Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
@_PaulHayward: Hope this fine young player doesn't get railroaded by his agent into joining the wrong club. Somebody needs to protect him from his agent's greed and his own temptation to accept a huge wage from a club in trouble.

What is Hayward's problem with us??
It may just be his opinion. It's not exactly an out there view.

But he did write SAF's book. SAF who is famously not a fan of Raiola. Those two things may not be entirely unconnected, either. It's hard to imagine SAF was especially positive about Raiola when they were writing the book.

Crimson King

@_PaulHayward: Hope this fine young player doesn't get railroaded by his agent into joining the wrong club. Somebody needs to protect him from his agent's greed and his own temptation to accept a huge wage from a club in trouble.

What is Hayward's problem with us??
He obviously doesn't like us, but his logic is completely skewed. How are we ever supposed to get out of trouble if highly rated young players won't sign for us?

Acquire Me

I think people are afraid that this will all end up in tears and pain. They can’t stop thinking about it even if they want to and this thread is a constant reminder that it could be happening. They are torn, there’s an internal struggle going on and they are posting negative stuff so that the muppets would start thinking logically and stop acting like this is done. But little do they know that there’s no logic in muppetry and the pain, tears and joy are just another day in the life of a muppet. Here’s to all the muppets, let no one stop you :devil:
# Announcedeli5t :wenger:
It might end in tears, but muppets never stop.

Will we see some more de Ligt activity on IG today lads?

RORY65

I don't think Hayward is biased, he ghost wrote Ferguson's second book (which is terrible) and I've seen him be positive about United in the past. He's not exactly wrong, De Ligt would be a brilliant signing for us but if he did come here (I don't think he will) then the main reason he would have done so is money and I'm not sure that that needs to be the priority for a 19 year old who is as good as him and will likely make a massive amount over his career regardless of where he goes.

GJNJ

Dont the agents get like 5% of the player's wages anyway?
I think that's a bit outdated now. Agents acting for players should be paid for by the players but it seems to have shifted to where the club seem to pay them. Not sure how it came to this.

Giggsyking

I don't think Hayward is biased, he ghost wrote Ferguson's second book (which is terrible) and I've seen him be positive about United in the past. He's not exactly wrong, De Ligt would be a brilliant signing for us but if he did come here (I don't think he will) then the main reason he would have done so is money and I'm not sure that that needs to be the priority for a 19 year old who is as good as him and will likely make a massive amount over his career regardless of where he goes.
What if De Ligt likes united more than any other team outside his country? Can he still say that?

Prodigy24

So is nobody going to question the £350,000 weekly wage if the rumors are true and he does sign? Thought we wanted to take it easy with these wages after what happened with Sanchez. Something very wrong with a 19 year old earning that much already, no matter who he is.

Acquire Me

Okay, we can offer good deals. But hold on a second; we are Manchester United. We are the most famous club in the world, we have a rich history, we have a huge fan base, we have great facilities, we have on of the best footballing setups in the world and we have had some poor years recently. The last part is not the end of the world. It’s not defining us as a club.

Players around the world would love to join us. We also has a very exciting project going on and young players are a huge part of that.

The future is bright.

dove

So is nobody going to question the £350,000 weekly wage if the rumors are true and he does sign? Thought we wanted to take it easy with these wages after what happened with Sanchez. Something very wrong with a 19 year old earning that much already, no matter who he is.
Where did you get that from? Absolutely no way we are paying that.

slyadams

Possibly, but I’m not sure even at that age players aren’t thinking a bit that they’re only 1 tackle away from their career ending. One 4 year contract of this size sets him, his kids and his kid’s kids up for life.

From a football point of view, the night is always darkest before the dawn. It will take the right signings and management, but top 4 is a realistic target next year then who knows.

You can use the “19 year old kid” bit both ways, he could take a chance on being a key part of the United revolution, and if that fails he’ll be 22 or 23 with a decade left in him and a tonne of cash in the bank.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

It is not true, how can we refuse to pay De Gea that money yet give it to a 19 year old boy.

the chameleon

I haven’t read the article but I feel the same. For all the talk of rebuilding, most of of us are still getting into muppet mode to pander to Mini Raiola’s demands. Our wage structure is broken. I would be happy if we signed him for £200k a week but £350k will do irreversible damage on who we attract. This isn’t a joke. Once the glazers and Woodward make the signing, other players will demand more.

