View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but Mount fits much better into the system that we all thought we were getting from ETH. Bruno has the killer glory ball but he does not at all fit into a structured style of play.

Whether we want to see the kind of chaotic football Bruno guarantees us is a different question, but if we don’t and want to see more cohesion in our play then top Mason trumps top Bruno.
Then why has Bruno put in the numbers but Mount has barely an assist to his name and went missing in EVERY match he's played?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but Mount fits much better into the system that we all thought we were getting from ETH. Bruno has the killer glory ball but he does not at all fit into a structured style of play.

Whether we want to see the kind of chaotic football Bruno guarantees us is a different question, but if we don’t and want to see more cohesion in our play then top Mason trumps top Bruno.
That’s the thing — I don’t think Mount offers much in cohesion either. I think he’s a bit of a coaster. Like a juiced van de Beek (Ajax level) type of player. That’s not going to add much to our chasm of a midfield.

lex talionis

Then why has Bruno put in the numbers but Mount has barely an assist to his name and went missing in EVERY match he's played?
Has Bruno actually won it in top numbers this season? They say stats can lie, but if the numbers say Bruno has had a top season it would be in defiance of what our eyes have been telling us all season.

That Mount could have done better is unprovable, but what’s hard to dispute is that Bruno has been poor this season.

marktan

That’s the thing — I don’t think Mount offers much in cohesion either. I think he’s a bit of a coaster. Like a juiced van de Beek (Ajax level) type of player. That’s not going to add much to our chasm of a midfield.
He is exactly that. A continuation of the lineage of Tom Cleverly and Mata.

What people also forget is that like half of Mount's assists for Chelsea were from corners.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

What people also forget is that like half of Mount's assists for Chelsea were from corners.
Yeah, who wants a consistent,.effective set piece taker anyway. Waste of time.

M16Red

There are only two possibilities I can think of:

He wanted to play 4141 like Arteta does with Havertz and Odegaard in front of Rice. He wanted to play Mount and Bruno as the two number 10's ahead of Casemiro in our 3 man midfield set-up. I think the idea was flawed from the beginning as neither of Mount or Bruno are very good on the ball and can't keep it under pressure like Odegaard can. In fact, Bruno is absolutely terrible at holding the ball or under any kind of pressure and deals with it as if its Kryptonite.

Or other the possibility is that he wanted Mount to slowly integrate him into the team in Bruno's position. It's a bit of stretch for me as that would mean that ETH had some kind of plan.
I really believe this was his plan at the start, now who the feck knows.

marktan

Yeah, who wants a consistent,.effective set piece taker anyway. Waste of time.
The point was more he doesn't create much from open play, especially when compared to someone like Bruno. Better corners would be good but they had Zouma, Rudiger and someone else (Silva?) scoring regularly from them, whereas we only really have Maguire who scores headers and he wouldn't play if our other defenders were fit.

Andersons Dietician

There are only two possibilities I can think of:

He wanted to play 4141 like Arteta does with Havertz and Odegaard in front of Rice. He wanted to play Mount and Bruno as the two number 10's ahead of Casemiro in our 3 man midfield set-up. I think the idea was flawed from the beginning as neither of Mount or Bruno are very good on the ball and can't keep it under pressure like Odegaard can. In fact, Bruno is absolutely terrible at holding the ball or under any kind of pressure and deals with it as if its Kryptonite.

Or other the possibility is that he wanted Mount to slowly integrate him into the team in Bruno's position. It's a bit of stretch for me as that would mean that ETH had some kind of plan.
Fairly certain he was brought in as cover for Bruno but to be the replacement for Erikson. ETH wants us to be a high pressing team and Mount was just another piece of that puzzle.
Speaking of Mount anyone know when he’s due back or if he is even in training.

Edit- seemingly ETH said in Feb he was several weeks away from returning so maybe end of March.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The point was more he doesn't create much from open play, especially when compared to someone like Bruno. Better corners would be good but they had Zouma, Rudiger and someone else (Silva?) scoring regularly from them, whereas we only really have Maguire who scores headers and he wouldn't play if our other defenders were fit.
Casemiro is far more of an aerial threat from corners than Maguire.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What a bizarre signing. Genuinely forget he exists.

