Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

One of those performances that you know it's almost inevitable he will get subbed at half time. In fact, hasn't it happened to Darmian specifically before?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
And people don't think we need at least a new right back. No way the new manager should rely on him.

Manny

Grammar Police
He didn't fancy it at all today.

I don't think that injury looked as bad as he made out and he just wanted to get off the pitch, imo.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As soon as he went down he knew had a ticket out of the game. Utter shite today.
Yep my mate phoned to say the same! Would like to hope not but he's been shocking on occasions after a bright start. Looking not good enough on what we have seen! Can't believe he is actually a worse crosser than Valencia (who looks the better player)

Classical Mechanic

Yep my mate phoned to say the same! Would like to hope not but he's been shocking on occasions after a bright start. Looking not good enough on what we have seen! Can't believe he is actually a worse crosser than Valencia (who looks the better player)
I don't think he can handle pressing at Premier League pace. I think he is so bad under pressure that he opposition teams will start to target him.

Lawman

I don't think he can handle pressing at Premier League pace. I think he is so bad under pressure that he opposition teams will start to target him.
Will need to shape up or ship out as his bottom level is to low! When he's good he's good and when he's poor he's abysmal and that's worrying.

izec

Some posters really assumed he wanted to get off and faked an injury? Wow, some of you are as clueless as our manager. He was shit, but be careful what you spread on the Internet.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Wasn't even given as a foul. He got clattered by Khazri who got nothing of the ball.

Just like the one a few weeks ago wasn't given as a foul when Shane Long twatted in to him and he went off injured.

But well done to the men in charge for not buying a full back in January. How many players have we played in the full back positions this season? It must be into double figures. Shaw, Darmian, Valencia, Young, McNair, Rojo, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson, Jones, Varela, Love... Mental.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Standard pathetic performance. It miight be a confidence thing but even if it is, man up for feck sake.

I don't see the issue with him being injured since literally everyone who's had to fill in for him has looked better there, and shown more balls...even McNair.

He shouldn't be near the first team despite the fact he's the only right back in our squad. That tells you all you need to know about him really.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's at times been solid defensively, but his quality on the ball is alarming bad. There was so much praise for him before we signed him, and talk about how he had also played at wing back, but funnily enough, he attacks like a centre back.

Lawman

He's at times been solid defensively, but his quality on the ball is alarming bad. There was so much praise for him before we signed him, and talk about how he had also played at wing back, but funnily enough, he attacks like a centre back.
and defends like a winger lol

Moriarty

Who you gonna call to turn an Italian international fullback into an injury-prone wing back who can't cross for toffee? Philosophy Man.

Silverman

Trevor Sinclar just said Darmian is a massive loss for United cos he has done the business when he had played. The BBC's pundits really are quite poor.

Acole9

Outstanding
He looked like he was getting back to his best up until today. I think he would've been taken off anyway despite the injury.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I love this side of our fanbase which get so venomous over a player's poor performance that they imply he's faking it, or he's at fault for getting injured. Back against PSV were some of you shouting "Luke Shaw is a fecking cnut for letting his leg get broken and ruining our season"?

clarkydaz

cant decide if I rate him, started great but looks very apprehensive half the time. maybe its the management, style of play

Tosicsleftpeg

He had been improving but had the made of mares on sat. Fair one I called it wrong and thought he wanted a ticket out of the game when he didn't but can you blame me for thinking that? Its hardly an unknown phenomenon as we saw with Di Maria last season when he clearly couldn't be arsed at the end of the season just going off for anything and Hazard this season.

He had been improving but was awful the other day, despite that hes a big loss as we have hardly anyone left at fullback.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'm really interested in tracking his progress. He clearly has struggled to come terms with the intensity but that's understandable considering he comes from Serie A. Whether he's got it in him to adapt and come to terms will determine his success here.

Smores

Poor first season but i think you have to hope he acclimatises next year.

Still miles better than Valencia there l, just wish we had a fit Rafael as that lad was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.