Mason Greenwood | 2023/24 Performances | on loan to Getafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyUSA

I have changed my mind solely due to him being really good, bring him back

AFC NimbleThumb

Wonderkids saying 7 goal contributions in 8 starts.

His job is to play football, if he can do so in Spain he should be doing so at Manchester United.

STYLOISRED

I think he is even going to be much better in the second half of the season when he is back to full fitness.
Letting him go is going to be really difficult especially given how terrible Antony and Sancho have been.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's scored 3 goals hardly banging them in, the goal today was a very good finish mind
It’s not just the strike. The whole sequence is upper echelon and an inkling of the talent that was being raved about before he disgraced himself. There are signs he’s returning to his level, which is why all this fuss revolves around him and will continue to do so.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Reminder - Do not use this thread for anything other than player performance chat. Use the thread in the United forum for everything else.

Violaters will receive threadbans and warnings.
I hope you have a whole stack of Red and Yellow cards ready !

AFC NimbleThumb

Faux outrage about supposed faux outrage.

Classic.
Overlooking Greenwoods performances in his performance thread whilst pretending those that aren’t are overlooking what we all saw & heard.

Classic.

Anything to say on Greenwood’s performances? 7 goal contributions in 8 starts.

Not bad for a footballer playing football.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There is a whole lot of good that a rehabilitated world class talent could do at United on and off the field. I truly believe that.

Remember the geese

Oh, for sure, man. There's been this narrative that, before he stopped playing, he was stagnating and not showing as much promise, and I always disagreed with that. He was a young player in a messy team so having patches where he was more quiet was always natural, but the signs of a world class player were always apparent.

That was all the noise when we were chasing Sancho. He was supposed to solve our RW issues and I thought we were fine with Greenwood there.
Greenwood was always top quality. The only reason for pursuing Sancho for the right was if Greenwood's long term future was viewed as a centre forward.

STYLOISRED

Shouldn’t be an issue for the people that didn’t want him to play as his form/ability was apparently irrelevant.

Anyone that was vocal to any extent about not wanting him to return but has changed that opinion because he’s actually good is an idiot.
To be honest I have not really had any strong feelings about his return. I don't think any player is irreplaceable but I'm also not going to be up in arms if he returns to the club.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's going to be another awkward decision at the end of the season one way or another. Can't see how (from a footballing perspective) it isn't going to be a crazy choice to cut ties, but then any attempt not to will be equally crazy (for non footballing reasons).

Would be nice of people could stop trying so hard to use Greenwood to prove how much of a good person they are to strangers on an Internet forum though. None of you sit there literally frothing at the mouth 24 hours a day over Greenwood, so stop pretending you do. Everyone knows what happened and it isn't going to disappear under a rug so just calm down. If you want to go about seething with rage at random people, there are far bigger issues out there to focus on.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He's quickly answered any doubts about fitness and mental state

after 18 months out it certainly wasn't a given that he would ever get back to what he was, I didn't expect it this quickly anyway

There was always that question mark over whether he was better wide or central, I think he's been playing wide left and right for Getafe

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's quickly answered any doubts about fitness and mental state

after 18 months out it certainly wasn't a given that he would ever get back to what he was, I didn't expect it this quickly anyway

There was always that question mark over whether he was better wide or central, I think he's been playing wide left and right for Getafe
Be interesting if they try him out at CF at some point. Getefe aren't the most prolific teams.

TempusFugit

It makes me sick when i think of some of the easy chances our forwards have missed this season. Give Mason the chances Rashford/Antony have squandered so far and we'll probably be at least 4-5 points better off. This kid is incredibly good, and imo if he leaves and establishes himself somewhere else we'll regret it for a long, long time. Massive decision for Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his team.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Looks so much like an Antony goal! Same position.

This greenwood kid must have watching videos of our Brazilian wonder
With due respect, it doesn’t. The whole technical sequence is way beyond Antony’s scope. That’s world class stuff.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It makes me sick when i think of some of the easy chances our forwards have missed this season. Give Mason the chances Rashford/Antony have squandered so far and we'll probably be at least 4-5 points better off. This kid is incredibly good, and imo if he leaves and establishes himself somewhere else we'll regret it for a long, long time. Massive decision for Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his team.
For the rest of his career I'll feel distraught whenever he performs. It sickens me

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Goal today. Couple of assist in last few games. He’s on form.

Status
Not open for further replies.