I suppose the only 'good' thing is that it's feasible we will have a far better season next year if we can keep the squad fit with a few decent additions. Of course that's a fecking gigantic 'if'.

Gar&Nachos

Mount is the 'transitional player'.

I think this is why Arteta wanted him instead of Havertz too.

Mount can play anywhere across the centre midfield to the forward positions - what he does is gets in to pockets of open space and becomes the 'False' player that plays almost as a free flowing pivot where his only duty is to receive the ball in the space his team mates have left behind. This helps the build up play move forward as Mount moves forward.

So you will see him consistently move from LCM to RCM to RAM to LAM to LW to RW and even as a SS.

His movement around the opposition half provides a receiver for his team mates to find the extra man that can cover all positions temporarily.

I think I saw this when Ten Hag played Mount as a CM. Mount's main duty was to move to a free play area, receive pass, pass it back then again move to the next open space. This way the play gets transitioned through Mason Mount's movement in to arguably all different positions that are temporary and not permanent.

Reactions: moses

Pickle85

Putting Tom Cleverley and Mata in the same bucket is WILD.

I still have hopes for Mount here...wasn't massively excited by his signing but I do think if played in Brunos position that he could help us keep the ball better and provide a goal threat too. That leaves the issue of where to stick Bruno, as he's class when on song and has been one of our most effective players since signing.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Flop of the season for sure.

brontelicious

The negativity surrounding this young lad is exhausting.

He's been injured all season, lads.

At least give him a chance to be shit.

M16Red

Threads like this are why am beginning to hate huge swarthes of our fan base.....
I remember reading you posts long long ago, when you couldn't sign up with hotmail!

Do you think this place is softer now?

Personally think the mourinho years we're bad. Ole years was pretty toxic as well on here

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I get a regular reminder of how I realise I forget that he's in our squad when I see this thread bump up to the top.

Red Star One

The negativity surrounding this young lad is exhausting.

He's been injured all season, lads.

At least give him a chance to be shit.
I think many fans, me included, would be much more understanding towards the situation if they were treated seriously and informed about what's going on, rather than being blindsided. We've been only told some very vague stuff, something about calf problems, but never really any serious info, no potential return date, no nothing.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Almost 4 months out injured...I wonder what happened

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think many fans, me included, would be much more understanding towards the situation if they were treated seriously and informed about what's going on, rather than being blindsided. We've been only told some very vague stuff, something about calf problems, but never really any serious info, no potential return date, no nothing.

Knowing how our club is wrong, this guy did the medical and forgot to check his legs.

Leethal

And the 30 games before for Chelsea.
Exactly. Useless for the year/year and a half prior to signing for us, too.

Absolute tragedy of a signing. In fact, I’d go out and say worse than Antony - as at least Antony fitted the position and profile of player we needed. Mount ticks no boxes at all. He’s sitting pretty at home earning stupid money, wiping his arse with our number 7 shirt.

daba

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a Pelvic issue that were too embarrassed to share details of publicly as we chose to ignore that during his medical.

daba

Exactly. Useless for the year/year and a half prior to signing for us, too.

Absolute tragedy of a signing. In fact, I’d go out and say worse than Antony - as at least Antony fitted the position and profile of player we needed. Mount ticks no boxes at all. He’s sitting pretty at home earning stupid money, wiping his arse with our number 7 shirt.
Was thinking about this the other day about how he could maybe be worse than the Antony signing.

- Contract was running out
- Took number 7 shirt
- Didn’t particularly need him / fill a hole
- Injury Prone
- Massive wages
- Helped direct rival out massively with their FFP

I could go on…

If Mount doesn’t stay fit next year or have any impact I think it’s at least a stalemate with Antony.

E-mal

The manager identified him as an absolute necessity, just goes to show how this manager's decisions are questionable.
What a fecking waste of everybody's time this has been.