Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

Was going through all the leagues full backs (including villa) and I genuinely think Darmian and Rojo as a pair might be the worse full backs in the league.
With fullbacks they're either good defensively or crap going forward, vice versa . Rojo and Darmian manage to be shit at both. There are other terrible full backs like Hutton and Bardsley but at least they have the decency to mask their lack of ability by kicking the shit out of people and letting them know they're around .

Both Lvg signings also, and bare in mind he let go of evra and rafael.
Which links into my other theory that Lvg is the worse manager in the league .

stevoc

I agree with the clueless bit, but where do you get the idea that he doesn't want to be here?
Well i don't know about him not wanting to be at United but he certainly doesn't look like he's enjoying his time in England so far which is understandable.

I think some people might think he doesn't work that hard during games to get up and down the pitch. But i think that's more down to him having terrible stamina. Honestly i don't think i've seen many career fullbacks with such a poor engine.

I wasn't worried early in the season when he had to be subbed a lot of the time towards the end of games, but 8 months on it doesn't seem to have improved much. After 60 minutes he always looks gassed.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I've been his biggest critic but what a strike! Set up the first goal too...

Seems to have had his better games at left back in recent months

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Poor positioning from the keeper, unstoppable strike though. Hopefully this helps him really push on, I'm sure he will.

kundalini

Well I didn't see that coming. Brilliant shot. Even his cross for the assist was better than usual. Zaha did get the better of him a few times.

Raw

What a goal that was, shame the Man Utd goal of the season nominations have already been set because that would have been a close winner.

So with that goal, does that mean all of our summer signings (excluding Romero) have scored for us?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good game. Hopefully he continues in this vein and pushes on for next season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So even Darmian is better than Rojo these days...

Gave keeper zero chances. Overall dynamic performance without bigger mistakes.

macheda14

Great goal not to take away from it but his technique looks like he's just wildly swinging a leg at it, his intent was there therefore was such a sweet goal but just looked quite awkward.

Side note that is the biggest issue with watching it live is you can only think for a second what a great goal, but then really wish for a replay

LouisDanGaal

Great goal not to take away from it but his technique looks like he's just wildly swinging a leg at it, his intent was there therefore was such a sweet goal but just looked quite awkward.

Side note that is the biggest issue with watching it live is you can only think for a second what a great goal, but then really wish for a replay
The technique is sensational, the ball is on the bounce slightly out of reach so he has to lunge at it and leave the ground with both feet, it was like an RVP goal.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
We signed the guy to be our starting right back, yet he's much better on the left :lol: Great goal though :) Hopefully it'll give him some much needed confidence.

stevoc

Cracking goal and good work for the first. He attacked more in this game than he probably has all season.

Didn't have much to do defensively but he was ok there as well. Probably his best game for us so far.

Norris

Great to see him get a goal. He couldn't stop smiling after the final whistle. This guy drives on confidence. More and more good performances will make him a really really good player for the future.

I was also surprised how good his first touch was. More often than not, his first touch was class. That first time layoff from a diagonal pass was incredible even for a forward, let alone a defender.

Classical Mechanic

It was quite fitting for him that after a few posters were calling for Varela to replace him in the team after GV scored that goal last night, that Darmian scored a similar but better one the day after.

His best performance for us. I won't mention his triangles tonight.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Best performance in a long while for us, he needs to build on this.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No one really stood out today, Darmian had a hand in both goals so it's only natural that he gets it.
Fair enough i thought smalling was probably better throught the 90 mins and possibly Rooney as well but yeh certainly a better game from Darmian today.

Raw

Fair enough i thought smalling was probably better throught the 90 mins and possibly Rooney as well but yeh certainly a better game from Darmian today.
And it was a damn good goal to score for your first Man Utd goal!

Now if only he shaved off that fluff he calls a beard.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
And it was a damn good goal to score for your first Man Utd goal!

Now if only he shaved off that fluff he calls a beard.
Haha, yeh a truly brilliant goal but agree on those burns, no no no...

Sylar

I actually thought he was having a poor first half, assist aside :lol:

Great goal though. Needs a shave though.

macheda14

The technique is sensational, the ball is on the bounce slightly out of reach so he has to lunge at it and leave the ground with both feet, it was like an RVP goal.
Yeah was an incredibly hard ball to hit but that technique always looks quite awkward because your hitting a ball just out of reach so the leg is overextending, like he's just taking a big swing

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Happy for him, think there is a quality player in there

LouisDanGaal

Yeah was an incredibly hard ball to hit but that technique always looks quite awkward because your hitting a ball just out of reach so the leg is overextending, like he's just taking a big swing
Yeah that's the thing with it, definitely looks a touch awkward the way he goes for it but really really hard to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.