g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Mason Mount image 7

Mason Mount England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

edgecutter

A luxery player that United didn't need. How the club couldn't see this when the fan base could just boggles my mind

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Worst signing in the clubs history, in my opinion.

Say what you want about other contenders for that title. They were at least either good players at one time, or were at least bought to address a hole in the squad.

Mount fits neither category. A pointless signing who was never that good in the first place.
Not even the worst signing this summer by the look of Amrabat.

ti vu

To be fair to Mount how many times did a utd player pass the ball to him??

We didn't even have the ball, so of course he is gonna spend most of his time chasing...

Our squad is so so poor, he deserves a run of games
We had player like Fred who wouldn't complain about chasing, and actually had great performance chasing like that. If Mount is not even happy with such role, then he's entirely pointless because while he's tidy, he's a complement type of players. Nowhere influential enough. Which means he deserves nothing despite other players blowing hot and cold.

Giggsyking

Except another club would have bought him before next summer, so we couldn't have waited. I agree that we paid too much, though, especially because he wasn't a player we needed.
So it took you only few weeks to realise it.

Castia

I do like Mount but what a bizarre signing. Arguably our best player and captain who plays every game is in his best position. That money should have been spent on Kim when it looked like the deal could have been done

HotOne

Seems like a nice enough guy and he tries hard. But he's absolutely anonymous almost every time he plays. He reminds me of Schneiderlin in that they both have this amazing skill of almost vanishing on a football pitch, to the point you forget they are even playing. This one's on Ten Hag, absolutely dreadful signing.

UnitedFan93

£60m for a player who had 1 year left on his contract, when we already had Bruno, Eriksen, Fred, Van De Beek (who's appalling to be to fair), in his position was and is an absolutely ridiculous transfer. Horrific decision making once again.

RuudTom83

Playing a different role every time he plays can’t be easy. Doing it against the treble winners is an unenviable task.

Chin up Mount! maybe stay off socials for a few weeks too!

zaafi

So it took you only few weeks to realise it.
I think he is a very good player and useful, and I also think he should play instead of Bruno right now, but we needed another type of midfielder over him. Either way, it's not working with both Mount and Bruno together.

kingEric68

Over priced and sub standard. ETH should take the blame. Mount was always crap at Chelsea

hobbers

We did not. We swapped McTominay for Amrabat and moved Mount up as a 10.
We put a shit player in midfield to accommodate Mount who probably didnt even hit double figures for touches in that half.

Kostov

Look at the circumstances and the eventual transfer of Mount and it’s all you need to know about this club and it’s manager. None of those involved in this transfer should work for Manchester United, horrendous and pathetic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a good player who we signed without a clear plan and who plays in the same position as our captain, and who was available on a free next summer. Great planning guys.

AndyMUFC

Spent half our budget on a player we didn't need resulting in us relying on free transfers and loans for positions we did need, and he's already out of the team.

Joke of a club.

DJW

I think he is a very good player and useful, and I also think he should play instead of Bruno right now, but we needed another type of midfielder over him. Either way, it's not working with both Mount and Bruno together.
He’s a good player, technically excellent, but his best football has never been in CM.
So what do we do buy him to play at #8 realise he can’t do this that well and bench him. I’m sorry but Ten Hag has been woeful with transfers apart from Martinez!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Does he have the same agent as ETH and Antony?

Honestly, no one rated him, except super loyal Chelsea fans but they even started to turn after the last 18 months of bland, boring, vacant performances.

Yet, ETH was desperate for him. The guy cannot appraise players and it shows with his signings. Combined with the club unable to appraise players as well, this is a disaster class in recruitment.

mu4c_20le

Honestly, no one rated him, except super loyal Chelsea fans but they even started to turn after the last 18 months of bland, boring, vacant performances.

Yet, ETH was desperate for him. The guy cannot appraise players and it shows with his signings. Combined with the club unable to appraise players as well, this is a disaster class in recruitment.
Shined for Vitesse when he was a kid.

Rockets Redglare

I mean Klopp and Arteta both wanted to sign him as well so it isn’t just Ten Hag who rates him.

Skills

Snitch

The problem is that he can't even seem to tell the difference between a good and a bad player that he coaches. He made us sign Antony. How can you trust his judgement of ANY player that's already at the club?

ti vu

I mean Klopp and Arteta both wanted to sign him as well so it isn’t just Ten Hag who rates him.
I am very sure they have different role that fit his ability. They don't sign him so they would have to teach him a new role he had never played before. They both were always gonna sign a no 6/no8 type midfielder along a more advanced midfielder. Whereas we needed to wait until deadline ad panic loan Amrabat in. If we wanted Amrabat that badly, we could have gotten him as early in the window as possible considering he's relatively cheap.

Leethal

Except another club would have bought him before next summer, so we couldn't have waited. I agree that we paid too much, though, especially because he wasn't a player we needed.
Even his staunchest defender, Zaafi, is finding it difficult to defend Mount.

What you just said is what I have been saying since day dot; of which you criticised me heavily for.

We overpaid for a signing that adds very little, (if anything), to our starting XI.

Last edited:

Martial

Even his staunchest defender, Zaafi, is finding it difficult to defend Mount.

Shat you just said is what I have been saying since day dot; of which you criticised me heavily for.

We overpaid for a signing that adds very little, (if anything), to our starting XI.
They've almost already given up and it's only October :lol:

MiceOnMeth

Someone on reddit was calling him a generational talent a year ago :lol: talk about a word losing all meaning

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Apparently we are 0-5 down in his combined 5+ hours on the field in the PL this season.

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
Chins up lads, we got one over on our rivals managers who are rumored to really rate him. That's the most important thing. Who gives a feck where he fits in the team.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It’s not about whether he’s popular or not or if the manager rates him, but how he fits into, and crucially, improves our team.
He’s clearly a quality player, but with the players we already had it’s not clear if he fits and whether he can actually improve this team.
Given our glaringly obvious squad deficiencies it seems an odd signing, especially as our main target.
I sincerely hope he wasn’t signed to simply stop him going to a rival. Would be very short sighted.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The problem is that he can't even seem to tell the difference between a good and a bad player that he coaches. He made us sign Antony. How can you trust his judgement of ANY player that's already at the club?
I wouldn't trust him to find his own naval at this point.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The crazy thing among all this melodramatic mount drama is that I actually think he can suit us. Hes a technical player, press resistant and makes good decisions on the ball consistently enough. That's more than I can say from literally any of our attackers.

But he isn't helped by 1) injury, 2) the team not being settled anywhere else and 3) a weird subsection of posters wanting him to fail.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's a good player who we signed without a clear plan and who plays in the same position as our captain, and who was available on a free next summer. Great planning guys.
Was so fecking obvious that it was a terrible decision to prioritize him the instant we got linked. But apparently football genius Ten Hag thought he was the missing piece.