2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Leethal

Nearly scored. Well, that's great then. I guess you mean the one that Fernandes headed a mile over the bar; not sure that is a positive.

Garnacho created nothing nor has he nearly scored.

Antony created nothing. He had one chance that he messed up. I think a winger should be getting more than just 1 shot off in two games.
At least they somewhat were threatening. Mount was completely invisible. A centre mid - 14 passes, 0 tackles, 0 shots, 0 key chances created... in 85 minutes. Sorry, you cannot defend that. He's a nothing player. Always was, and always will be. If he was French or German, he'd be plying his trade in a bottom half team in their respective leagues. Yet, here he is, wearing our #7 shirt and starting for Manchester United. Absolutely disgraceful. Players that come from abroad get a concession as they adapt to the league. This fella does not. Complete waste of money.

Lecland07

At least they somewhat were threatening. Mount was completely invisible. A centre mid - 14 passes, 0 tackles, 0 shots, 0 key chances created... in 85 minutes. Sorry, you cannot defend that. He's a nothing player. Always was, and always will be. If he was French or German, he'd be plying his trade in a bottom half team in their respective leagues. Yet, here he is, wearing our #7 shirt and starting for Manchester United. Absolutely disgraceful. Players that come from abroad get a concession as they adapt to the league. This fella does not. Complete waste of money.
That is being very generous. They had the threat level of a chihuahua.

Those players played further forward than Mount against Tottenham, anyway. They still did zilch considering how many times they had to counter attack in the first half. It just all fell apart with them.

Leethal

I'd rather a Fernandes miss (that he would score the majority of the time), and a Garnacho shot that SHOULD have resulted in us a penalty, and Antony hitting the post vs...... 14 passes. And that's it. That's the entirety of his contribution - and the only stat that can be awarded to him. He did nothing else. He made 14 passes in 85 minutes as a central playing midfielder.

Give it up. You cannot defend that abortion of a showing from our marquee #7 top transfer target.

Lecland07

I'd rather a Fernandes miss (that he would score the majority of the time), and a Garnacho shot that SHOULD have resulted in us a penalty, and Antony hitting the post vs...... 14 passes. And that's it. That's the entirety of his contribution - and the only stat that can be awarded to him. He did nothing else. He made 14 passes in 85 minutes as a central playing midfielder.

Give it up. You cannot defend that abortion of a showing from our marquee #7 top transfer target.
Antony had 19 passes and was on longer. Garnacho has 16 passes. Did you know that Mount had more key passes than Antony and Garnacho? That means he was more creative than them.

I guess it doesn't fit, though. Arguing that they did more is ridiculous.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Antony had 19 passes and was on longer. Garnacho has 16 passes. Did you know that Mount had more key passes than Antony and Garnacho? That means he was more creative than them.

Antony hit the post and put Rashford through on goal. Arguing Mount did more is ridiculous.
Antony and Garnacho were playing on the wings; how the heck did they end up with more passes than Mount playing in midfield?

Leethal

Antony and Garnacho play wide. Mount central. Huge, huge difference.

Please do not try to justify Mount being a larger attacking threat last game than Garnacho and Antony. Honestly, that is just absolutely ridiculous and borderline insane. Even the staunchest Mount supporters would find it hard to argue your case with you here, mate. Because it's frankly so far off base, I don't think you even believe it yourself.

Gordon Godot

Antony and Garnacho play wide. Mount central. Huge, huge difference.

Please do not try to justify Mount being a larger attacking threat last game than Garnacho and Antony. Honestly, that is just absolutely ridiculous and borderline insane. Even the staunchest Mount supporters would find it hard to argue your case with you here, mate. Because it's frankly so far off base, I don't think you even believe it yourself.
It's funny isnt it. Antony was awful and a winger is now the benchmark for midfielder. Still dont know where Mount is meant to be playing but he certainly wasnt on the ball much

E-mal

I can see the effort from him but he is not of the right quality or profile for our midfield.
Not his fault that we brought him to the club but ultimately he will end up on the wings or a sub for Bruno.
All the fault is on recruitment and by that largely ETH. We wasted most of the summer trying to get him despite most of our fans being against it/skeptical how he will fit in. ETH however insisted on him and how you make your bed that's how you will lay on it.

E-mal

Relax, no reason to make him the scapegoat.
Everyone needs time to adjust. And in the first few matches the overall tactics and game has been horrible from the entire team.
I'm sure he will be a great player for United, once the team find the rhythm.
Why are you sure ? You know something we don't or you have a crystal ball to look into?

E-mal

Probably the same crystal ball the rest of you looked into and decided he’s crap.
First of all, I haven't said he is crap.
My issue even before the signing was that he was not the right fit for our midfield especially when you consider the qualities of the other two guys in midfield - both not press resistant and inpatient on the ball.
When you consider how poor he has been in the last two seasons together with preseason and start of the season, it is no surprise that people are skeptical.

I have said it a few times now, he is a decent player but the wrong fit for our midfield especially with Casemiro and Bruno in it. I am quite surprised that ETH thinks otherwise but he knows football than any of us on the Internet, so we will see.

Kazi

Anyone reckon Ronaldo’s cursed the #7 shirt like when Voldemort cursed the Defence Against the Dark Arts post after he was fired from it?

hobbers

Anyone reckon Ronaldo’s cursed the #7 shirt like when Voldemort cursed the Defence Against the Dark Arts post after he was fired from it?
No we just keep giving it to idiotic signings and/or utter duds

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So watching the games back without the heat of emotion...

