View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
How can you have possibly watched him when he’s spent the last 2 seasons out injured? and when he wasn’t injured at what point did he demonstrate the ability to be a quality player for a side with ambitions to win things? Mount has never shown anything near the levels people are building him up to be since he’s been out injured. He’s going to come back and float around the pitch again being totally ineffective for the entire game.
He's spent almost exactly 1 season being out injured, not two. Up until March 2023, he barely missed a game for Chelsea in the four years that he was there. And in two of those years he was Chelsea's player of the season.

I'm hardly a big fan of his and thought he was a strange signing when we made it, but I don't know why people exaggerate how injured and/or poor he's been.

Leethal

I think what I am saying is very evidently going over your head. Because what you’ve gotten so upset about, is not what I’ve said at all.
I think it’s gone over your head. Our inability to spend and upgrade our squad absolutely means that the money spent on Mount has a bearing.

If you mean current squad, be specific.

Leethal

He's spent almost exactly 1 season being out injured, not two. Up until March 2023, he barely missed a game for Chelsea in the four years that he was there. And in two of those years he was Chelsea's player of the season.

I'm hardly a big fan of his and thought he was a strange signing when we made it, but I don't know why people exaggerate how injured and/or poor he's been.
On the flip, I find it strange that people underplay how injured/poor he’s been.

He’s been shite/injured for the good part of two years, so all the more baffling why we chose to spend so much considering his contract situation.

Prior to his pelvic injury towards the end of his Chelsea time, he was barely starting for Chelsea, he was that awful. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire while at United prior to his injury, also.

Shark

@NotShark
Another disaster of a signing, that doesn't bode well for the managers sense of judgement, along with a Brazilian winger he worked with for years. Almost 150 million flushed down the drain on these two signings alone.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
On the flip, I find it strange that people underplay how injured/poor he’s been.

He’s been shite/injured for the good part of two years, so all the more baffling why we chose to spend so much considering his contract situation.

Prior to his pelvic injury towards the end of his Chelsea time, he was barely starting for Chelsea, he was that awful. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire while at United prior to his injury, also.
You make it sound like he'd barely started for a couple of months or something. He came off the bench three times in his last four games. Before that he'd started almost every game that season.

Mount was largely poor last season, and then got injured at the start of March (almost exactly 12 months ago), with the injuries continuing since joining us. I've got no problem with people criticising him (or the club for signing him) for that. But people are constantly saying that he has always been injury prone (which he wasn't), missed most of last season (which he didn't), and has never been good (which he was for his first three seasons at Chelsea). There's plenty of fair criticism to go around, there's simply no need to make stuff up to make it worse that what it was.

TheReligion

Abusive
Kleberson, Richardson, Bosingwa, Djimi Traore, David May etc

They all won trophies, played in finals but never demonstrated any ability to be 'a quality player' at any point. There is a reality where every player we sign doesn't go on to be important or even worth it, they can just be making up the numbers or a terrible singing. We've got to be the only club with a set of fans that are insistent a player we just signed will be world class under a certain, but very specific, set of parameters that somehow never seem to materialise.

It's nothing but fantasy at this point to suggest that Mount will ever be an effective signing for us, in fact I'd be willing to bet he's shown the door before his contract runs down, and not before he's stripped of the number 7 and it's given to someone actually worthy.
What a stupid take

crossy1686

career ending
What a stupid take
Stupid because you don’t agree with it yet have no comeback to back your claim that Mount will be a ‘quality player’ for us. As I said, some pure copium in here regarding how influential Mount will be for us. For some reason it really, really pains some people to admit a signing won’t work out or it was a massive mistake in the first place.

But I’ll play the game to make you happy. I’m sure Mount will be world class for us, I don’t see how the extremely competent people who signed him would give him the number 7 shirt and £300k a week unless he was quite clearly the second coming. There’s absolutely no way he could possibly flop, we’ve never had an expensive flop before and he surely won’t be the first!

TheReligion

Abusive
Stupid because you don’t agree with it yet have no comeback to back your claim that Mount will be a ‘quality player’ for us. As I said, some pure copium in here regarding how influential Mount will be for us. For some reason it really, really pains some people to admit a signing won’t work out or it was a massive mistake in the first place.

