Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
A voice actor and a patron of a Dutch pizzeria have confirmed the deal as done - I don't know what the BBC are waiting for.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ajax fan here (and probably first and last post here) and with direct sources to Mino's family pizzeria in Haarlem, The Netherlands

Your deal is done, congrats. 80m euro's + bonus. What really caused de Ligt camp to be "upset" is that Frenkie is being paid 16m euro's by Barca (50% of which Nike is paying) and that de Ligt was getting WAY less then Frenkie (as Nike wasn't paying de Ligt).

Overmars is btw working on getting Chong & TFM but thats besides the point.

Good luck.

best,
S.
The whole world knows this it seems.. so why aren’t Dutch papers reporting it?
Though, the stuff about De Jong’s contract makes sense I suppose.

Anyway, I choose to believe you.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I can't believe until he's stood their in our throwback CL kit.

Signing De Ligt though is more than signing the player, it's making a statement.
Hoovering up some of the biggest talents in football is really a step forward. If we beat the likes of Barca, sure it's about money, but it's also a sign of assurance to other players.
We may have lost De Gea, but also, it's a clear signal of our intentions going forward.
We've been linked with the right names so far this summer, young, proven and hungry players.

Hypothetical squad next season:
De Gea
Wan Bissaka - De Ligt - Lindelof - Shaw
Ndidi
Bruno - Pogba
James - Rashford - Martial
Average age of the outfield is just over 22. Sure the side isn't perfect, and we'd love to throw a Jovic or Sancho in there, but we can't do it all in one season

dove

A voice actor and a patron of a Dutch pizzeria have confirmed the deal as done - I don't know what the BBC are waiting for.
Well, the next obvious step would be a Dailymail article "De Ligt's close friends confirm he is joining Manchester United".

Godfather

Signing De Ligt though is more than signing the player, it's making a statement.
Hoovering up some of the biggest talents in football is really a step forward. If we beat the likes of Barca, sure it's about money, but it's also a sign of assurance to other players.
We may have lost De Gea, but also, it's a clear signal of our intentions going forward.
We've been linked with the right names so far this summer, young, proven and hungry players.

De Gea
Ndidi
Bruno - Pogba
Average age of the outfield is just over 22. Sure the side isn't perfect, and we'd love to throw a Jovic or Sancho in there, but we can't do it all in one season
Great frontline. Will give us 20-30 goals a season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

De Gea
Ndidi
Bruno - Pogba
That most certainly wont be the forward line. James isnt seen as a starting 11 player.

We have been linked with Pepe and also Dembele

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Normally I would agree with you - but in the position we have managed to get ourselves into, we need a couple of really big signings if we hope to persuade DDG and Pogba to stay. Not to mention get a few others in.
Fair enough and I have no issues with the transfer fee itself, it’s a long term investment but De Ligt is not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination. If you bring him in on 350k a week aged 19, what does that mean Pogba and De Gea will be asking for in their prime...500k, 600k a week? And what about any other new players you go for? You already have the highest wage bill in the league and nothing to show for it.

It’s a dangerous game, but obviously I also understand your excitement as supporters:drool:

SirAF

Ageist

I mean if we manage to pull it off it’d be my inner muppet’s dream come true. Would be most amazing signing since RvP. Pogba was brilliant but this would top it. The kid is just special.
Suck! Suck! Suck!

OneUnited24

The whole world knows this it seems.. so why aren’t Dutch papers reporting it?
Though, the stuff about De Jong’s contract makes sense I suppose.

Anyway, I choose to believe you.
Hahaha seems odd doesn’t it ?!

Every man and his dog has confirmed it except reporters.... lazy buggers

crossy1686

career ending
Fair enough and I have no issues with the transfer fee itself, it’s a long term investment but De Ligt is not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination. If you bring him in on 350k a week aged 19, what does that mean Pogba and De Gea will be asking for in their prime...500k, 600k a week? And what about any other new players you go for? You already have the highest wage bill in the league and nothing to show for it.

It’s a dangerous game, but obviously I also understand your excitement as supporters:drool:
They're in their prime. They can ask for more when they start delivering or they can leave right now and take a pay cut, their choice.

United are making a market for themselves. We pay more than anyone else. If you want pay parity, stop throwing the ball in the back of your own net and start tracking back. If you won't do those things and can't get parity then leave, take a pay cut and go to Madrid for £100k less a week. No skin off our nose.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Im not trying to give you guys a hope that kills you.

However, if the only clubs that right now still in race of signing him is between us & Barcelona (no more City, Liverpool & Juventus), then I think we are signing De Ligt. It’s simple, money (not saying money is the only factor, doubt he will choose Burnley over Barcelona & us if Burnley offer twice better contract offer)

He’s not Barcelona fans, he’s not Messi fans. He’s just a young very talented centre back. Unlike his best friend De Jong, he has no dream to play for Barcelona. If United offered him much much better contract, better role (let’s say vice captain or key player) & money than Barcelona then he will choose us. We are not just a club who can only offer him money, we are a club who has high ambition to be success with rich reputation.

Why would a centre back be an idol of Messi? I thought he would have choose Juventus over Barcelona since he did say he’s a fans of Chiellini. But now that it comes to this, Barcelona still hasn’t fully settle this, with there is no more link for Juventus put any bid on him, I’m convinced we are in front the line of getting him.

The only way we are not getting him is if Barcelona decides to improve their contract offer. But Barcelona isn’t desperate signing a centre back, they want to get new attacker & improve their midfield (already signed De Jong), they have no reason to go crazy for centre back, I won’t be surprised if they will say nah it’s not worthy if it’s attacker or midfield we go all out but not centre back.

In contrast to Barcelona, we want to rebuild and we are desperate to sign a new centre back, otherwise we will stuck with chuckle brothers. Ajax captain at young age & future captain for us if we sign him.

Edit: @Samid you better keep reading & send me a pm apology because i’m Saying yes we are signing him. We are in the front line.

Sanche7

Don't know why people come here just to say its not happening. It doesn't really matter, does it? People will always believe what they want to believe, especially when there is a chance, however small it be.
You don't think it's happening? Good for you, no use of writing essays to prove it ain't happening,especially when all you can do is guess. Let us have this hope, even if it's false

ovoxo

I well and truly believe it will happen:drool:

From a different point of view, I think signing De Ligt could help us in our quest to rebuild. He’s the best young CB out there at the moment and has potential to be the best in the world. Other players who we’re looking to sign may look at that and think the rebuild is serious and want to be part of it.

I’d be a good signal of intent.

crossy1686

career ending
I well and truly believe it will happen:drool:

From a different point of view, I think signing De Ligt could help us in our quest to rebuild. He’s the best young CB out there at the moment and has potential to be the best in the world. Other players who we’re looking to sign may look at that and think the rebuild is serious and want to be part of it.

I’d be a good signal of intent.
It's a hell of a lot easier to attract the players we need to attract when you've got a De Ligt and Pogba already in your team. Otherwise you're trying your best to convince Sancho that Phil Jones won't cripple him in training as a selling point.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.