4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Played plenty?

Mate, he has played 292 PL minutes in a position not really suited to him.

The only game we have controlled this season was against Crystal Palace in the cup where Mount had a great first half before being subbed.
Problem and a huge one, is that he is signed on manager's request to fill exactly that position. No8 who dictates tempo (like Eriksen does).
Now, if manager ditched that idea after only few games then it is an example of prime incompetence from Erik and Murtough.

FerociousCorgis

hopefully at some point we see him as part of a midfield 3 consistently instead of bruno, just to be able to see if that gives us more control. At this point who knows though

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
As opposed to us who played Garnacho, Mejbri, Pellistri, Martial, Maguire and Amrabat as left-back. Truly a team of greats.

Of course it wasn't a strong team, but if you can't see that we played well in that game, I don't even know what to tell you. It is possible to play a good game of football even if the other team doesn't field their best players. We played very well, linked up brilliantly and had some very good attacking sequences. Joachim Andersen or Guehi wouldn't stop Mason Mount making brilliant passes from midfield position :confused:

Is it really that difficult to admit he had a good game without making an unnecessary comment about how bad Palace was? Anyway, he has had good performances other than that.
I never actually said we didn’t play well, or that we fielded our strongest team. Just that a good performance in that game against a team that has barely played together in that group and was clearly not strong, playing with very little intensity, has no huge meaning to how we should set up going forward because we just won’t play a team of similar quality very often.

For some reason for many that game has grown into some sort of legendary performance that is a sign of better times. It is plain weird how much attention is given to that one particular game and result when the rest of our season has been utter garbage.

El-Manos

Not a bad player by any means but a ridiculous signing which didn’t suit our needs whatsoever.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
I think this is probably it. He likely wouldn't have been available on a free and if you look at how we're performing now, Liverpool would be the better option. He's HG and he is a good player, it's just not working out for him right now, but I expect him to be far better in a more functional team.
Liverpool was desperate for senior HG to fill in their squad after losing Ox, Milner, and Nat Philips going away too.
Mount can follow tactical instructions and work hard which are desirable traits for control freaks like Klopp and Arteta.
So the mooted interest made sense.
But I don't think either Arsenal or Liverpool's board would sanction that 250kpw salary demand.
We all know buying clubs pretty much talk to players' "entourage" or what have you first before officially negotiating with selling clubs.
There's no imminent danger of losing out on Mount's signature.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is he on course for 007 yet? I think Hojlund is almost there, but alteast he has goals in the CL

Cathy Ferguson

Not a bad player by any means but a ridiculous signing which didn’t suit our needs whatsoever.
A lot of fans said this during the summer and it is another reason why I doubt ETH is a top class manager. Antony is another reason and playing a 20 year old as our top striker is a third.

RedUnited86

Ten Hag had a howler of a transfer window.

Brings in a ball playing keeper, then decides not to play out from the back.
Signs Mount to play a Case, Bruno and Mount trio - abandons it and shelves his new signing. Amrabat at last minute, who looks average.

Not an iota of planning.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Mount transfer was basically Donny Van Beek again.
Bringing in someone whose best position is where our best player is, and then trying to shoehorn him in elsewhere, before failing and becoming bench fodder.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A lot of fans said this during the summer and it is another reason why I doubt ETH is a top class manager. Antony is another reason and playing a 20 year old as our top striker is a third.
We had that couple of months sweet spot last year where it looked to have clicked, but worrying that looks like the period Van Gaal had doing the same. An exception to the rule.

Someone like Hojlund should be an option, a largely bench player, brought on slowly. Instead we're heaping the pressure on him.
Not our biggest problem though by a long chalk. Which is basically every area of the team.

Cathy Ferguson

The Mount transfer was basically Donny Van Beek again.
Bringing in someone whose best position is where our best player is, and then trying to shoehorn him in elsewhere, before failing and becoming bench fodder.
Yup. And this is on ETH not the Glazers, whom I despise of course. A stronger DoF might have vetoed the deal. The Antony and Mount transfers will cost ETH his job this season.

