Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddock

I thought he was quite good defensively. First season in England, Italian players peak later etc. I think he'll turn it around sooner or later. Anyone who starts for Italy as a defender must be good.

Ryan7

Is it me dreaming or, I'm sure in pre season he actually attacked?

Manny

Grammar Police
Neither knows how to defend, so he definitely does deserve to start ahead of them.
Both Verela and Valencia offer more overall and can get the job done defensively, where as I don't think Darmian's defensive game would hold up if he were to push forward more.

At the moment, Darmian offers nothing going forward. Not even a presence.
Anything he did that was half decent was over hyped to push the idea that he was better then Valencia. That's how I remember it anyway.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I remember him looking immense in pre-season in general, thought he looked like a brilliant addition. Can be deceiving, I guess.

khoazany

Really isn't a LB so I hope we opt for whatever young option we have on the bench next time instead of him if we want to shift things around.

At RB today he was solid defensively.Still personally would play another RB with better offensive quality in most of the matches.Having two fullbacks who are both useless going forward really limited our offensive play.

Pre-season games are easy. He looks like he's still coming up to the pace of the league. When you're not confident you tend to focus on sitting back on not making mistakes rather than attacking. I think he'll be a different player next season.

At least the fans have gotten over the idea Varela should be starting every week now.

Dante

Average bang
He started the season in fine form and with a fantastic hairdo. Both seem to have abandoned him recently.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
At LB he was terrible, awful attempts at tackling Navas, out of the three left backs today only TFM could put a lid on Navas.
Only the fresh player coming on versus the guy who had been playing for 85 minutes.

Navas is always going to get past a player some times when he gets so many 1v1's. Rarely anything comes off it. Better to play it tight and close down the space for Aguero, Silva and Yaya and allow Navas to get some more of it.

mancan92

How can anyone say he was good? Anytime he had a winger to defend against he got ripped. Sterling had him until he got injured and navas also. Terrible 1 on 1.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He doesn't seem to have the instincts of an attacking full back - there was one instance yesterday where Martial / Rashford (can't recall which) was waiting for him to get forward to receive the ball to cross it in and he just stood there. Valencia or Shaw would have been bombing forward at that point and we would have created a chance

Man Utd 1:0 Everton

Devil may care

He was better as LB in the second half with Martial in front of him, I don't think he has enough attacking drive to play with someone like Mata ahead of him on the flank, you need to be able to do more yourself in that situation.

dichinero

I would not expect him to be an attacking threat but he does a good job when called upon defensively at RB or LB.

Raw

He was better as LB in the second half with Martial in front of him, I don't think he has enough attacking drive to play with someone like Mata ahead of him on the flank, you need to be able to do more yourself in that situation.
Agreed with that. Defensively he did well.

Stringer

I don't think he's particularly good at attacking however having Mata in front of him does him no favours. Mata provides no threat out wide and the opposition knows that so it's very difficult for Darmian to overlap as their attention hasn't been diverted. I'd say that the reason Valencia does a far better job is that as a former winger he is used to having to go past and attack players on his own. Going forward, the two of them should not play together on the same side.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Normally I moan about the usual full back changes, but it was a good change. If Everton weren't longballing it, they were going down our left. Rojo was getting roasted every time. Darmian is flawed, but his best strength is his one-on-ones, IMO. He wins more than he loses, and Deulofeu wasn't getting much joy after that.

stevoc

He was ok defensively and as usual a non entity going forward.

At this stage i think its safe to say this isn't poor form, this is just how he plays. Don't mind him staying as an option but would really love it if we either sign a proper RB who can offer something going forward or at the very least try to develop Varela next year.

JoaquinJoaquin

The struggle beard / side burn thing was horrendous, but his performance was quite good today. A performance similar to the start of the season when he looked solid.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He just doesn't inspire anything in me at all... and his sheer reluctance to attack at times is incredibly frustrating.

I think the nicest thing I can say about him is that he's better then Marcos Rojo.

Footyislife

Well i'd say Blind was more of an idiot there for ball watching. Still terrible defending by both players.

Sigma

Two of the goals came from his side, and the other goal came from the free kick he conceded...

stevoc

Honestly one of the worst players i've ever seen play for United shocking.

Complete and utter useless tosser with shit facial hair a 15 year old would be embarrassed by.

Has to be the first out the door in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.