Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcullivanio

He looked like the real deal in his first few games. The game that really turned him was when we played Arsenal in October. He looked like a real chump whenever Sanchez ran into his channel. He had a shocker and since then he's just not been right. I hope he can turn it around and we can put this season down as him adjusting to the PL from Serie A (although I don't really think that is an excuse)

stevoc

The injuries and playing out of position can't have helped, but bar a few decent games he's been awful.

And yes we have to hope he gets better and settles next year maybe if given time.

But judging him on this season alone he doesn't seem to understand how to defend or attack, which is a bad combination for any footballer let alone a fullback. I hope we stick with Valera for the rest of this season at RB. At least he shows a bit of bravery to get forward and support his winger.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
His transformation from someone who looked a competent defender to someone who barely resembles a footballer has been baffling. Not too sure about him anymore.

Last edited:

m1y2

he read that one situation well when watford was about to counter, I was cheering big time but apart that he showed how hesitant he is his first touch almost got him into the same trouble as before the injury. Comfy with Varela but would like to see us going for rightback in the summer

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
His positioning as a LB is pretty awful. Gets sucked into the center so easily.

Second choice RB behind Varela right now. Valencia can feck off.

Welbeckham

I'm not at all convinced about him. He isn't really good neither offensively nor defensively, and even with all the injuries I still wouldn't pick him.

Varun

Staff
He's gotten worse since he's been here. Very weird. Had such a bright start.

Norris

He's just come back from a Shoulder Dislocation lads and he's played as an LB. He started the season brightly, then dipped in form and then slowly picked his form up again before those crunching challenges to the ribs and shoulder. I still like him. Positionally, he is as good as they get, excellent on 1 v 1s too. When he came back from that dip in form,his offence improved as well. With regards to the Varela vs Darmian battle, Varela probably has to take it on current form (Boy has that kid impressed me this season!).

dsch

He hasn't played LB often for us, but I don't remember a good performance there from him. Wasn't there that one game where he kept getting sucked very very narrow?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He hasn't a clue offensively.

When overlapping, he jogs. Varela/Valencia bursts a gut to beyond the winger and occupy their winger/fullback. Opposition teams know they needn't worry about Darmian overlapping.

Santos J

Aye just lacks the ability going forward and with how shite we seem to be at that end of the pitch for the most part we could really be doing with our fullbacks as another outlet. Hope Varela starts our next game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'm going to punch the next guy who says he's one of the best FB's in Europe

Renegade81

He really is terrible this lad, how he got back into the squad begs a thousand questions. I really dont know what he has to offer us for me one our worse signings by a long way.

Obiorahking_

If by very good you mean "sometimes he's okay", then I'll agree.
He has had a sound game defensively. Name one player today who has beaten him 1 v 1 or got passed him?

Besides he is also just returning from injury. Whatever, you guys probably just want to see TFM or someone from U21s just because they are younger and upcoming. Then when they start playing badly you can destroy their confidence and claim he was never ready in the first place and have him sold.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He just doesnt seem convincing with anything he does. Not quick, not strong, not that good on the ball... hes alright defensively but just so average in too many aspects. Hopefully he improves next season, but there's not really any stand out qualities

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He has had a sound game defensively. Name one player today who has beaten him 1 v 1 or got passed him?

Besides he is also just returning from injury. Whatever, you guys probably just want to see TFM or someone from U21s just because they are younger and upcoming.
No, I want to see Varela because he's a better footballer.

His 1 vs 1 defending is fine, his positioning can be a bit suspect at times though.

Obiorahking_

No, I want to see Varela because he's a better footballer.

His 1 vs 1 defending is fine, his positioning can be a bit suspect at times though.
Varela is nicer attacking wise but he is rash defensively and can lose his man. If he is not playing with Lingard he is completely exposed.

Robbie Boy

I'm going to punch the next guy who says he's one of the best FB's in Europe
The amount of people on here during the summer that claimed to be an expert on him said he's a class act. Apart from the first month of the season, he's been pretty terrible.

El Zoido

Seems a bit unfair to single him out after today. Everyone has been crap.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Varela back in for him. He offers nothing going forward.

Manny

Grammar Police
Dreadful again.

Laughable that there are some who rate him above Verela and Valencia.

Status
Not open for further replies.