2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

OrcaFat

Played well today. Think he will turn out to be a good signing. Might work better with Amrabat at no6 instead of the great Case who’s been slightly off his game lately.

criticalanalysis

Played as well as he could. Got involved, pressed, hurried and tried to speed the game up. Let down massively by Bruno, who was having a stinker ahead/beside him.

Red00012

Played well today. Think he will turn out to be a good signing. Might work better with Amrabat at no6 instead of the great Case who’s been slightly off his game lately.
Casemiro was man of the match 4 days ago

OrcaFat

Casemiro was man of the match 4 days ago
Shock! I know, I saw him (although lots of our players did well against a pretty shit Palace team).

I love Case, that’s why I called him The Great Case, but his overall form has been a little sketchy this season. When he plays with discipline it’s fine, good in fact. Amrabat is an option and might be better if Case isn’t going to play his best.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Ha. I assume this is a joke. Even people who can’t understand why we bought him have been agreeing he did okay today.
What did he actually do?

If his performance today is the standard for doing well now its no wonder we look so shite. What single positive contribution did he make other than not fecking anything up by virtue of not trying to do anything in the first place?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's taken the brunt of the frustration. Think about it, he's the kind of player EtH wants, that's a good thing.
No it's the reason we are losing 1-0 at home to Crystal Palace.

I know he's a new player so people want to give him some slack but no good is going to come out of pretending doing nothing = playing well.

Martial

What did he actually do?

If his performance today is the standard for doing well now its no wonder we look so shite. What single positive contribution did he make other than not fecking anything up by virtue of not trying to do anything in the first place?
This times one hundred.

He is a nothing player, the exact same player we've seen playing for England so far.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Think he did well in the midfield. Did the basics right, progressed the ball well and made some really good passes. The attack is dogshit, cant blame him.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Don't know why people thought he was good. Never looks like scoring, doesn't look very creative, doesn't control games. I've no idea what he does, remind of Van der Beek

the_cliff

People that think Mount played badly and Bruno played well is why we're in this shitshow.

How you can think Mount played badly today is beyond me. He was probably one of our best players today and was quite confused when he was subbed off.

Leethal

Not the worst player on the pitch.

Managed to achieve that feat by virtue of not really doing much at all.

There is a significant difference in having a good game, and not having a bad game. He falls into the latter. There’s some very confused people in this thread who cannot seem to tell the difference, though.

buckooo1978

thought he was good in flashes, quick and bright in possession

he flitted in and out of the game though and Id want to see him more involved/influential

Wing Attack Plan R

I like him. He was good today against Palace. Good intensity, good pressing, good forward runs that were rarely spotted. His understanding with Bruno and Hojlund will improve. Midfield conundrum, how do we play with Mount, Bruno, Casemiro, and then Amrabat pushing up as a 6, when all of them are better centrally and we have nothing from the wings? When everyone's available, maybe see Mount on the right, freeing up the middle.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think our fans have forgotten what a good midfield performance looks like. Doing nothing so there's nothing to criticise in contrast to his midfield partners who try stuff and lose the ball is still bad.

Exactly the same way he's played his entire career and why he never should have been a target.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He missed a sitter my nan could have scored in preseason. From that point on he's already cursed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People that think Mount played badly and Bruno played well is why we're in this shitshow.

How you can think Mount played badly today is beyond me. He was probably one of our best players today and was quite confused when he was subbed off.
In fairness to ETH, Mount is just returning from an injury and only played 45 min in the last game. Expecting him to last the full 90min today was probably a bit much.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
No it's the reason we are losing 1-0 at home to Crystal Palace.

I know he's a new player so people want to give him some slack but no good is going to come out of pretending doing nothing = playing well.
Our manager has a duty to use him properly. We're frustrated and want results yesterday. EtH has to step up and utilise him as he foreshadowed.

Vaibhav Raj

I felt he was doing well in the first half. Making run towards the byline from inside to give Amrabat passing options, chosing good passes, chesting down long balls and linking up. I still put our defeat against Palace down to our front three and Bruno not being the type of players who can link up well with cute passes and break down a team willing to sit and defend.

slored1

Thought he was pretty good. Him and Bruno is a weird midfield combination though, especially if Casemiro is used in the middle, as no one in that trio can build up from the back.

