a least two freekicks in quite good position, but just waved it of...
Over all a great performance and let's hope he stays fit the hole season!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, we'll have to disagree on this one. He also had far less pressure unlike Rashford who was literally the leader of this team at 19-21. Any time Greenwood was in poor form he was rested and waited for another introduction, while Rashford had to play because there was no one else, which massively lowered people's rating of Rashford.

mav_9me

His performance this season probably will make the club decide if they should go hard for Haaland or not next season considering the club probably does not like to deal with Raiola.

Not that I think they can't play together in a team though.
This was a proper no. 9 performance. Excellent link up play.

I always thought he could pass but he hasn't shown it for the first team so far. Today is hopefully sign of things to come.

Next is to show his right foot.

Strelok

Yea... he got outmuscled a couple of times but I think the referee should have given him a least two freekicks in quite good position, but just waved it of...
Over all a great performance and let's hope he stays fit the hole season!
Agreed on the freekicks.

However it's the PL you simply can't rely on the ref on such situation. Tbh after watching the PL for almost 25 years I still have no idea what exactly can be considered a good, legal challenge and not.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Greenwood will be better than Rashford without due to his finishing. He will get better and better and will stake the no. 9 jersey next year.

Arka_BleedingRed

In terms of natural talent, I think, along with Pogba and Shaw, he is right up there in our squad. A technical, intelligent player, good passing and awareness, he seems so smooth, and constantly showing decision making far beyond his age. These, coupled with fearsome finishing skills, Money Mase is here to stay!

tomaldinho1

Very good today. Disappointed to see him moved to the right when Martial came on. For me he is second only to Cavani for the #9 spot and he is only going to get better the more he plays there.
I’d have him top to be honest - he needs minutes now and as much football as a 9 as we can give him. Finishing is superb but he’s a lot stronger and bigger than he was. The Fred goal also shows how good the simple fact of being two footed is as well. Let the boy play!

Status
Not open for further replies.