View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borys

Statistics Wizard
What is he supposed to be doing in this system?
He spent 50mins on the pitch and I don't know if we can really judge his performance.

izec

He was bought to run around like a headless chicken. I wonder if anyone asked ETH what he is supposed to bring to the team and how he would utilise him and if that is a good plan. He is shite

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He looks like he has absolutely no idea what to do except to run around like a maniac. Which is not an indictment on him, but more on the person who wanted him here. I actually have some sympathy for him.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
What was ten Hag and some ‘holier than thou’ supporters on this site thinking when they thought they saw greatness in him :houllier:

mcutdgreat

Supports
Arseanal
it’s embarrassing situation for the club,for Mount,for ETH..

TempusFugit

Seemed lost with no particular role. He's not a bad player but so far the manager seems to have no plans for him. Why buy him if you're not going to use him properly?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
He looks like he has absolutely no idea what to do except to run around like a maniac. Which is not an indictment on him, but more on the person who wanted him here. I actually have some sympathy for him.
I agree.

I've never been sure of what he is and what he is supposed to do, for England and now us. But I'm not sure that's his fault as much as it is managers who are tactically clueless on how to best use the players they call up/sign.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I agree.
I do Think that a Casemiro-Amrabat-Mount midfield would work but I don't see ETH doing that.

Superunknown

I didn't know what he did before this season and I still don't know in nearly-November.

Weird signing. I don't get it. I also don't think I care enough to want to get it.

Can we just some real football people in place who know what they're doing, please?

lex talionis

I actually like Mount as a squad man for a midtable, but why the fukk did United go all in for him?

Malone_Post

He’s even worse then I thought he’d be. And I thought he’d be bang average. Impressive.

Giggsyking

What was ten Hag and some ‘holier than thou’ supporters on this site thinking when they thought they saw greatness in him :houllier:
Leave them alone, it is embarrassing enough for them reading posts but cant write anything because they are ashamed.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I do Think that a Casemiro-Amrabat-Mount midfield would work but I don't see ETH doing that.
It crossed my mind as well (as a midfield which is fairly balanced and could take care of the ball better).

Tbf, we look so in disarray atm that am almost certain it wouldn't help much, but I would try it.

Himannv

Feels like he's been brought in to play a role that he can barely even understand. Not saying he's a bad player, but he's the furthest forward in a midfield 3, not a... "run randomly around in a shapeless team" player.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We keep doing the same things and getting the same results, it's tiring.
I could say he should rather be more involved in the play because playing him this high up effectively takes him out of the game, but this has been said many times and nothing changes.

This. He was actually given a task to chase the ball and press City backline, coaching masterminds.

bitcoin

We need to take the hit and sell this guy for 30M at the end of the season.

Most people on this forum knew he would not improve this team. Let’s admit we made a mistake; take a loss on a sale and use the funds more wisely on an appropriate player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Signing Mount is an idea that should have been vetoed and, were were a functioning club, it would have been.

Donny Van de Beek MK2: Signed a #10 when we should've signed an #8. Probably because he was on Chelsea's rid list and the deal was easy to do. Typical of our 'hierarchy'.

Mount didn't do anything today and, honestly, he hasn't offered anything that someone like Hannibal hasn't. The only reason for bringing him in was if we were planning to sell Fernandes and, even then, it would've been a big downgrade.

Baffling transfer and waste of funds when we really needed a box-to-box midfielder.

Sylar

50m for him, with a year left when he would have been free next season. Baffling.

Anyway I forgot he came on until the commentator said he went out wide and swapped with Bruno

luke511

Signing Mount is an idea that should have been vetoed and, were were a functioning club, it would have been.

Donny Van de Beek MK2: Signed a #10 when we should've signed an #8. Probably because he was on Chelsea's rid list and the deal was easy to do. Typical of our 'hierarchy'.

Mount didn't do anything today and, honestly, he hasn't offered anything that someone like Hannibal hasn't. The only reason for bringing him in was if we were planning to sell Fernandes and, even then, it would've been a big downgrade.

Baffling transfer and waste of funds when we really needed a box-to-box midfielder.
You have those factors, alongside the fact he had just come out of his worst season and had a year left on his contract, it's probably the dumbest transfer in the club's history. We needed a top level 6/8 so badly and an out of form no.10 was the solution.

zaafi

50m for him, with a year left when he would have been free next season. Baffling.

Anyway I forgot he came on until the commentator said he went out wide and swapped with Bruno
Except another club would have bought him before next summer, so we couldn't have waited. I agree that we paid too much, though, especially because he wasn't a player we needed.

Sylar

Except another club would have bought him before next summer, so we couldn't have waited. I agree that we paid too much, though, especially because he wasn't a player we needed.
Nobody else was gonna pay 50m.
If he went to another club a year later on a free that it's not a problem cos it shows he doesn't wanna be here.
Us giving him 200k+ is crazy

luke511

Good to see it makes sense to you now.

kundalini

So we've learned that starting Mount is a mistake and bringing him on as a half-time substitute makes the team worse.

Litch

....I have no idea what his role is which is not his fault given there is no system?

city-puma

I never understand why we spent so much to bring him in after watching his role for England. I am even more confused what he can be useful. I thought he might be a better version of Lingard. Can he?

yamo123x

To be fair to Mount how many times did a utd player pass the ball to him??

We didn't even have the ball, so of course he is gonna spend most of his time chasing...

Our squad is so so poor, he deserves a run of games

AneRu

This the signing that will go down as the one which finished off the Ten Hag era. Looking at the opportunity cost of signing a proper box to box mid or a deep lying playmaker ETH, if its true that he pushed for this, really fecked us over with this one.

The smart money was to postpone the DDG replacement and use that money to pay for a proper DM alternate/successor for Casemiro and use the Mount money to buy an Eriksen successor with a bit more physicality. We lost our way in the summer and it could be years before we recover from these blunders depending on how the Glazers deal with Sir Jim. That's the only silver lining otherwise we ain't recovering soon from almost 300m of wasted capex in this era where even Villa and Spurs look resurgent. We are fecked!