Mattéo Guendouzi

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to praise Emery for giving him the platform. Has had a number of meh to poor games but keeps getting played.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Did he look good in France last season? Hadn't heard of him before he signed for Arsenal but you'd have thought Monaco would've been all over that signing.

Him and Torreria is Arsenal's midfield for next 5 years.

Bojan11

Him and Torreria is Arsenal's midfield for next 5 years.
I hate when people make predictions like this because this time next year they could be asking for them to be dropped or they not been as good as they were in the first season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's a very exciting talent. I love that he plays with balls and experience beyond his years, he certainly hasn't been overawed by the transition.

That hair pulling by Fellaini was absolute dog act. Can't believe someone who would surely have experienced that himself would do it to someone else.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I hate when people make predictions like this because this time next year they could be asking for them to be dropped or they not been as good as they were in the first season.
Everyone makes predictions like this. I think best case scenario is that these two form the base of our midfield unit moving forward, with Xhaka and AMN.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I like him. Think he plays very mature for his age, and obviously still has a lot to go on. Think he might reach top level

Beagle

You have to praise Emery for giving him the platform. Has had a number of meh to poor games but keeps getting played.
Does it mean we have to praise Jose too for keeping faith with Matic and Lukaku? :angel:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His shielding of the ball is still too risky at the moment - his lack of strength allows people to nick the ball of his far too often - against a top side he would have given away too many counter attacking opportunities last night.

His through ball passing needs to improve in terms of execution though his vision is there.

His ball carrying was probably his best attribute last night but even then has the tendency to overrun it.

Like the lad but it was a raw performance with lots of poor moments mixed with lots of exciting moments - a good united side should have exploited his inexperience last night, not let him run the show.

sev1

Supports
Arsenal
Guendouzi is raw but he’s got talent. I would love to see him get on that Iwobi fitness plan. (He got huge in the off season!) He’s still got a boys physique and as he matures he’ll become stronger.

Also he needs to improve his feel for pressure which should come w experience. I thought he was all hype in the beginning but he has been player that Emery has relied on this year and you have to admit that’s impressive.

Trizy

Very raw but it's to be expected for his age. He was literally everywhere! Always wanted the ball and moved it well.

Excited prospect, terrible name.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He only played last night because Xhaka was injured. He had been dropped because of some “meh to poor games”. I suspect he’ll be dropped again as soon as Xhaka is available. He wasn’t great last night. Some very sloppy/careless moments.

gza the genius

Everyone makes predictions like this. I think best case scenario is that these two form the base of our midfield unit moving forward, with Xhaka and AMN.
I am probably giving Fellaini too much credit (there's a first time for everything) but I honestly don't think he did it maliciously. I think he was grabbing for his jersey like he was leading up to the hair pull and he just grabbed whatever he could get ahold of.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Started dominating the midfield once Lingard went off, and Pogba came in..

youngrell

I am probably giving Fellaini too much credit (there's a first time for everything) but I honestly don't think he did it maliciously. I think he was grabbing for his jersey like he was leading up to the hair pull and he just grabbed whatever he could get ahold of.
Agree. I'm leaning towards giving Fellaini the benefit of doubt due to him probably being on the receiving end himself at some point. He instantly apologised, too.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agree. I'm leaning towards giving Fellaini the benefit of doubt due to him probably being on the receiving end himself at some point. He instantly apologised, too.
Fellaini realised that he wanted long locks again and tried to take some

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He instantly apologised, too.
Take a closer look.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Started dominating the midfield once Lingard went off, and Pogba came in..
He started dominating from the the last ten minutes of the first half until the end of the game.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Can't believe he's only 19, plenty of potential, credit goes to his coach for playing him in most of Arsenal's games despite having quite a poor start. Kept constantly growing and had a really good game against us yesterday, plenty of energy going forward and backward, lucky Arsenal.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I see a bit of Pogba about him truth be told. Also has the same issue of dwelling too much on the ball.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I like his high energy style of play & think he has good basic skills. He will need a fair bit of coaching to be a Premier league top player but the potential is there.