Plus, I thought this summer was about fixing the team. If we get De Ligt, great! But I bet this doesn’t have a happy ending. Nothing involving that fat waiter does. He’ll use him as bait for pay rises. I think we need to be a stronger club than pander to Mino’s demands.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I think people are afraid that this will all end up in tears and pain. They can’t stop thinking about it even though they want to and this thread is a constant reminder that it could be happening. They are torn, there’s an internal struggle going on and they are posting negative stuff so that the muppets would start thinking logically and stop acting like this is done. But little do they know that there’s no logic in muppetry and the pain, tears and joy are just another day in the life of a muppet. Here’s to all the muppets, let no one stop you :devil:
# Announcedeli5t :wenger:
Hear, hear!

Prodigy24

Where did you get that from? Absolutely no way we are paying that.
From the twitter post from the last page. I know it makes no sense but seeing that money would be the only reason why he would want to join this current United side, who knows.

LonelyFire

I don’t think he’s guilty of bias but he is guilty of lacking a balanced view on the matter. Money is a factor in every transfer but if you consider the players age and career path then moving to Utd now makes sense. He’s 19 years of age - he can go to Utd and play in a league he’s always admired and would suit him for the next 5 years and still move to Barca in his prime thereafter.

If he goes to Barca now, does he spend whole career there? He doesn’t strike me as the type. A lot of the same reasons applied to Mbappe and his move to PSG over Madrid. Are we a shitshow right now? Absolutely. Being a young man with leadership qualities, that may appeal to him to be the man to lead Utd back to the top. It also does no harm having VDS in our corner providing him some balance.

Look, we might not get him but this idea from journalists like Hayward that it’s just money and greed is pretty pathetic and narrow minded.

spaceboyRSA

I think the wages being reported are much like when Sanchez was linked.... Sanchez was on a million pounds a week according to some people. I’m pretty sure if he is coming, it’s not on 350k a week.

Deep down I still think he is barca bound.

RORY65

Okay, we can offer good deals. But hold on a second; we are Manchester United. We are the most famous club in the world, we have a rich history, we have a huge fan base, we have great facilities, we have on of the best footballing setups in the world and we have had some poor years recently. The last part is not the end of the world. It’s not defining us as a club.

Players around the world would love to join us. We also has a very exciting project going on and young players are a huge part of that.

The future is bright.
If we had brought in an elite manager (I didn't want Mourinho but he is an elite manager so it made sense that big names would be attracted) then fair enough, I could buy all of that, the rest of what you say is absolutely true. We don't, we've taken a massive punt on a guy with no real CV so not only would he be joining a weaker team than he's currently playing for but also trusting his development to a coaching set up who have no evidence of being capable.

crossy1686

career ending
You think Mbappe is on £50k a week? What about Felix or Sancho? Will they be happy on £60k a week when they leave their teams?

arthurka

A 17 year old De Light absolutely bossing it in the Europa League final vs us.

If anyone with a shred of knowledge of the game had been at Utd after this game Utd would have signed this kid for 30m . He was so good in this game. The club is run by baboons.

cyberman

I don't understand this. His wage at Its would be what an average wage for his size of transfer would be and big clubs make these signings every summer.
You don't come to Utd solely for the money and its insulting to our club that this is even given credence

Zoo

If anyone with a shred of knowledge of the game had been at Utd after this game Utd would have signed this kid for 30m . He was so good in this game. The club is run by baboons.
Ever thought that maybe the kid wasn’t interested in leaving at that point?

gr3yham3

Skysports is basing off their "spanish expert" Ballague aren't they? No way is he reliable, especially with anything that goes against his beloved Barca or Pep.

Prodigy24

You think Mbappe is on £50k a week? What about Felix or Sancho? Will they be happy on £60k a week when they leave their teams?
I'm obviously not saying that they should be earning £50-60k a week, but 350? That's for the real superstars. Neither De Ligt, Felix or Sancho deserve anything over £200k.

Status
Not open for further replies.