Kostov

Signs Mount to play a Case, Bruno and Mount trio - abandons it and shelves his new signing. Amrabat at last minute, who looks average.

Not an iota of planning.
Spot on. It will cost him his job and there’s no one to blame but himself.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Not an iota of planning.
On this point I don’t think it’s quite fair. If we had Dalot/AWB - Varane - Martinez - Shaw available all season I think we’d see a lot more build up from the back. Instead it’s been combinations of Lindelof (LB) Maguire, Evans and Regulion.

ti vu

On this point I don’t think it’s quite fair. If we had Dalot/AWB - Varane - Martinez - Shaw available all season I think we’d see a lot more build up from the back. Instead it’s been combinations of Lindelof (LB) Maguire, Evans and Regulion.
I don't think it's fair either, but I wouldn't bank on improvement with our build up with said defensive line. Build up play goes far beyond an unit. We have no issue pushing up the defensive line and passing between our defenders. It's a whole system game, and our midfield is not great for this style, while Bruno and Rashford even in their best form are scattergun type of players. They're wasteful with possession, and right now they are doing a lot of good to justify that kind of erratic play style. It looks like we didn't improve our midfield despite money spent. The hope is now placed on internal promotion of the like of Mainoo or Gore, Hannibal

Last edited:

Andy_Cole

Yup. And this is on ETH not the Glazers, whom I despise of course. A stronger DoF might have vetoed the deal. The Antony and Mount transfers will cost ETH his job this season.
There’s something about the Mount transfer that shouts it wasn’t Hag’s transfer.

El Jefe

While I do like Mount it does look a bit crazy that we happened to sign the most unimpressive English midfielder in a window quite a few of them moved.

Bellingham, Rice and Maddison moved and you just can’t help but think we got the worst player and least value for money. Just adds even more evidence that Murtough should be canned and ETH should have zilch to do with transfers.

Mount is the type of player you fill out in your squad when you have a strong team. Our first 11 is pretty average as far as top teams go so signing him made no sense if he was going to be our main midfield buy.

hobbers

£60m for a player who we all know with near certainty has no chance of starting in the Manchester derby despite being fully fit.

Courtesy of the genius Erik and Murtough tag team.

L1nk

60m, first signing through the door and forgoing other players or positions that would have benefitted us more only for him to not even start important matches like this one. Genuinely what was the point in signing this guy? We might as well have signed Kim at least then we wouldn’t have to start Evans in a derby in 2023.

Telsim

No, you don't understand! It's fitness, and injury, and he isn't actually dropping him!

Utterly pointless transfer, like everybody and their dog knew at the time.

Woodenlung

Been one of our better players when he's been in the pitch. Which isn't saying much considering how poor we've been, but if makes no sense that he hasn't been included. He's a far better player that McTominay and would suit that more advanced 8 role.

Leethal

Been telling everyone he's dog wank for months now. I got all kinds of abuse for stating the bleeding obvious. He isn't good enough to start, and absolutely shouldn't have been our priority signing to the detriment of other positions.

This transfer infuriates me, and hopefully, isn't the transfer that signals the end of Ten Hag because I think he's a good manager - just recruits very poorly and massively overpays for mediocrity.

Rex Banner

Shocking recruitment. Our main target and most expensive signing of the Summer and he can't get in the team ahead of bloody McTominay.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Everyone knew Mount was shit yet we still spent 60M on him we are really the dumbest club recruiting wise.

hobbers

Hard to say who will be regretting this transfer more. Mount, Erik, United fans.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Worst signing in the clubs history, in my opinion.

Say what you want about other contenders for that title. They were at least either good players at one time, or were at least bought to address a hole in the squad.

Mount fits neither category. A pointless signing who was never that good in the first place.