Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mshnsh

One is doing it in the EPL at 37 another is in a retirement league.

Cut from a different cloth.
Ronaldo is here because he was rejected by everyone else not because he wanted to play only for us or in Premier league for that matter.

And he really wasn't anything special today. One tap in and one goal that went straight through the keeper. Against a very poor Newcastle said tipped by many to struggle to survive this season. But that is a typical Ronaldo performance. Do that for 15 years, and all those goals will galvanise mediocrity.

Anyway, you (from your name) and many others on this forum (because he is our player) are absolutely biased towards him and your opinions cannot be taken seriously.

mshnsh

yeah Messi’s playmaking settles it
And dribbling and the magic in his goals. But as I said, this forum has always been partial and now even more so.

I respect Ronaldo and him playing again for us makes me nostalgic. I also consider him one of the greatest ever. But having watched both players over the course of their careers, there is no doubt who the better footballer is.

tomaldinho1

And dribbling and the magic in his goals. But as I said, this forum has always been partial and now even more so.

I respect Ronaldo and him playing again for us makes me nostalgic. I also consider him one of the greatest ever. But having watched both players over the course of their careers, there is no doubt who the better footballer is.
Viva Ronaldo!!

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ronaldo is here because he was rejected by everyone else not because he wanted to play only for us or in Premier league for that matter.

And he really wasn't anything special today. One tap in and one goal that went straight through the keeper. Against a very poor Newcastle said tipped by many to struggle to survive this season. But that is a typical Ronaldo performance. Do that for 15 years, and all those goals will galvanise mediocrity.

Anyway, you (from your name) and many others on this forum (because he is our player) are absolutely biased towards him and your opinions cannot be taken seriously.
This has got to be one of the stupidest posts I’ve seen on here and is why this debate becomes pointless.

So because I am Portuguese and not because I’ve provided factual statements my opinion does not matter.

But wait this world class of a statement below does.
“15 years of tap ins galvanizes mediocrity”

Nice. Also rejected by who? if PSG knew they could have got him for how much United paid they probably would have took him over Messi. Ronaldo didn’t make himself available and Juve reiterated he was not leaving so why even make the call.

City wanted him and that much was very very obvious and he snubbed them for United.

Carry on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

So why aren't there many more mediocre players like him ? What an incredibly stupid post :lol:

mshnsh

This has got to be one of the stupidest posts I’ve seen on here and is why this debate becomes pointless.

So because I am Portuguese and not because I’ve provided factual statements my opinion does not matter.

But wait this world class of a statement below does.
“15 years of tap ins galvanizes mediocrity”

Nice. Also rejected by who? if PSG knew they could have got him for how much United paid they probably would have took him over Messi. Ronaldo didn’t make himself available and Juve reiterated he was not leaving so why even make the call.

City wanted him and that much was very very obvious and he snubbed them for United.

Carry on.
No. His agent offered him to every big club in Europe all summer but no one wanted him. City only had a look because they couldn't get Kane but they were not willing to pay the price Juve wanted.
So why aren't there many more mediocre players like him ? What an incredibly stupid post :lol:
I was winding him up mate as a response to a stupid post from him. Ronaldo is one of the top 5 greatest ever that is assured.

No. His agent offered him to every big club in Europe all summer but no one wanted him.
People who are so sure of utter bollocks that have no first hand knowledge in are my favourite kind of lunatics.
Sure, no-one wanted Ronaldo :lol:

Next up, nobody really wanted Kane, City were only slightly interested because they couldn’t get Haaland but weren’t prepared to pay up as didn’t think he was worth it.

As Pickled says below, anyone on the other side could claim no-one even wanted Messi, not even Barça or La Liga, they all knew deep down he was never staying and no-one besides a piss pot club in a piss pot league wanted him, even his old boss Pep wasn’t interested. It’d be a load of bollox also obviously.

