::sonny::

Sczeny

De Ligt Bonucci Chiellini

Bernardeschi Rabiot Ramsey Pjanic A.Sandro

Djbala Ronaldo

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He'll go to Juve or Bayern I guess. Never really expected him, given how big the hype is, to sign for us, currently the 6th placed team in England. I'd be (very) pleasantly surprised but it doesn't seem likely to me.
He is not going to Bayern. They already invested more than €110m in CBs this window!
Süle, Hernandez, Pavard, Boateng (Martinez, Mai).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That genuinely means nothing, they're just copying the Di Marzio report.

Read the small print, it says "juve will have to improve their contract offer"... so it's not a done deal.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A couple of months ago all Barca affiliated "reliable journos" had been claiming De Ligt to Barca is a done deal. 2-3 weeks ago all the noise from France was De Ligt will choose them. Now it's Juve who are about to sign him because "reliable" Italian journalists have said so. I know Di Marzio is worshipping as a transfer God around here but he's gotten things wrong before.

People need to stop losing their shite everytime some "reliable" journalist says something. For all their contacts none of them are 100% reliable. So stop taking their word as gospel

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Makes sense. Ageing centre backs there with a feck ton of experience who’ll be able to take him under their wing, easy league titles, plays with second best player ever and in the champions league.

Good choice De Ligt pal.

settembrini

It's funny how people got so upset about the idea of him joining PSG because they are a strong team in a weak league but there is none of that anger when he is supposed to be joining Juventus. They have won 8 league title in a row and domestic doubles in 4 of their last five seasons. It's an absurdly uncompetitive league.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Whatever happens, just get it sorted this week. Then we can move on to Ake or Lascelles or Wes Morgan or whoever quickly.

Moiraine

That genuinely means nothing, they're just copying the Di Marzio report.

Read the small print, it says "juve will have to improve their contract offer"... so it's not a done deal.
Which genuinely means nothing :lol:

MS4

Wow. Why did Juve suddenly become so overpowered? Even after 2012 they were behind us and yet they caught up by doing good transfer-business. I am jealous

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Which genuinely means nothing :lol:
I'm not sure what you mean, but Di Marzio hasn't said he's chosen Juventus, only that they've become a favourite with a recent new offer.

At this rate I don't think De Ligt cares where he goes.

el3mel

Great deal for Juve if it happens. Should have no excuses winning CL next season though.

Red_toad

Whatever happens, just get it sorted this week. Then we can move on to Ake or Lascelles or Wes Morgan or whoever quickly.
Got my tour tickets delivered 2 days ago. I need a few new faces to welcome to wet and windy Perth.

Genuinely
hoping we've got a quality centre half in by July, but time is running out, so it'll be Jones and Rojo....

NWRed

Until you see him holding up the shirt don’t believe a word sky sports say
Whether PSG, Juventus or Barca I think it's clear we're out of the running and have been told so. The day after it was reported PSG had made their bid was the day we first turned to Maguire and a few days later Diop.

Of course it could all be journos putting 1 and 1 together and making 5, but it does seem a bit coincidental. Plus West Ham were clearly winding us up with their twitter account this week, so I'm inclined to believe we at least made an inquiry about Diop very recently.

Last edited:

Bobski

I wonder what his hopes were for Smalling?
Solid squad player. Great athletic base combined with excellent man to man defensive ability. Develop the rest of his game and you have a more than useful player for a decade. Pretty much how it turned out other than his ball playing ability progressing significantly. Jones was the one he had real hopes for to be the mainstay though. Not just Fergie who raved about him as a young player ether, look at Hodgson and Capello.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hopefully he doesn't have his development massively hindered by injuries like Jones. Wes Brown was another prime example of what looked like a great future defender in the teenage years.
At least Brown had a few quality seasons for us. Jones has been mostly shite.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Obviously Sky Bet will have suspended betting if they have inside information that he is signing for Juve.

No? Oh ok carry on then.

Bokito

It’s a move that’d actually make a lot of sense: a strong team that always does quite well in the CL, experienced, world class defenders to learn a lot from, but are older so there’s a good chance of playing a lot, a league that tends to adore defenders more than most other big leagues, he’s held in high esteem since his header sent Juve out of the CL this year, Juve and Raiola have a good relationship, the defence of Juve was their weak spot this season in the CL...

I am not saying it’s a done deal, but it does makes more sense than all other options, I’d reckon.

PSG: not enough resistance in the league to really grow;
Barca: too many CBs in the squad, thus limited playing time potentially;
Bayern: already spent big on defenders;
City: Pep and Raiola...;
United: no CL;

croadyman

May as well lock the thread this one is done & dusted. Why did we have to miss out on top 4 when a top talent like him became available. Definitely left thinking where would he have gone had we been able to offer champions league.

The Irish Connection

In the cold light of day the premier league would be the best place for his development and a challenge, coming to us an even bigger challenge. 6 teams battle it out for 4 places and every team in the league can beat the other on their day, apart from maybe city and Liverpool.
He would get as a good wages as anywhere and he mentioned wanting to try the prem before. Logically, you’d think he’d choose this league if he is serious about his ‘development ‘ and a ‘challenge ‘. But hey ho, Juventus now apparently.

redshaw

Juve would be a decent move, probably the most logical and stable place for a young defender.

Actually starting to look like the Premier League has peaked just now and things are getting better elsewhere. Hazard gone and Chelsea transfer ban, Pogba looking to go. The world's top players aren't coming here. Italy gained some top coaches. Spurs and Arsenal don't look like they can spend much despite all the hype of the Premier League money. Last and least United in disarray, a player graveyard.

Sterling Archer

First Madrid. Now Juve: Ramsey, Rabiot, now De Ligt and possibly Pogba.

Lots of rebuilding in progress. We're being run like a joke..for the last seven years!

Status
Not open for further replies.