2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Marwood

Oh, I changed my mind after Bruno delivered another three consecutive absolutely shit performances! Got me good there, huh?
Well its just strage how taken back you are that somebody should want Bruno over Mount. Makes you laugh you said.

Given you held the same opinion very recently.

zaafi

Well its just strage how taken back you are that somebody should want Bruno over Mount. Makes you laugh you said.

Given you held the same opinion very recently.
At the time, Mount was playing together with Bruno, so I assumed he would continue to do so. It's hard to replace a player with someone who already plays. The options at the time were McTominay, Mejbri and Eriksen.

And because you deleted the rest of that quote, you kind of missed the essence of what my point was. The point was that I think it's more important to replace Bruno, rather than bench him. The replacements we have available won't necessarily improve us as a team, but it is worth a shot.

Marwood

At the time, Mount was playing together with Bruno, so I assumed he would continue to do so. It's hard to replace a player with someone who already plays. The options at the time were McTominay, Mejbri and Eriksen.

And because you deleted the rest of that quote, you kind of missed the essence of what my point was. The point was that I think it's more important to replace Bruno, rather than bench him. The replacements we have available won't necessarily improve us as a team, but it is worth a shot.
Zaafi stop digging. You've been a little hypocritical. Own it.

Mount and Bruno have played together twice. Absolute nonsense of you to say you didn't consider Mount over Bruno an option at the time.

zaafi

Mount and Bruno have played together twice. Absolute nonsense of you to say you didn't consider Mount over Bruno an option at the time.
First of all, they've played together 5 games. Mount was injured the other games, and Bruno didn't play in the League Cup against Palace. Don't be a fool. Only recently has Mount been dropped in favour of McTominay, thanks to his two goals against Brentford. Mount was not an option, as he was already playing. Of course, Ten Hag could have subbed McTominay on for Bruno and put Mount in Bruno's role, but you know as well as me that would never happen.

Please get your facts straight, as it's clear you don't know what you're talking about when you're just making things up.

Oldyella

Not sure what's so weird about that? Bruno is captain so the default should be to assume he plays. The fact he continues to stink the place up means we should look at alternatives (not that I think ETH will, feels like he's throwing darts at a board atm)

Marwood

Not sure what's so weird about that? Bruno is captain so the default should be to assume he plays. The fact he continues to stink the place up means we should look at alternatives (not that I think ETH will, feels like he's throwing darts at a board atm)
Agree he should be dropped and Mount should have a go but that's not the point I'm making with Zaafi.

zaafi

No I'm picking you up on mocking a poster for an opinion you held yourself until recently.
I never held the opinion that I wanted Bruno to play week in week out after delivering consecutive shitshows, so not really comparable.

Von Mistelroum

Just based on his United games so far, I can't really tell you anything about Mount other than that he seems to struggle to be involved in football games.

I don't really notice him when he plays, and it kind of feels like when you've an academy kid playing and he's just a bit invisible and awkward. The money we paid for him at this stage looks criminal. Bebe level dodgy even!

dutchred

He should start as "10" tonight with Amrabat and Casemiro behind him. Then I think we will get the best out of him

Frank Grimes

I have a feeling he picked up a really bad injury last year and he could be finished as the player he was. Why else would Chelsea let go a player who was their best player, or at least most productive player, the season before last?

He was non existent v Brentford and again on Sunday. One thing I remember from his Chelsea days was he was always prominent in their games.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I have a feeling he picked up a really bad injury last year and he could be finished as the player he was. Why else would Chelsea let go a player who was their best player, or at least most productive player, the season before last?

He was non existent v Brentford and again on Sunday. One thing I remember from his Chelsea days was he was always prominent in their games.
I think we have to throw your theory out of the window as Chelsea wanted to keep him.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He had a year left on his contract and wasn't willing to sign a new one, as he wasn't getting assurances about being first team regular at Chelsea.

They sold Kovacic in the summer as well. Does that mean that he's finished as the player he was?

Gordon Godot

He had a year left on his contract and wasn't willing to sign a new one, as he wasn't getting assurances about being first team regular at Chelsea.

They sold Kovacic in the summer as well. Does that mean that he's finished as the player he was?
A lot of Chelsea fans didnt rate Kovacic. Though I think he would have helped us a lot more than Mount.

ti vu

First of all, they've played together 5 games. Mount was injured the other games, and Bruno didn't play in the League Cup against Palace. Don't be a fool. Only recently has Mount been dropped in favour of McTominay, thanks to his two goals against Brentford. Mount was not an option, as he was already playing. Of course, Ten Hag could have subbed McTominay on for Bruno and put Mount in Bruno's role, but you know as well as me that would never happen.

Please get your facts straight, as it's clear you don't know what you're talking about when you're just making things up.
Bruno role changed when McTominay was on the pitch. McTominay was allowed to push up more into the box to use his physical presence, where as Bruno got instructed to withdraw more into no 8 role (Mount's starting role).

McTominay finish forcing Ederson save in latter of first half is example of how McTominay was deployed for a while until a revamp with Amrabat sub.

So when McTominay is on the pitch, it's More a dual no 8 than double pivot with a no 10. Mount was not valued as good no 8 to be the foil for McTominay to move into opposition box and join the attack.

I am all for change, but I believe that our squad has too much round holes and square pegs that a jack of all trade like Mount would have have a good case, when he's out of form since last season with Chelsea. What I meant is even if Mount gets to top form, it's still unknown that his impact would benefit as much as known quality like Bruno for this team. Choosing to play 2 out of form players then they one with more credit in the bank of course is preferred.

Last edited:

sebsheep

If they really wanted to keep him they would have kept him.
Yes contract negotiations had 'broken down'. He wasnt a priority
He wanted to leave, they either lost him for a zero next year or sold him this year.
You can think a player wasn't a good signing without incorrectly talking about why they were sold.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There’s a solid track record of bailing other clubs out by overpaying for overrated or over the hill players. Happened with Sanchez and City and now Liverpool and Mount. The Murtough disaster class rolls on.

FerociousCorgis

There’s a solid track record of bailing other clubs out by overpaying for overrated or over the hill players. Happened with Sanchez and City and now Liverpool and Mount. The Murtough disaster class rolls on.
for all their positives the amount of money we gave madrid for varane and casemiro is ridiculous as well.

Devil81

Was completely gobsmacked when were after him this summer, still scratching my head why we signed him now.

Just a massive nothing player.

Lay

I was willing him to do well in the first half but my god he’s such a nothing player. He got rinsed for the opener too

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Was completely gobsmacked when were after him this summer, still scratching my head why we signed him now.

Just a massive nothing player.
I always thought he was anonymous for England so was looking forward to seeing what he can actually do seeing as though the coaching staff might've seen something in him.
Terrible so far. Antony is by far worse.

Leethal

You know, I criticised this signing far more than most.

It was almost a daily thing to jump on here harping on about how poor he has been for the past 18 months, how much we overpaid for mediocrity, and how I was angered that he was our priority signing.

Deep down. I was hoping I was wrong.

Siorac

Three months on and this signing is still as baffling as ever. It never really made sense and it still doesn't.

edgecutter

We all knew this is what we were going to get. How people who work in football on serious money couldn't realise this shows what a shit show the club is.