2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ollie Derbyshire

We need to give him more minutes, either instead of Bruno or Casemiro. I know these are two completely different roles but he’d do better than Casemiro who is truly stinking out the place and Bruno needs to be benched as he’s been very poor for a while now.

Lyng

He needs to get more minutes. His decision making is so much better than Brunos

NoPace

Winning me over since he's been back. Getting easier to see how we could make Mount-DM-Mainoo work with an athletic back 4 behind them in a couple years and maybe a strong #8 type to compete/rotate with Mainoo and Mount.

RuudTom83

Slowly increase his minutes, it’s obviously been a tough season for the lad. Best way forward is to just keep giving him minutes as a sub. Take all the pressure off him.

Next season will be make or break.

OverratedOpinion

Slowly increase his minutes, it’s obviously been a tough season for the lad. Best way forward is to just keep giving him minutes as a sub. Take all the pressure off him.

Next season will be make or break.
I see no reason to do it slowly. We paid good money for him, our midfield is playing horrendously and he has had a couple decent cameos. He should be given a couple of starts now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s class you fools. You don’t become the homegrown captain of a big club by being mediocre, a bad trainer or a bad influence. Look at all the talent that has gone through Chelsea in his time and he more than held his own.Technically he’s a brilliant player.The amount of experience he brings is brilliant. If he can stay fit he’s going to be an excellent player for us. I understand the manager not throwing him in deep end, no chance of him going to the euros at this point. Just nurse him back into his best form and you’ve got an asset hopefully hitting his physical prime.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I see no reason to do it slowly. We paid good money for him, our midfield is playing horrendously and he has had a couple decent cameos. He should be given a couple of starts now.
What does what we paid have to do with it + rushing back players is part of why we have so many injuries, Shaw, Martinez, Evans are all currently out because they were likely rushed back after injury

OverratedOpinion

What does what we paid have to do with it + rushing back players is part of why we have so many injuries, Shaw, Martinez, Evans are all currently out because they were likely rushed back after injury
I have heard nothing to say he isn't fully fit after being back in training for weeks, being on the bench and having cameos for weeks. Have you?

lex talionis

You can see the crucible of his class but he's not going to be the player we want him to be while Bruno is holding down his position. One of them must go this summer and the one who should go is as clear as day.

Phil

He came back to training about a month ago, surely his fitness isn’t stopping him from starting a game by now.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I have heard nothing to say he isn't fully fit after being back in training for weeks, being on the bench and having cameos for weeks. Have you?
Shaw and Martinez were alledgedly fully fit as well and what happened, his cameos should be longer and build up to a start a couple of games down the line

OverratedOpinion

And he came back and was promptly injured again
No he came back from his foot injury, a west ham player then fell on his knee and injured him. Nothing to do with rushing him back.

Mount has not been rushed back. He has been in full training and having cameos for weeks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No he came back from his foot injury, a west ham player then fell on his knee and injured him. Nothing to do with rushing him back.

Mount has not been rushed back. He has been in full training and having cameos for weeks.
He was rushed in due to whoever's injury vs Brentford which led to him getting another injury though

redNATION

You can see the crucible of his class but he's not going to be the player we want him to be while Bruno is holding down his position. One of them must go this summer and the one who should go is as clear as day.
Shocking signing given we could have used the money elsewhere, one of many reasons why ETH has to go. Blown 400m and the only good things to come out of his reign are Garnacho and Mainoo.

RuudTom83

Any player who has missed a huge portion of the season due to injury (plus potential mental health stuff which has somewhat been hinted at by EtH) should be introduced back into the team slowly.

Also the season is over bar the FA Cup so it’s more about taking pressure of Mount. Give him 30 mins then a half.

I think we might be pushing Mainoo too hard as well but that for another thread.

the_cliff

Based on Casemiros current form I'm quite surprised the manager hasn't tried Mainoo and Mount in a midfield 2, with Mainoo the deepest.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I still don't think he'll start a game until the end of the season. Mainoo is the one saving ETH's job every second week, plus "playing youth" seems to be the strongest argument in Eric's favour in the fanbase.
Bruno is never dropped as well and Casemiro/McTominay presence will be needed in some games as Mainoo-Bruno-Mount midfield is weak.

Next season though I am confident Mount will be one of key players, he might not be uber talented but he's very good tactically and all-round player.

AndersB

I have a feeling Mount may come good for us, and become a player that really plays for the jersey too. He needs to be given chances though. Which pits perfectly with Bruno obviously needing a rest.

Bobski

Best booking of the season.
Borderline red to be honest.

Looks sharp in these cameos, would start him against Coventry for me, with McT out you would hope he would become the first midfield change, see if he can build on some decent signs.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Best booking of the season.
It's shit, but one of the biggest differences between us and Liverpool/City/Arsenal is the systematic tactical fouling. It really does stand out when one of our players makes a smart decision like that, but all those teams are just doing that every 5 minutes 20 yards further up the pitch and not even getting booked for it.

Ideally it'd just be properly punished and removed from the game entirely, but while it isn't, we need to get good at it. We'd probably face half as many shots.

