Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Rabiot and Ramsey for free... De Ligt and maybe Chiesa. That would be one of the best transfer windows this year if they get those players.
They're hellbent in lifting that Champions League curse. Fair play to them. A club as big as that should have more than two CLs. League title will be in the bag yet again.

Fer

They're hellbent in lifting that Champions League curse. Fair play to them. A club as big as that should have more than two CLs. League title will be in the bag yet again.
Agreed. However, I can see Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, City and Bayern strengthen their teams to compete for the
Champions League.

Even the likes of Liverpool, Dortmund and Atletico if they end up signing top players.

bdspeedy

If we don't get a QUALITY CB this summer, then Eddie needs to be banished to the cornfield. There would be no bigger example of his malfeasance than to go another window, failing to address our most glaring problem.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
Agreed. However, I can see Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, City and Bayern strengthen their teams to compete for the
Champions League.

Even the likes of Liverpool, Dortmund and Atletico if they end up signing top players.
Seeing as how Liverpool have reached 2 consecutive finals, I don't really see why they need to sign top players to compete for the trophy.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
How would Juventus or Paris explain to their other senior defenders, which includes both their respective captains that they're gonna bring in a 19 year old kid and offer him more money than them.
Not to forget he's not a superstar offensive player. As weird as it sounds, it'd work at United because the current batch has no leverage on the club. They're all an easily dispensable batch.

Fer

Seeing as how Liverpool have reached 2 consecutive finals, I don't really see why they need to sign top players to compete for the trophy.
That's true. Also, I consider Klopp with a good eye to sign players. He buys the players he needs for his style of play. TBH I I don't know what's our style of play under Ole.

They are already good. Now imagine if they sign a couple of top players more.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh I didn't know that. Damn, that's a hell of a lot of investment. Hernandez and Pavard are both highly rated aren't they?
They are, yes. Both WC winners as starters with France. Hernandez is injured though and Pavard was not convincing in a bad Stuttgart side. A plus is that both can cover the FB as well.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He isn't joining Juve. The kid has already said that he wants to develop further and implied game time is important. With them having Bonucci, Chiellini and Rugani already in their ranks, surely he wouldn't play as much as he would like.

He would join us and lead us back to glory years:drool:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
That's true. Also, I consider Klopp with a good eye to sign players. He buys the players he needs for his style of play. TBH I I don't know what's our style of play under Ole.

They are already good. Now imagine if they sign a couple of top players more.
I don't think Ole knows either. He sits on the bench/stands on the sideline with a befuddled look of "this worked when I played."

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How would Juventus or Paris explain to their other senior defenders, which includes both their respective captains that they're gonna bring in a 19 year old kid and offer him more money than them.
As to juventus, not much of an issue given he literally just eliminated them from CL. Doubt any of their players would have much of an issue

PSG same story honestly. Went out in the R16 in hilarious fashion again

C'est Moi Cantona

I still don't understand how we came into the Hummels transfer, I know we're good for a kicking just now, but it was just a bit weird.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not to forget he's not a superstar offensive player. As weird as it sounds, it'd work at United because the current batch has no leverage on the club. They're all an easily dispensable batch.
He's probably not getting the wages rumoured.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
On a wum mission, but since he's site moderator then it's allowed, he can't (won't) hit himself with banning hammer.
I’ve been on this forum for over 14 years and the one thing I can say is that GB is not a wind up monger. Many on here are, but he isn’t.

Sterling Archer

I’ve been on this forum for over 14 years and the one thing I can say is that GB is not a wind up monger. Many on here are, but he isn’t.
I presumed GB was just making fun of Reddit. Are you suggesting that might be true?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
De Ligt was almost on the verge of joining United. The deal broke down because De Ligt demanded that he be made club captain. Ole refused saying his beloved Ashley Young could not lose his captaincy.

Something of that sort
Thanks.
It is 5 am and I just woke whole family laughing. Great start of the day.

Womp

idiot
De Ligt was almost on the verge of joining United. The deal broke down because De Ligt demanded that he be made club captain. Ole refused saying his beloved Ashley Young could not lose his captaincy.

Something of that sort
Got an odd sense of humour pal

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Been reading Caf since 2001 when there were posters like stoned.rose, buryred, davo, gillespie etc. and I'm very well aware who is golden blunder. That makes it even more surprising that he keeps going about de ligt giving people false hope which is wumming in a way.

Axkiko

Very smart move from a 19 years old kid to turn down PSG biggest offer to join Juve instead. Too clever, too mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.