Oldyella

I like that he zips his passes to others and generally tries to speed up our play. Problem is it eventually ends up with Rashford who stands on the ball or Bruno/Cas and it could then go anywhere.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
If we had a functional team, he would look better. In a team with an offense based on Bruno or Rashford creating something out of nothing, after losing the ball 5-6 times, he won't end up with a lot of offensive contributions.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If we had a functional team, he would look better. In a team with an offense based on Bruno or Rashford creating something out of nothing, after losing the ball 5-6 times, he won't end up with a lot of offensive contributions.
These are the same excuses you lot were making for Van de Beek in his first season. I can't believe Murtough thought that went well, lets do it again for 70M. Spurs are laughing all the way getting Maddison, a far better player for less.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
These are the same excuses you lot were making for Van de Beek in his first season. I can't believe Murtough thought that went well, lets do it again for 70M. Spurs are laughing all the way getting Maddison, a far better player for less.
I'm not making excuses for anyone, especially not Van de Beek. It's just my opinion on Mount.

I think Maddison is better at 10, our mistake was buying him to play as an 8. Neither him nor maddison are 8's.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The Cafe is quite split on this one. I think big part of the problem is that Mount featured in a lot of games we were shit/lost. He didn't cover himself in glory but I still think he was better/more influential than guys like Pellistri or Hannibal, but they were lucky to play in games we've won so the perception is different. Cafe is very nervous these days, understandably.

I think he's a good player, the question is how we use him. Buying him as Bruno partner makes very little sense regardless of who plays #6 role.

Idxomer

The Cafe is quite split on this one. I think big part of the problem is that Mount featured in a lot of games we were shit/lost. He didn't cover himself in glory but I still think he was better/more influential than guys like Pellistri or Hannibal, but they were lucky to play in games we've won so the perception is different. Cafe is very nervous these days, understandably.

I think he's a good player, the question is how we use him. Buying him as Bruno partner makes very little sense regardless of who plays #6 role.
He basically did all the boring stuff on the ball Bruno isn't very good at. He linked up the play well, took good positions in the final 3rd and kept the ball moving. I agree he and Bruno are a bad partnership but then again the latter is a bad partner for any other attacking midfielder. I would be tempted to put Mount on the left in the next few games which is the position he played when Chelsea won the CL. That would be a tough call though with both Rashford and Garnacho available.

We lost 1 - 0 at home to Crystal Palace with him as our supposed dynamic midfielder. He drifts through games doing an occasional nice pass or run but he'll never control a game. I think he will be the hill Ten Hag dies on.

Rockets Redglare

We lost 1 - 0 at home to Crystal Palace with him as our supposed dynamic midfielder. He drifts through games doing an occasional nice pass or run but he'll never control a game. I think he will be the hill Ten Hag dies on.
He’s made 2 league appearances.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Nah. That's Rashford.

Giggsyking

He basically did all the boring stuff on the ball Bruno isn't very good at. He linked up the play well, took good positions in the final 3rd and kept the ball moving. I agree he and Bruno are a bad partnership but then again the latter is a bad partner for any other attacking midfielder. I would be tempted to put Mount on the left in the next few games which is the position he played when Chelsea won the CL. That would be a tough call though with both Rashford and Garnacho available.
Put both our only attacking threats on the bench to play a mediocre midfielder at the wing :lol:. This place is a jem.

redshaw

I liked him midweek when he had more going on around him. First team games and against better players he's been struggling, I don't think the setup works and also he's more limited than what the manager may think. They both believe he can play deeper and have a big influence but this is off his impressive stint at Vitesse as younger player. I don't think he can replicate that in the premier league, it's been a few years now and he's evolved into a floating attacker.

A good player to have in your armoury but difficult to fit, in theory he can provide assists and goals. I would've had Maddison with a view to phase Bruno out.

Think we need a midfield pairing from Case/Amra/Hannibal and have either Bruno or Mount. Bruno seems mentally drained and stuck, it would be good to rest and have him watch.

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Agreed. I think he's being told not to make too many risks as Bruno is already that guy. On the other hand, even Casemiro is taking a lot of risk so it's strange if Mount is the only one with restrictions. I don't understand this setup tbh.

One of Bruno/Mount surely has to be shifted to right wing though until Antony is back, Pellistri should be binned surely.

We can play this game but in the end it's not like Amrabat was brought to play left back, so there's no easy solution to any of our problems really.