ElvisMozart

Supports
Arsenal
He only played last night because Xhaka was injured. He had been dropped because of some “meh to poor games”. I suspect he’ll be dropped again as soon as Xhaka is available. He wasn’t great last night. Some very sloppy/careless moments.
Xhaka wasn't injured. He was suspended because he got his 5th yellow card against the Spurs

izec

What a game today. He is coming good, the talent was obvious from the start. Great buy by Arsenal

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Fantastic performance really. Great engine and was popping up everywhere. He is maturing already at 20. MOTM today.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is class. I can't think of too many better midfielders than him of the same age. Somewhere at the top of the talent-pool, certainly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Really that good? He seems to have pretty good control and a lot of drive. But is his passing pretty llimited?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Really that good? He seems to have pretty good control and a lot of drive. But is his passing pretty llimited?
I mean he is tremendously mature in his style for such a young player, so maybe it is just that. Doesn't mean he will grow really, could just be an early bloomer. But at this moment, he has to stand out from most 20 year olds, playing almost every game in the PL for Arsenal is impressive.

amolbhatia50k

I mean he is tremendously mature in his style for such a young player, so maybe it is just that. Doesn't mean he will grow really, could just be an early bloomer. But at this moment, he has to stand out from most 20 year olds, playing almost every game in the PL for Arsenal is impressive.
I think Arsenal also deserve credit for persisting with him. He was extremely rash and raw when he first joined but they stuck with him. More big clubs should do that with the talented youngsters.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's a clumsier and more careless passer than most players of his kind, but he's got an expansive passing range and trys to drive the team forward with every pass. I thought he looked like a headless chicken when he started but he is beginning to look good enough for a title contender. Fair play to Emery for showing the faith.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think Arsenal also deserve credit for persisting with him. He was extremely rash and raw when he first joined but they stuck with him. More big clubs should do that with the talented youngsters.
Yes, they do. I didn't watch the first few games probably either. Has looked a player since I first noticed him. A couple of bad games aside.

amolbhatia50k

He's a clumsier and more careless passer than most players of his kind, but he's got an expansive passing range and trys to drive the team forward with every pass. I thought he looked like a headless chicken when he started but he is beginning to look good enough for a title contender. Fair play to Emery for showing the faith.
Yep. He looked talented but frantic/erratic when he joined. Seems to be coming together well now. Like I said, not sure about one of the absolute best in his age group. I suppose id have to pay closer attention.

sev1

Supports
Arsenal
He delivered the pass to Auba for the equalizer after dribbling pass defenders. That was very advanced vision and passing.

He’s not perfect yet but it’s those flashes that provide a hint of his ceiling.

amolbhatia50k

He delivered the pass to Auba for the equalizer after dribbling pass defenders. That was very advanced vision and passing.

He’s not perfect yet but it’s those flashes that provide a hint of his ceiling.
Impressive. We lack that one young big midfield talent in our squad.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Has a mistake in him but is always positive with his passing and dribbling. Always receives the ball and looks up to see his options while bringing the ball forward. He can grow into a really good midfielder imo

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m just astonished he managed to play such a creative pass while also running around a lot, making tackles and intercepting the football. From reading other threads on here you’d almost start to think those different aspects of midfield play are mutually exclusive...

redIndianDevil

He's got skill too and balls, there were a lot of times yesterday where he wasn't afraid of taking on couple of Spurs players in the middle of the pitch. He has got the confidence to attempt a difficult but good pass, all our players should learn from this kid.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He plays with courage and that's a big big plus. No constant back passing at the slighest bit of pressure, it has its risk of course but he seems already much more mature than a moron like Xhaka

Kostov

He is a great talent, and it was obvious since he first came to Arsenal. Fair fecks to Emery for giving him a chance, Ole should do the same with Garner.