But I’ll play the game to make you happy. I’m sure Mount will be world class for us, I don’t see how the extremely competent people who signed him would give him the number 7 shirt and £300k a week unless he was quite clearly the second coming. There’s absolutely no way he could possibly flop, we’ve never had an expensive flop before and he surely won’t be the first!
I don’t need a comeback as it’s such a bizarre and twisted take.

Absolutely incredible fabrication, hyperbole and storytelling.

Lyng

It's fair to say the transfer hasn't worked out this far. What will or will not happen in the future os pure speculation. Hopefully we get to see the Chelsea version for us.

redcucumber

He's been injured so he's not a flop. Really fecking unfortunate, though. He's the sort player that managers probably appreciate as he's flexible and can run, so whoever we get next (De Zerbi, Nagelsmann) might help him on his way to a second wind.

Mental that he's our number 7, mind.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Kleberson, Richardson, Bosingwa, Djimi Traore, David May etc

They all won trophies, played in finals but never demonstrated any ability to be 'a quality player' at any point.
There is a reality where every player we sign doesn't go on to be important or even worth it, they can just be making up the numbers or a terrible singing. We've got to be the only club with a set of fans that are insistent a player we just signed will be world class under a certain, but very specific, set of parameters that somehow never seem to materialise.

It's nothing but fantasy at this point to suggest that Mount will ever be an effective signing for us, in fact I'd be willing to bet he's shown the door before his contract runs down, and not before he's stripped of the number 7 and it's given to someone actually worthy.
Harsh on Maysie. He was class.

LDUred

ETH said the following in today's presser:

"Mason Mount I think he is in a good spell now and he will return shortly".

As for a return date:

“I think after the international break. For next week, some players are planning to return, hopefully when the process will continue like it is now.”

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
ETH said the following in today's presser:

"Mason Mount I think he is in a good spell now and he will return shortly".

As for a return date:

“I think after the international break. For next week, some players are planning to return, hopefully when the process will continue like it is now.”
Southgate calls him up, plays Mount, Mount gets injured again, United lose, Ten Hag gets sacked, Southgate gets the United job.

They're playing some proper 2D chess here...

United Hobbit

Just seen his middle name is Tony. Think we need to avoid anyone with "Tony" in their name at this point

I can see us getting rid of Martial finally and then being stuck with this crock

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Could be crucial in the last few months of the season. Still don’t understand where he fits in the team though. We’re obviously more solid with Casemiro and Mainoo in the middle.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Good news. Really hope he gets a continuous run and proves afew doubters (myself included) wrong in the final part of the season.

Stadjer

Would be nice to see him play an important role at the end of the season. He is a good player but he wears the 7, cost a lot for a one year contract and comes from Chelsea. He will have to do very well to convince quite a lot of people on this forum. Hopefully he can make quite a few posters look stupid (again) just like Onana is currently doing.

Crimson King

Could be crucial in the last few months of the season. Still don’t understand where he fits in the team though. We’re obviously more solid with Casemiro and Mainoo in the middle.
Might be useful as a player to help just close out games and actually keep possession, even if it's by coming on to play as a winger.

I can't imagine he'll offer any less than Antony has this season.

Long term I'm not sure, but the team will likely look very different at the start of next season.

SER19

This is good news. It's very hard to judge him given how little he played and probably while not 100%.

Hes certainly a talented player and would be involved in most first teams in the league to some extent.

Hope he finds his feet and plays with confidence

RuudTom83

I’ve given up on Antony but I still have a glimmer of hope Mount can turn things around.

Red Royal

Good news. Hope he has an injury free good few months at the end of this season, starting with a good few minutes versus Scousers if he is ready.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’ve liked what I’ve seen of him on the pitch, but he suffers the ETH 3rd midfielder problem of not getting on the ball much.

RuudTom83

Mount hasn't even started his career for us yet, what turning around?
Urgh! sometimes this place is tiresome.

I’m sure you can grasp what my post was about, turn around his…injuries/mental set-backs/form/appearances/career

Take your pick!