2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Giggsyking

Not only mediocre, but also always injured. Fecking John Murtough spent a fortune on this guy.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
The analogy should be...
The old telly broke down.
Then wife asked if she could buy shiny new oven to replaced it.
She said that she could start to cook more and (healthy food as well) rather than binging netflix.
Long story short, she stopped cooking with the oven just after a few weeks and start watching netflix on her dingy smartphone.
You are still not fed, out of a good few poundsterling, and kitchen is getting more crowded.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The analogy should be...
The old telly broke down.
Then wife asked if she could buy shiny new oven to replaced it.
She said that she could start to cook more and (healthy food as well) rather than binging netflix.
Long story short, she stopped cooking with the oven just after a few weeks and start watching netflix on her dingy smartphone.
You are still not fed, out of a good few poundsterling, and kitchen is getting more crowded.
More like you walk to work every day but it takes too long, and instead of buying a car or bike to get there quicker, you try to solve the problem by buying a new pair of shoes, because for some reason you think you can use them as a car.

Also you bought them in the wrong size so they don't fit on your feet, and also they fell out the back of the van when being delivered and got run over several times so are worse thsn your old shoes. Also they're always injured

Leethal

If there was a like button, I'd press it for this.
Spot on, some people made up their minds on Mount before he even kicked a ball, and unfortunately they won't be swayed, its almost like certain sections are actively willing him to do poor so they can point out how correct they were.

He's a good player and I am sure he will show his worth given a bit of time and fitness
Just because he’s signed for United, it doesn’t mean that people who didn’t rate him for Chelsea and England suddenly have to start rating him.

It’s nothing at all to do with willingness for him to do poorly. It would be incredibly fickle to act otherwise. I don’t rate him. At all. It’s entirely up to Mount to sway my opinion. I won’t suddenly change my opinion and start believing he’s a good player; based entirely on the fact he has signed for the club I support. His performances will have to do that - and it’s not looking good so far. We’ve got exactly what I expected, and exactly what I’ve seen for the past 18 months for club and country.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
More like you walk to work every day but it takes too long, and instead of buying a car or bike to get there quicker, you try to solve the problem by buying a new pair of shoes, because for some reason you think you can use them as a car.

Also you bought them in the wrong size so they don't fit on your feet, and also they fell out the back of the van when being delivered and got run over several times so are worse thsn your old shoes. Also they're always injured
Are you not a fan?! :lol:

Devil81

When is he back?

We've literally paid 50 million to move him from Chelsea's medical department to ours.

If ever a signing made zero sense it's this one.

samlee86

What he cost? 50 something million for a player you dont know where to play, gettint a number 7 jersey and not even played on the right where we have a gapping hole.

United.
Could have gotten him on a free next summer, instead we spent £55m to sign him a year early… to sit on our massage table. :houllier:

Does anyone at our club understand cost/benefit analysis.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The number 7 is not a problem, the problem is he missed a sitter during preseason. Everyone knows if you do that your career is fecked at the new club. At least try to fake an injury, he just smiled at it now the curses are on him.

Shady

Another conflict brewing? Rumors the club was unhappy about him hiring his own medical staff.

nmm85

Another conflict brewing? Rumors the club was unhappy about him hiring his own medical staff.
To be fair, united are wanting to restructure the medical structure at the club and with how badly they appear to be handling players injuries, it's not surprising he'd want his own.

UTD_Since_1978

Just because he’s signed for United, it doesn’t mean that people who didn’t rate him for Chelsea and England suddenly have to start rating him.
I hate it when the mindset of some UTD fans are like this (see convo below)

March 2023 Chelsea vs UTD

UTD fan 1: Bloody hell that Mount is rubbish, ain't he?

UTD fan 2: Yeah, bloody awful I wouldn't want to see him at UTD

July 2023 - Mount signs for UTD

UTD fan 1: I see UTD have signed that useless Chelsea reject Mount.

UTD fan 2: Useless?! What you talking about, class player, I've always said that, what a great signing.

UTD fan 1: A few months ago you said he was awful & wouldn't want him at UTD.

UTD fan 2: No I didn't, he's always been a quality player, best midfielder in the country.

