Max Aarons

Brightonian

Probably has a bit to do with the last seven years. Watching city and Liverpool romp to title wins. United not being involved in a single title race. Constant false dawns and the fact we’re still only 15 games into the season and only four points off ninth. The fact a lot of United fans simply just do not think Ole has it in his locker to lead a team to a title. If there’s any fanbase that will understandably have pessimism at this moments it’s most certainly ours. Especially as the likes of Chelsea and Spurs have been top this year gotten all giddy and the wheels have subsequently fallen off.
But is it necessary for people to loudly trumpet their insecurities and inability to live in the moment to the extent that it drowns out, y'know, football fans looking to celebrate a win?

Sorry all, off topic.

I like Aarons. Not absolutely guaranteed to step it up a gear if he moved to a big club, but certainly worth a punt at age 20/21. If Ole has decided he doesn't like Dalot, this is very much the same thing but with less continental glitter and more known quantity.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Will he be cheaper in the summer window? If not, then I would hope we push to sign him this month if possible.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Why would they take it ? They rejected 10-12 m for Lewis in Summer who is an inferior talent to Aarons. We are probably talking 30m +
Mates a Norwich fan and he would have strongly disagreed with you last year. Lewis was arguably better last season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think it woul;d be closer to £40M hes proven in the PL, still young, you will have competition for this signature.
Nobody is paying 40m for Aarons in a covid market - there is no “competition” at that price. Lewis went for 15m and there is still no crowd money on the horizon. 20m was the mooted fee when Barcelona and Bayern wanted him.

wolvored

If we get Aarons and hes better than Bissaka (which apparently is why were buying him), would Bissaka then want a move? We only paid £50 mill last season and we wouldnt get our money back. Hes a one trick pony with his last ditch tackle. His positioning and attacking prowess are virtually non existant.

crossy1686

career ending
If we get Aarons and hes better than Bissaka (which apparently is why were buying him), would Bissaka then want a move? We only paid £50 mill last season and we wouldnt get our money back. Hes a one trick pony with his last ditch tackle. His positioning and attacking prowess are virtually non existant.
Why would he? He'll still play, he has a very different skill set. We'd probably use him in the big games as he keeps people quiet all game. I also think he has a future as the right-sided defender in a back 3.

wolvored

Why would he? He'll still play, he has a very different skill set. We'd probably use him in the big games as he keeps people quiet all game. I also think he has a future as the right-sided defender in a back 3.
Maybe for this.
As for keeping people quiet, thats ok when he is close one on one, but its his positioning that has led to many goals from the oppos left due to him being out of position, sometimes after our attacks.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How much is this rumoured to cost? I hindsight, we were taken to the cleaners by Palace for AWB.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Pay 20 and send them Williams for 18 months. If he doesn’t improve under Fark then you’ll know his level.

UpWithRivers

I know thy are trying to win the championship but if we could loan them Williams + 1 other (Lingard/Jones/Rojo/Mengi - whoever) then surely they would be in a much better position. I also dont see why any of them wouldn't go on loan for a few months. Get some football under their belt and possibly get a Championship medal.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nobody is paying 40m for Aarons in a covid market - there is no “competition” at that price. Lewis went for 15m and there is still no crowd money on the horizon. 20m was the mooted fee when Barcelona and Bayern wanted him.
Everton want him, he will go for between £30 - £40M. Lewis isn't English, and Newcastle aren't United.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Nobody is mentioning the (probably quite high) possibility that Norwich are in a difficult financial position. I dont think we have really seen a noteworthy COVID bargain yet anywhere in the market, but i also don't think that during the summer clubs expected another full season with gate receipts.

£15m might not be the valuation that they put in this player, but it could be a number that they can't say no to at this moment in time.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nobody is mentioning the (probably quite high) possibility that Norwich are in a difficult financial position. I dont think we have really seen a noteworthy COVID bargain yet anywhere in the market, but i also don't think that during the summer clubs expected another full season with gate receipts.

£15m might not be the valuation that they put in this player, but it could be a number that they can't say no to at this moment in time.
They won’t sell right now. Give them Jones or TFM or Williams and they might

Dazzmondo

Haven't seen Aarons this season but I just had a look at his numbers and I'm not impressed either defensively or offensively. Especially in the Championship I would expect very good stats and his aren't even good. Think we should be looking elsewhere based on that.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Godfrey is English. Just as highly rated. Didn’t go for anything close to 40m.
When United is involved you can expect to pay more, Godfrey went for an initial £20M rising to £25M, Arron's to United will be over £30M. It is still a good price for a very good attacking full back.

Judas

Open to offers
Haven't seen Aarons this season but I just had a look at his numbers and I'm not impressed either defensively or offensively. Especially in the Championship I would expect very good stats and his aren't even good. Think we should be looking elsewhere based on that.
So without even watching him this season and just looking at some numbers on a screen, you're ruling him out. Fair.

stubie

I fail to see how they are in a difficult financial position.

They spent very little last season, sold a few players over the past 2 seasons for big money and still have the PL money from last season along with the parachute payments.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They won’t sell right now. Give them Jones or TFM or Williams and they might
They just wouldn't. The idea that lower clubs will accept our rejects works only in video games. I'm not even going to talk about the wages now.

Aarons is key to how they play and they need similar players who can come in and do the job. Its January and so , unless they receive a high offer they just aren't going to sell.

red thru&thru

If we get Aarons, I don't see a future for Brandon at the club.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How quick is he? Can't tell from the videos and can't remember from how shite Norwich were last year

Adamsk7

If we get Aarons, I don't see a future for Brandon at the club.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
I agree but Aarons is better than Brandon currently. The smart move would be to let him go on loan for a couple of years where he’ll get game time, especially because I don’t think any of us (and I have a hint including Ole) are that convinced by AWB. That gives us a chance to assess our options when all have had plenty of first team football

hobbers

I'd love us to sign Aarons, or someone of a similar ilk, and just have a go at playing AWB at RCB. I suspect he'll do better there, same as Shaw always looks better at LCB in a back five.

Obviously with a back four we need a right back who is more competent with the ball. Especially if we're not going to have a ready-made world class right winger ahead of them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They just wouldn't. The idea that lower clubs will accept our rejects works only in video games. I'm not even going to talk about the wages now.

Aarons is key to how they play and they need similar players who can come in and do the job. Its January and so , unless they receive a high offer they just aren't going to sell.
Williams is being targeted by Southampton & Leverkusen and both teams plays attacking full backs. If they need attacking full back who can come in and do the job, Williams suits for the replacement. If the transfer fee is the issue then that’s different discussion.

cyberman

Our rejects would be the best players in the Championship

flappyjay

I think we are probably looking for a Shaw /telles situation