g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Mason Mount image 7

Mason Mount England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can we ban this guy over his ridiculous name references?
Either that or very obviously being a Liverpool fan without declaring it.

Half his posts are about Liverpool players, and he's on first name terms with all of them, of course. :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Play him in the middle and Bruno on the right.

Not ideal, but it could work well-ish. Or - to put it like this: if Bruno can contribute significantly if somewhat erratically from out wide, he's actually our best alternative in that position by some distance.

And it's arguably more important to have more of a "system player" in the middle, as part of a midfield configuration.

Put it like this: I prefer a functional if not optimal Bruno on the right (in, let's say, a "freer" role - although Bruno is more than capable of doing the actual leg work/pressing and so forth too) and Mount as a central AM to the alternative, which seems to be: Bruno as the central AM and...yes, who on the right?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Not ideal, but it could work well-ish. Or - to put it like this: if Bruno can contribute significantly if somewhat erratically from out wide, he's actually our best alternative in that position by some distance.

And it's arguably more important to have more of a "system player" in the middle, as part of a midfield configuration.

Put it like this: I prefer a functional if not optimal Bruno on the right (in, let's say, a "freer" role - although Bruno is more than capable of doing the actual leg work/pressing and so forth too) and Mount as a central AM to the alternative, which seems to be: Bruno as the central AM and...yes, who on the right?
And beyond that, Bruno's most impressive performance in 2023 was as a right side midfielder against Barcelona. I also suspect that Antony will be better centrally, he is good in tight spaces and his pressing/tracking back could see him mirror someone like Di Maria.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sorry to revive it onto the new page but feck me Dombosslad is the worst thing I have ever seen

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are you mad, bruh?
Dombosslad is playing like actual StevieG 2.0
Played everywhere in that triple 8 midfield and basically does everything good, defensively and offensively.
Got few long-rangers in as well early season.
Very exciting player to watch.
What the feck is a dombosslad

Jeffthered

I think this too. Mount and Ericksen have to rotate that role, both of them have goals in them, and we need their genuine goal threat. Both Ericksen and Mount should be looking at least 10 goals each this season, and they both have the ability. This would add massively to our team. Bruno is intelligent enough to play on the right, he'll get chances, he can be creative, and he can also worry less about defending.

zaafi

I had to google that dombosslad shit to figure out if that's actually a thing. Turns out this thread is the only thing that pops up and he just made that up himself :lol:

It has to be one of the worst names I've seen for a player ever

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
And beyond that, Bruno's most impressive performance in 2023 was as a right side midfielder against Barcelona.
Yes, good point.

In fact, a "free-ish" sort of role often works well in a nominal wide position. As in: not a "right winger" or a "right wing forward" (or whatever)...but a right sided (attacking) midfielder (of some description).

Bruno's strength is his creativity, his ability to come up with a killer move. His strength is clearly not ball retention/recycling and/or being part of a set configuration. In theory, he should be able to play his natural game from out wide (and, as you say, he's actually done it too - even if the sample size is obviously small).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Dombosslad :lol: What in the feck is that!
Stevie G, apparently.

Except the poster who came up with it can't have watched Stevie G too closely (because he was definitely not brilliant in every aspect as a midfielder).

An actual dombosslad (yes, it's an appalling term - hideous, in fact) would be, I dunno, someone like Lothar Matthäus.

ShinjiNinja26

Either that or very obviously being a Liverpool fan without declaring it.

Half his posts are about Liverpool players, and he's on first name terms with all of them, of course. :lol:
My thoughts as well. I’ve been noticing this a lot more recently, there’s that other fella that claims to be a Bolton fan but it’s very clear he supports Arsenal. Why even bother? It’s fecking sad.

DWelbz19

My thoughts as well. I’ve been noticing this a lot more recently, there’s that other fella that claims to be a Bolton fan but it’s very clear he supports Arsenal. Why even bother? It’s fecking sad.
There's a legitimate Chelsea fan on here who pretended to be a Man Utd fan for years and when he got outed he's now just a Chelsea fan

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its always been an internet fan favourite that you rarely see in the wild apart from in one-off games for specific tactical reasons. But Real Madrid are playing a 442 diamond this season in order to accomodate Bellingham, who mostly plays at the top of the diamond. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out for them.
That's more of a 4-3-3 with a false 9 given Vini and Rodrygo are generally wingers

didz

When we signed Van de Beek, I initially thought we'd see a lot of Bruno playing killer balls coming in from the right with Donny making runs beyond the forward line. A bit like how Ajax used VDB and Ziyech. Something similar could work with Mount central.

OleGunnar20

Would rather see Mount out right with Bruno at #10 personally. He was good out there at Chelsea no? I'm not sure how he'd do with AWB but I could see him combining well with Dalot.

OldTrevil

Very good half in his last outing, improved our link up and progression massively in the middle. He also has a engine on him and can help the team get hold of a midfield battle. I think we see a mid four of him, Cas, Amrabat and Bruno in this next game, which lookds quite strong and exciting.

Borninthe80ts

Showed the traits the manager was looking for when he purchased him. The assist will do his confidence wonders and I’m hoping for a goal too soon. We have a few players now who are very flexible and I think this will be really invaluable over the season.

I can see when he builds chemistry with the players he will help us play some good football.

DWelbz19

Half turn merchant. If he’s not in spaces to be played through on goal he offers very little

Red Star One

Early days but he reminds me of Kagawa. Neat and tidy on the ball but largely ineffective. Very rarely provides line breaking passes
Actually a good description and comparison. That's what he was in the first half, in second he was just invisible.

He's a decent player but we all knew he's not what the team needed and getting our transfer priorities wrong will cost us again this season.

Abraxas

Not his worst game in a United shirt. Which is saying quite a lot considering it still wasn't a particularly eventful outing and he's really struggling to make an impression on games.

Idxomer

I actually thought he was good but for what he offers making him our priority midfield signing is hilariously bad business. He’s basically Ander Herrera
He was, far better than Casemiro or Bruno. These posts all seem pre-written and a bit dumb tbh.

Litch

Nothing wrong with what was a tidy performance but Cas and Bruno were absolutely shocking

Telsim

Only him and Dalot stand out as players who actually showed up to play some football. How effective he was is another matter, but not the problem today.

Ekeke

Some positive signs after previously being very poor. Battled hard for the ball and a few moments of good linkup with the front players with chest controls and flicks. 7 tackles, 1 interception and 1 foul

Still much to improve on if hes going to be a worthy signing, but one of the least dissappointing performers today