Think he's been fine defensively and off the ball. Also when he does get the ball I think he's been good, press resistant, tidy and quick. The main issue is just not showing for the ball often enough, not getting on it often enough. Early days so you hope/expect it to improve rather than it becomes a Van de Beek situation where he doesn't get involved often enough. Defensively, pressing and what he's done when he has had the ball though has been fine IMO.

ZainCRse7en

What I want to know is which genius in the club decided to award him with the iconic number 7 jersey? Like what has Mount ever achieved in his career to even be worthy of one?

Wheato

It's a shame because a home game with us on the attack would probably bring out his best form and boost confidence. Although, no big loss because Erikson slots right in there and we can build that stable platform of last season.

bosnian_red

Ah feck. Not great to need Eriksen vs Arsenal away. Mount would've made a big plus there with his work rate.

saivet

Ah feck. Not great to need Eriksen vs Arsenal away. Mount would've made a big plus there with his work rate.
Assuming we don't sign anyone else, I'd prefer McT to start in midfield over those two. Can't believe I wrote those words but it's a sad situation.

bosnian_red

Assuming we don't sign anyone else, I'd prefer McT to start in midfield over those two. Can't believe I wrote those words but it's a sad situation.
Forgot about him but yeah I think he might play. Away to Arsenal, you need the legs.

hobbers

“Small issue” keeps him out for at least 3 weeks… okay.

So a recurrence of his problem last season. Have we signed yet another crock?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Another waste of money. Tends to pick up a lot of injury’s. Don’t get why we didn’t sign a proper number 8. A physical one. We’d play so much better.

RuudTom83

Looks like after the international break will be a mini restart...hopefully Mount and Hojlund both skip the internationals and stay in Manchester to train :devil:

Nogho

Mount out, Hojlund out…soon Varane out, Martial well..let’s hope this isn’t something that will keep reoccurring. Wouldn’t be surprised if Onana suddenly find his way to the African Cup
Of Nations.

Sorry for the off topic rambling. But it’s a bit tragicomic isn’t?

Ludens the Red

Would imagine it’s the back injury he had from last year and that’s why the statement is evasive. So that’s two of our summer signings potentially with apparent persistent back injuries.

hobbers

We’ve made so many signings that were so predictably shit, but this has taken it to a whole new level - beyond the AWBs and the Sanchos. At least Oles duds were not signed with persistent known injury problems.

OrcaFat

So watching the games back without the heat of emotion...

Think he's been fine defensively and off the ball. Also when he does get the ball I think he's been good, press resistant, tidy and quick. The main issue is just not showing for the ball often enough, not getting on it often enough. Early days so you hope/expect it to improve rather than it becomes a Van de Beek situation where he doesn't get involved often enough. Defensively, pressing and what he's done when he has had the ball though has been fine IMO.
Yeah. He’s injured now of course but he has been a cog in a machine that isn’t running smoothly. Nobody is quite doing it right yet. I think he will end up getting on the ball a lot more and he does need to improve his part but the whole team or, perhaps more pointedly, every individual in the team has to improve.

And when I say improve, it’s not a matter of anyone playing better but it is everyone playing more correctly for the system.

Without banging on about this too much, we are in a classic scenario of having to step back before leaping forward.

HotOne

I'd never wish an injury on anybody but the injury taking him out of the firing line and equally out of a midfield that clearly isn't working for a couple of games probably isn't such a bad thing. Hopefully we can get a couple of wins and Mount can come back into a more confident side after some time out. Although I don't think the Bruno, Mount, Casemiro 3 is ever going to work well.

OrcaFat

I'd never wish an injury on anybody but the injury taking him out of the firing line and equally out of a midfield that clearly isn't working for a couple of games probably isn't such a bad thing. Hopefully we can get a couple of wins and Mount can come back into a more confident side after some time out. Although I don't think the Bruno, Mount, Casemiro 3 is ever going to work well.
Mount is 100% integral to the system EtH is trying to get us playing. He might totally abandon it but I don’t think so. Hannibal should come in….

acid_fuji

Mount is 100% integral to the system EtH is trying to get us playing. He might totally abandon it but I don’t think so. Hannibal should come in….
Wonder if he might use Sancho and move Bruno deeper. Allthough if Hannibal could do it he is way more physical to Sancho. If we play Eriksen with Arsenal we will be in trouble unless we park the buss and play counter

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The Casemiro/Bruno/Mount midfield is ETH's plan for this season. I would rather stick with that until it either works or ETH decides it doesn't than play it for a couple of games, have to break it up for a few more, then inevitably try it again with a just-back-from injury Mount. Nothing is particularly going to change with the rest of the team in the time he's out, bar maybe Hojlund being introduced.

And when you talk about "taking him out of the firing line", we've lost one game we could have easily drawn. That isn't much of a firing line, some posters here are just fond of histrionics. He could easily return into a more difficult situation, with us just having played Arsenal and being just about to play Brighton if he returns during the international break.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Fascinating when the common consensus is he’s been rubbish when in actuality we’ve won the ball in the attacking 3rd more than any other team, had the second highest number of chances created and you realise without him we can’t press high any more due to his replacement in Eriksen having zero legs.

hobbers

So he has a recurring pelvic injury which kept him out for about 12 games last season. Probably some chronic or recurring form of osteitis pubis.