Bobski

Why? I've not seen it again but it didn't look particularly dangerous and/or out of control? Just an intentional slide and trip/foul.
Only seen it once myself but at the time I thought for a professional foul he had gone in with a bit too much force from behind. Could look a lot less dramatic on re-watch.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's shit, but one of the biggest differences between us and Liverpool/City/Arsenal is the systematic tactical fouling. It really does stand out when one of our players makes a smart decision like that, but all those teams are just doing that every 5 minutes 20 yards further up the pitch and not even getting booked for it.

Ideally it'd just be properly punished and removed from the game entirely, but while it isn't, we need to get good at it. We'd probably face half as many shots.
There was one yesterday where, I think MacAllister just blatantly grabbed Bruno and pulled him back as he was going past him about 35/40 yards from goal. Foul and no booking... we didcreate a chance from the free kick at least with Casemiro's knock down across the box.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I still don't think he'll start a game until the end of the season. Mainoo is the one saving ETH's job every second week, plus "playing youth" seems to be the strongest argument in Eric's favour in the fanbase.
Bruno is never dropped as well and Casemiro/McTominay presence will be needed in some games as Mainoo-Bruno-Mount midfield is weak.

Next season though I am confident Mount will be one of key players, he might not be uber talented but he's very good tactically and all-round player.
I think he's really talented but he'll only really show his worth if we move Bruno on IMO. He's not better than prime Bruno, but Bruno is turning 30 and becoming more inconsistent (might be system related), and style wise might just fit better having Mount and Mainoo together with a new DM in, though honestly still not fully convinced as Mount doesn't have the passing range that Bruno does and Mainoo can't make up for that on his own. But it'd be a midfield that can control games on and off the ball more reliably, assuming the right coach is in.

If Bruno is here next season (almost definitely will be), then Mount is at best gonna be a squad player rotating in for mainoo, Bruno or Rashford. And that depends on if he can stay fit. Tough one for him. Could've gone to Liverpool and been a starter while competing for the league, while City, United and Arsenal were basically the only clubs in England that had a player in his position who will start ahead of him whenever fit (and ours is always fit, and is captain).

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I like him.

I'd like to see this for a game or two:

Onana

Back 4 - whoever is fit

Mainoo
Amrabat

Garnacho
Mount
Amad

Hojlund

I think that front 4 is capable of some quick one touch interchange that can open defences up.

buckooo1978

embrace the chaos

a midfield 3 of him, Mainoo and Bruno with Mainoo deep and Mount/Bruno showing some discipline

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
embrace the chaos

a midfield 3 of him, Mainoo and Bruno with Mainoo deep and Mount/Bruno showing some discipline
I was going to make some snide remark about Bruno and discipline - but then actually as soon as you put him anywhere else that is not at 10 he generally becomes very disciplined, especially those rare times when we put him as our deepest midfielder and he suddenly becomes a sensible footballer.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Why? I've not seen it again but it didn't look particularly dangerous and/or out of control? Just an intentional slide and trip/foul.
It was pretty forceful, that slide was probably the fastest Casemiro had moved all match, which is not saying a lot I know,

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was going to make some snide remark about Bruno and discipline - but then actually as soon as you put him anywhere else that is not at 10 he generally becomes very disciplined, especially those rare times when we put him as our deepest midfielder and he suddenly becomes a sensible footballer.
I hope you're right, given that we're one injury away from having him at centre half again. :(

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He has a sharp, opportunistic mind. Easily one of the quickest thinkers at the club. Don’t know if cynicism was part of the curriculum at Chelsea, but he understands to break up play and destroy passing lanes almost as soon as they unfold - multiples of what he does and you have one of those incredibly frustrating swarms that you can’t shake off and find very hard to play through. He also knows to tactical foul, which we’re miles behind as a club.

It’s still weird to me that Fred was sold and Mount essentially took his role - they’re the type you pair, and suddenly, you have the base of a pressing unit that you cannot shake off. It’s weird because nobody else we have thinks in this manner or simply knows what to do in an unfolding scenario in real time; you can see exactly what he’d bring to the clubs who wanted him - a really smooth cog in the machine who is seamless at what he does. Of course, for us, it’s a rather underwhelming signing in isolation for precisely the same reason he’d be such an asset for others - he’s a cog; put him with other cogs, and the machine will run smoothly and efficiently. Outside of that, he can’t be optimised because he isn’t extraordinarily talented over proficient and useful on the ball. A misfit, or a halfway house between future and past; do you get him in to begin the revolution or do you add him after the primary parts to slot in and seamlessly do his thing? Integrating him without a set plan of action is not easy because as a player in a set position, he doesn’t have peaks, just a straight, perfunctory line, but where he comes into his own is the work off the ball: positioning, pressing, tracking, reading of play, blocking passing lanes, positional discipline and concentration so…. lose some offensive prowess in lieu of a much more rounded player or play the more individually brilliant who don’t have his off the ball usefulness? Seems you lose something either way, or better to say: a sacrifice of sorts needs to be made.

BorisManUtd

Our next 5 games: Bournemouth, Coventry, Sheff. United, Burnley, Palace. He should be starting most of those, either in midfield or in Rashford's position at least.

OverratedOpinion

Think that was his first time on the bench right? Was in training yes, but he got subbed on before we planned due to injuries and he clearly didn't look ready.
I don't think he had even been on the bench. Mount is clearly in a much better spot and I'd be surprised if he isn't ready to start matches. At most if you wanted to be overly cautious you would maybe take him off after 75 mins.