2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

kundalini

Didn't help his case for more mins with that dreadful through-ball straight to the Fulham keeper when it didn't look that difficult to find Garnacho.

Surprised he didn't come on earlier given Eriksen was regularly giving the ball away.

marktan

He's the equivalent to the Dossena, Downing etc crap that Liverpool used to sign in the late 2000s/early 2010s

TempusFugit

He should get more chances to to actually show what's he's capable of. 5 mins cameos here and there aren't it. To see so many people writing him off is crazy, ah yes he came on and made a poor pass. That seals it, flop of the season.

Mount is actually a good footballer struggling to find a place in this team, Ten Hag has to make it work. He should be replacing Eriksen in that team and starting more often than not.

fps

He's the equivalent to the Dossena, Downing etc crap that Liverpool used to sign in the late 2000s/early 2010s
I always compare this United with 90s Liverpool but this works as well. And Antony is like a bad Shaqiri.

crossy1686

career ending
He should get more chances to to actually show what's he's capable of. 5 mins cameos here and there aren't it. To see so many people writing him off is crazy, ah yes he came on and made a poor pass. That seals it, flop of the season.

Mount is actually a good footballer struggling to find a place in this team, Ten Hag has to make it work. He should be replacing Eriksen in that team and starting more often than not.
People said these exact same things about Donny.

TempusFugit

People said these exact same things about Donny.
Your post is a bit funny. Mount is a very different player from Donny and unlike Van De Beek we know he can do it in the PL.

This is the same Mount who assisted a CL winning goal, the same Mount who performed well at Chelsea for years in their best CL campaigns. If he doesn't it make it here it will be simply because Ten Hag didn't plan properly (early stages but that's what it seems like) for him, not due to lacking quality imo. He's a very versatile midfielder who can operate on the wings as well. Doubt his ability to fit into this team but not his quality.

Matt851

Because you know like he does nothing in the middle? Well imagine putting him up against a full back that will put him under pressure with and without the ball? We might as well start with 10 men.
Was he not a key player in a champions league win from that right. I am not pretending he is a perfect option in that position but then who is. He literally couldn't be any less effective than Antony there, and pellistri is meh

NZT-One

I thought he was tidy on the ball. The one through ball wasn't great but I'd still have smacked Garnacho for acting out. Not a great outlook at he had his fair shares of inability himself. He needs to take over from Eriksen, it is such a waste of minutes.

theklr

Would have been a much easier game for us if he had started instead of Eriksen. Granted he failed the thorugh ball but he brought high energy to the team, was tidy in possession and harassed the Fulham players well.

He just needs an assist or a goal and he’ll start be an important player for us

Woodenlung

I thought he played alright when he came on. It was noticeable that United started pressing more and were counter-attacking more frequently.

The Purley King

I thought he was tidy enough when he came on. The midfield is a complete shambles in general, but at least he had some energy and kept the ball fairly well.

Leethal

Stupid comment. If he was ‘decent’ every time he played for then he would be starting. But he wasn’t in the last game he started, hence he isn’t starting.

This thread is for discussing performances in the most recent game. In which Mount played well for the time he was on the pitch. Hence ‘decent”.
I mean, that he played well is an opinion of which I do not share. He ran about a bit against tired legs, and then misplaced a pass in a promising position and the attack broke down immediately.

I reiterate, if that’s the acceptable standard from our marquee signing, we’re in big trouble.

zaafi

I mean, that he played well is an opinion of which I do not share. He ran about a bit against tired legs, and then misplaced a pass in a promising position and the attack broke down immediately.

I reiterate, if that’s the acceptable standard from our marquee signing, we’re in big trouble.
Why are you not in Antony's thread bashing him in? He cost much more, is a worse player and has played here for much longer than Mount.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I actually rated him (note the past tense), but I disagreed with the transfer value, which was was too high for his current market value.
We were talking risks for hiring him and we doubled the risk by giving an inflated offer.

redIndianDevil

Why are you not in Antony's thread bashing him in? He cost much more, is a worse player and has played here for much longer than Mount.
I don’t know about the guy you are responding to but I’m only in the Mount threads to look for your posts and to see how far you go to defend him.