Shady

Where have you seen this?
Podcast with Fredrik Filtvedt (Norwegian journalist with credible sources, check his Twitter). But it was in Norwegian. He alluded to something strange going on and the club taking issue with him not trusting the club's medical staff. But didn't go into more details.

Loon

:lol:
I know people have made up their mind about this lad, but I’d like to see him fit and get involved in a run of games and see how he shapes up then.

Marwood

Whatever about the fee or if we needed him, he has to play in front of Antony off the right. He's a much better player. Not even close.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Whatever about the fee or if we needed him, he has to play in front of Antony off the right. He's a much better player. Not even close.
Mount, Dalot can play RW. Seems highly unlikely that Antony will be dropped, seems like him and McTominay are really Eric's favorites.

Marwood

Mount, Dalot can play RW. Seems highly unlikely that Antony will be dropped, seems like him and McTominay are really Eric's favorites.
He's dropped them both before. He's dropped everyone except Bruno really so I'd don't really buy the favourite thing.

But the penny has to fully drop that Antony doesn't belong at this level where as Mount does.

Leethal

He's dropped them both before. He's dropped everyone except Bruno really so I'd don't really buy the favourite thing.

But the penny has to fully drop that Antony doesn't belong at this level where as Mount does.
Based on what?

What has Mount shown in the last 18 months to show he belongs "at this level"? He's been awful. And since signing for United, he's continued to be awful. Sure, he had a couple of good seasons a few years back, but remember, Dele Alli also had a few good seasons when he was younger. Judge players on the "now". And the "now", he's been shite.

foolsgold

Based on what?

What has Mount shown in the last 18 months to show he belongs "at this level"? He's been awful. And since signing for United, he's continued to be awful. Sure, he had a couple of good seasons a few years back, but remember, Dele Alli also had a few good seasons when he was younger. Judge players on the "now". And the "now", he's been shite.
Is that fair? He's basically been injured since we signed him. He's not played enough for me to have a real opinion on him, which is obviously disappointing but not ready to say he's shite.

Leethal

Is that fair? He's basically been injured since we signed him. He's not played enough for me to have a real opinion on him, which is obviously disappointing but not ready to say he's shite.
Sure it's fair. He shouldn't be getting concessions because he's not playing from injury. He's paid to play. If he lacks resilience and cannot play, what use is he for us? Outside of that, when he hasn't been injured, he's largely been shite anyway. For Chelsea, England, and now us. He's not been performing for close to two years or so.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Could've just left him in Chelsea's injury room for a year then picked him up on a free. What a monumental waste of money he's been.

Gordon Godot

Could've just left him in Chelsea's injury room for a year then picked him up on a free. What a monumental waste of money he's been.
A player signed for no purpose, other than a great game against Ajax when he was on loan at Vitesse. One good season for Chelsea and then faded. Maddison went for half the fee, a player we needed to replace Eriksen.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Needs to get a run of games in a set system. I still think we should have signed Maddison though, much better player and cheaper price. That’s where the blame lies with the people at the top again… signing worse players out there for more money.

DJ_21

I rate and like Maddison but come on, Maddison -Bruno doesnt make sense either
Your right. But if we was signing the one out of Mount and Maddison then it should have been Maddison. We need a solid CM. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to play with 2 8s while we have Bruno. We may aswell play with a 10 and 2 6s. We need someone who can dictate play and speed up the tempo.

Gordon Godot

Your right. But if we was signing the one out of Mount and Maddison then it should have been Maddison. We need a solid CM. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to play with 2 8s while we have Bruno. We may aswell play with a 10 and 2 6s. We need someone who can dictate play and speed up the tempo.
No but we needed to replace an aging Eriksen. Look at how his return last night improved us. Maddison is an excellent replacement, he can also beat players and more of a goal threat than Eriksen. Could also at times allow us to drop Bruno and play Maddison ahead of a defensive two.

DJ_21

No but we needed to replace an aging Eriksen. Look at how his return last night improved us. Maddison is an excellent replacement, he can also beat players and more of a goal threat than Eriksen. Could also at times allow us to drop Bruno and play Maddison ahead of a defensive two.
Ye that needs to be one of our priorities in the summer. Replacing Eriksen. We need a DLP.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
i would also prefer Maddison to Mount