Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

When he was talking to barca, they were favourites, then we were, when psg were in talks psg were and now juventus. It's not over yet i feel.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s always clear to me that Raiola directly feeds Di Marzio information. Let’s see if that’s to flush out interest or if Juve are genuinely pushing hard.

el3mel

We're not in this deal anymore. He's only linked to Paris, Barca and Juve. The news are circulating between them and there's no reason for him to choose us ahead of any of 3.

Last edited:

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Sczeny

De Ligt Bonucci Chiellini

Bernardeschi Rabiot Ramsey Pjanic A.Sandro

Djbala Ronaldo

(i) I would put de Ligt in the Center, because i think Bonucci is more agile.
(ii) Djbala is not a main striker. CR7 neither. Both have the same position. I would sell Djbala.

Szczesny
Bonucci De Ligt Chiellini
Pjanic
Bernardeschi Rabiot Ramsey A.Sandro
Kean Ronaldo

Patrick08

We're not in this deal anymore. He's only linked to Paris, Barca and Juve. The news are circulating between both and there's no reason for him to choose us ahead any of 3.
We gotta be for one cb for sure, why are we so relaxed in the market for cb's?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Imagine actually going into next season without signing a CB and Ole spouting shite about the quality we have in that position. Can’t wait.

Litch

I honestly don't think we're signing a CB this summer. Maguire seems to be off to City too.
Me neither. Once we extended the careers of Smalling and Jones here, along with Eric and Rojo still being here too and Lindelof only just coming to the club, the situation is no different than when Jose wanted Maguire. Can't have 5 CB's (6 if you include the lad at Villa on loan) and think we are going to sign another.....

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly this all looks like an attempt to make Barcelona cave and accept his demands

RedorDead21

Imagine actually going into next season without signing a CB and Ole spouting shite about the quality we have in that position. Can’t wait.
The last manager was slammed for going into the season without a CB and shaming the club for doing so. The club could use our scepticism of his previous CB purchases to refuse him. When the reality prob was they wanted a summer of little spending. Ole will want a CB. This is his dream job and he wants to succeed. Let’s just see who we can bring in there are more quality CBs than Maguire and De Ligt if we want to buy

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We gotta be for one cb for sure, why are we so relaxed in the market for cb's?
We're not making more than 3 signings this summer, and James was one of those 3. The other is Wan Bissaka, and the 3rd will be some midfielder we panic on. Have already accepted it. If we wanted a big summer, we would have done a lot more than we have so far.

RedorDead21

We're not making more than 3 signings this summer, and James was one of those 3. The other is Wan Bissaka, and the 3rd will be some midfielder we panic on. Have already accepted it. If we wanted a big summer, we would have done a lot more than we have so far.
We can have our best window yet even if only a week remains. Even after all the other clubs have bought. Beats latching onto players just because other clubs show an interest and then getting lumbered with duds.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We can have our best window yet even if only a week remains. Even after all the other clubs have bought. Beats latching onto players just because other clubs show an interest and then getting lumbered with duds.
If we were any other club I’d agree with you. Ed fecking Woodward can’t even “prepare a bid” in a week, let alone close out 2-3 signings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's truly amazing that no one has a real clue what his intentions are.
It's swept from Barcelona to PSG to Juventus, but it's clear it's still up in the air.

His management team must be loving it!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If started a thread in the General forum about how I plan to propose to Alexandra Daddario, what our wedding would be like and what we'd do on our honeymoon, it would be similar to this thread. A nice idea but a bit silly and sad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I honestly don't think we're signing a CB this summer. Maguire seems to be off to City too.
It does seem hard to see us buying a centre back, as all the links have been for players in the 65-100m bracket which just doesn't seem likely.

Once we eventually struggle out the Wan Bissaka deal, and it's into July, we'll have spent 70-75m already.

We'd still have glaring holes on the right wing, and a centre mid starter birth, so even if Pogba did go, we'd need to use that money to sort those 2 positions, and the actual Pogba replacement first.

What a right old mess.

Aretak

It does seem hard to see us buying a centre back, as all the links have been for players in the 65-100m bracket which just doesn't seem likely.

Once we eventually struggle out the Wan Bissaka deal, and it's into July, we'll have spent 70-75m already.

We'd still have glaring holes on the right wing, and a centre mid starter birth, so even if Pogba did go, we'd need to use that money to sort those 2 positions, and the actual Pogba replacement first.

What a right old mess.
I just think there has to be an acceptance that it's not all going to be solved this summer. A lot of the same wasters will be in the team next season, because it's simply not viable to buy four or five top quality replacements in one window - especially with no Champions League next season. Sure, it'd be nice to actually see some initial progress made, but the club just isn't a huge draw for the real top level players right now. It's going to take at least 2-3 years in order to properly rebuild the squad and clear out the dead wood. And that's only if the club actually sticks with Ole and a plan for the future for that long. If he struggles badly next season, the reset button is going to be hit again, with another new manager and another new philosophy (since the fabled Director of Football appointment is still as far away as ever).

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Never thought we're getting him but the general way our club is run makes a National League club's management look competent.

In years to come, we'll be a case study in business courses at university on how a great brand is run down by incompetent morons.

Last edited:

dev1l

The release clause thing is interesting. I mean if the clause is too low and can be triggered after a couple of years into the contract for example, I would not want him.

Patrick08

The release clause thing is interesting. I mean if the clause is too low and can be triggered after a couple of years into the contract for example, I would not want him.
Typical riola who would want the player to develop and move again to so he can earn again.

dev1l

Typical riola who would want the player to develop and move again to so he can earn again.
In an ideal world we should stay away from Raiola as much as possible.
Problem is that he knows how to over hype his clients and make them attractive to clubs who look for commercial aspects (rather than on field performance) of a player.
No wonder Woodward have a better relationship with Raiola than Fergie ever had..

Arogantni

Supports
Zeljeznicar
The release clause after first year would be 150 million euros, and would rise up after every year (at least by 20mil). In every case this would be good deal for Juventus.

Patrick08

In an ideal world we should stay away from Raiola as much as possible.
Problem is that he knows how to over hype his clients and make them attractive to clubs who look for commercial aspects (rather than on field performance) of a player.
No wonder Woodward have a better relationship with Raiola than Fergie ever had..
Is it really? Why doesn't he stuff money up his back pockets and influence this one.:D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is not going to Bayern. They already invested more than €110m in CBs this window!
Süle, Hernandez, Pavard, Boateng (Martinez, Mai).
Oh I didn't know that. Damn, that's a hell of a lot of investment. Hernandez and Pavard are both highly rated aren't they?

Fer

Rabiot and Ramsey for free... De Ligt and maybe Chiesa. That would be one of the best transfer windows this year if they get those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.