Calling for people to go and criticise other players is something new :lol:

zaafi

I don’t know about the guy you are responding to but I’m only in the Mount threads to look for your posts and to see how far you go to defend him.

Calling for people to go and criticise other players is something new :lol:
You're only in Mount's player performance thread to look for my posts? That's just sad mate. Go out and do something.

Don't you think it's clear what I meant? He is never in other player's performance threads, only here. So you have players that are performing much worse, but he never posts in their threads, it's only Mount and him alone, and he has been doing it since July, even while he was injured ffs :lol:

redIndianDevil

You're only in Mount's player performance thread to look for my posts? That's just sad mate. Go out and do something.

Don't you think it's clear what I meant? He is never in other player's performance threads, only here. So you have players that are performing much worse, but he never posts in their threads, it's only Mount and him alone, and he has been doing it since July, even while he was injured ffs :lol:
No mate what you are doing is sad, you could at least wait until Mount has a decent game before running your mouth here.

Abraxas

Not sure what to grasp onto with Mount.

It wouldn't be so bad if I saw a position he could/should be effective in. What is that position?

There is a big contrast between Bruno in that match winning moment and Mount as an offensive player. Mount doesn't seem to be a man that comes up trumps, more of a bridesmaid/supporting act at very best.

Out wide he would have little threat and deep has been disastrous. We've bought a square peg for round holes.

sammyhol

Starting to think that Erik feels like he has to find ways of getting him onto the pitch to save face for signing him

Yagami

Good post resistant
What a signing. Already relegated to the bench and, when called upon, doesn't even come on in the position we apparently bought him for.

Alemar

It was quite strange to see Mount as a striker given we had Martial (who could definitely play these 10 minutes, and maybe even play better)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I kinda get why Mount came on tonight. Hojlund was tiring. Martial doesn't press. Mount runs around like a headless chicken. I sorta see it.

But no.

Not the time or the place for him. Baffled by this transfer: Donny mk2.

ti vu

What was the idea behind bringing him on to play as a 9?
Wrong thread for this question. It's not like Mount asked to play in all these nonsense position he has been deployed under ETH.

Back to Mount, still doesn't know what he brings to our team when his best position is unavailable and he can't play into form by playing in strange position.

ti vu

I kinda get why Mount came on tonight. Hojlund was tiring. Martial doesn't press. Mount runs around like a headless chicken. I sorta see it.

But no.

Not the time or the place for him. Baffled by this transfer: Donny mk2.
Lingard has been free without a club. Sold Fred only to downgrade while paying more if you count Mount as his replacement.

Irwin99

Strange signing so far, especially giving him the most iconic United number too. I mean, the team has an opening on the right side for him but he just doesn't get games. Often looks lost when he comes on, with no real purpose.

The Oracle

Came on and looked like a shrinking violet.

The shirt is too heavy for him.

Bad signing.

Leethal

Please ignore the absolute shite performances he’s churned out for the last 18 months for club and country.

He assisted a goal in the Champions league final.

Dannn411

Signed for way over fair price and never plays. Wonderful decision making once again from Ten Hag.

For what its worth I think he can still be useful for us. Its just that Ten Hag has not once even played him in the position in which he can be most useful because he refuses to drop Bruno Fernandes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think we need to have the same conversations. It's clear that it was a mistake, it's clear that Ten Hag sees him as a Bruno competition and that's it now. What's done is done.

Chance that when Martinez and Shaw, we can have them take on a big part of the deep build up load and then put Mount back in midfield, but we also need Casemiro in top form for that so that looks unlikely. So 4-2-3-1 with Eriksen being vital until January at least and Mount being a bit part player.

Thiagoal

The craziest part of all this is that he was in the last year of his contract. We’ve essentially paid tens of millions of pounds for a player that will most likely sit on the bench all season who we could have picked up for nothing. Insane waste of money and one that the majority of our fan base could see but not management sadly!