Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He looked absolutely class when he first joined. A few months of LVG's training sessions and his form turned to shite.
This. The same goes for a few other players. Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin were mostly solid up until November. Memphis looked bright and confident for the first few months. Even Martial and Smalling are looking poor in recent weeks and months. I don't think it's a coincidence that such a number of good players have turned to shit all at the same time.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This. The same goes for a few other players. Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin were mostly solid up until November. Memphis looked bright and confident for the first few months. Even Martial and Smalling are looking poor in recent weeks and months. I don't think it's a coincidence that such a number of good players have turned to shit all at the same time.
One or two maybe, but half a fecking team? Why can't the board see that Van Gaal is the issue?

Schneiderlin is a really good example actually. He was brilliant for Southampton, to the point where everyone was saying that he was the final part of the jigsaw to turn Arsenal into world beaters. Yet under LVG (surprise surprise) he's been very underwhelming.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
First half dozen games looked a solid signing since then has been one of the worst players I remember playing for United.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
One or two maybe, but half a fecking team? Why can't the board see that Van Gaal is the issue?

Schneiderlin is a really good example actually. He was brilliant for Southampton, to the point where everyone was saying that he was the final part of the jigsaw to turn Arsenal into world beaters. Yet under LVG (surprise surprise) he's been very underwhelming.
I think Schneiderlin started very well for us too. He wasn't a stand-out player, but he did a steady job winning the ball back and playing the simple pass. Then December hit and everything went to pot.

I just don't think many of the players are playing in a system which plays to their strengths.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think Schneiderlin started very well for us too. He wasn't a stand-out player, but he did a steady job winning the ball back and playing the simple pass. Then December hit and everything went to pot.

I just don't think many of the players are playing in a system which plays to their strengths.
Couldn't agree more mate.

dichinero

I think he like most foreign players need adjusting to the PL. The Serie A is a big step to the PL in terms of pace and intensity!

stevoc

A lot of the poor form of players in recent months is probably more to do with players not getting rotated and rested, due to us having such a small squad to begin with and then the ridiculous injury list we have been dealing with.

This is of course still down to Van Gaal for deciding to go into the season with such a thin squad.

NinjaFletch

Well seeing as he's gone in the summer I'd say they can.

stevoc

He looked absolutely class when he first joined. A few months of LVG's training sessions and his form turned to shite.
He did look much better for the first few games, his stamina has been shit from day one though. And it doesn't look like he's been working on it.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
To be fair. There's nothing to prove it was Van Gaal's doing.
It could just be that Darmian's not actually very good. And the initial 3/4 good games might have just been a case of 'well, every player in the Premier League will play well at least 3 or four times. Even if they're average.'

I also feel there was some overrating going on when he first played. Perhaps as a response to the joy people felt of not having Rafael/Valencia playing.

izec

Well seeing as he's gone in the summer I'd say they can.
Thats not certain though? Just because Di Marzio keeps on spouting the same Mourinho stuff....he is the only reliable source on that one? Another season of van Gaal and i will take a year out from football after the Euros.

NinjaFletch

Thats not certain though? Just because Di Marzio keeps on spouting the same Mourinho stuff....he is the only reliable source on that one? Another season of van Gaal and i will take a year out from football after the Euros.
Of course its certain.

I can understand the anxiousness whilst its not official, but absolutely no one thinks this season has been acceptable. The board might go about things in ways we do not like, but they're no where near as stubbornly blind to whats going on as people would have you think.

stevoc

If we don't qualify for the CL which is now looking very likely then he will 100% be sacked in the summer.

stevoc

To be fair. There's nothing to prove it was Van Gaal's doing.
It could just be that Darmian's not actually very good. And the initial 3/4 good games might have just been a case of 'well, every player in the Premier League will play well at least 3 or four times. Even if they're average.'

I also feel there was some overrating going on when he first played. Perhaps as a response to the joy people felt of not having Rafael/Valencia playing.
If anyone took joy out of Rafael not playing for us anymore then they fecking deserve a player like Darmian.

NinjaFletch

Fingers crossed as he's the current target of my hate campaign. We're carrying far too many shite players and he's the shittest of the lot.
I was talking about LVG, not Darmian. Virtually no chance we sell him this summer imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It worries me that absolutely everything he does looks like it requires his maximum concentration/effort.... even basic things like passing or heading the ball... it looks like he's having a massive internal dialogue with himself over every little thing.

Oh it also worries me that he's a bit crap too.

Obiorahking_

Horrible offensive display...sigh.
Considering the fact that Sterling is now out of the game and Juan Mata is putting on a great team display defensively, it may be best to get Varela in there.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That's a lot of negative feedback for a single bad cross. He's been bang on in defense and looks very sharp.

Obiorahking_

Had some nicer moments. Made a good run to put in a good cross for Rashford.
Also did a great job of tracking David Silva's movement to stop him from scoring.

Lets see if he can build off this confidence.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@Snow
Yep, he's made a lot of important interventions at the back. Surprised at the criticism. Can definitely work on his (almost non existent) offensive output.

Should or could have had an assist as well.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
I like him and don't oppose the idea of him having a second season. He has a lot to prove though, and he really doesn't have the pace and attacking ability to be a modern full back.

No reason why he still can't be a Wes Brown type solid fullback with a more attacking player on the other flank (Evra / Shaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.