Listen to yourselves for a moment for fecks sake, and post things you have first hand knowledge of, such as “he made himself available, and quickly City/Pep wanted him, followed by Manchester United. He almost immediately decided on a return to United”.
Not much difference to Messi who wanted to stay at Barca if possible, but clearly had a deal with PsG lined up if that when South and he quickly took up that deal. Don’t just bollocks up the known facts and start speculating pure drivel just cause you like one player more than the other.

Last edited:

Pickle85

People who are so sure of utter bollocks that have no first hand knowledge in are my favourite kind of lunatics.
Sure, no-one wanted Ronaldo :lol:

Next up, nobody really wanted Kane, City were only slightly interested because they couldn’t get Haaland but weren’t prepared to pay up as didn’t think he was worth it.
And nobody wanted Messi really, PSG just jumped in when City etc etc. Such a tiresome argument...as you say though, funny to watch people state such nonsense so assuredly with little but hearsay to base it on. Love the 'except for the two goals argument he didn't do much today' argument some are pushing too. So ridiculous.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
It has always been Messi fans who obsess and rabidly attack Ronaldo and perpetually create a rivalry that no one else but them and disgruntled journalists care about.

I don't care about Messi, he has nothing to do with my country, I really don't feel anything bad about the guy, he actually won me many bets in the past and I wish him all the best but Messi simple doesn't inspire me in any shape or form. On the other hand, his ever-seething fans frequently come off as a mixture of beta and evil, always trying to smear, undermine and annoy but they're needed because they make things even more interesting.

Now one thing that must be debunked is this yet another artifice that Messi fans created, and this is one is the really insidious one: "Messi is a natural talent and Cristiano is all work and ethic". Messi went through a long and intensive therapy to become who he is, he is the artificial one, not Ronaldo, and they know it, that's why they psychologically project it all the time. Cristiano Ronaldo is a force of Nature, a rare rough diamond that was found, cut and polished into this magnificent brilliant.

Reactions: Sultan

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

smart man much respect

Rojow

Messi went through a long and intensive therapy to become who he is

WTH is this? What are you talking about. Go and watch some Messi videos when he was a little kid. The talent was always there. Since he was born.

Pickle85

WTH is this? What are you talking about. Go and watch some Messi videos when he was a little kid. The talent was always there. Since he was born.
It's quite literally true. He had a growth hormone disorder for which he received treatment.

Rojow

That's common knowledge. I mean what he says about what made him who he is. As if that treatment had given Messi the skills, which is extremely stupid.

MrEleson

Ones thing for sure, they’ve both utilised and maximised every micro drop of talent they had.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Ones thing for sure, they’ve both utilised and maximised every micro drop of talent they had.
which can’t be said about people like Maradona and George Best. And yet some people still prefer them to the current two big names. It’s a funny old game Saint.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
It has always been Messi fans who obsess and rabidly attack Ronaldo and perpetually create a rivalry that no one else but them and disgruntled journalists care about.

I don't care about Messi, he has nothing to do with my country, I really don't feel anything bad about the guy, he actually won me many bets in the past and I wish him all the best but Messi simple doesn't inspire me in any shape or form. On the other hand, his ever-seething fans frequently come off as a mixture of beta and evil, always trying to smear, undermine and annoy but they're needed because they make things even more interesting.

Now one thing that must be debunked is this yet another artifice that Messi fans created, and this is one is the really insidious one: "Messi is a natural talent and Cristiano is all work and ethic". Messi went through a long and intensive therapy to become who he is, he is the artificial one, not Ronaldo, and they know it, that's why they psychologically project it all the time. Cristiano Ronaldo is a force of Nature, a rare rough diamond that was found, cut and polished into this magnificent brilliant.
This person sounds like he really doesn’t care about Messi.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

This is total nonsense. I've watched the battle between Messi and Ronaldo fans for a decade from an outsider point of you, both sects are exactly the same. Artifical arguments go both ways, don't try to pretend Ronaldo devotees have some sort of moral high ground.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This is total nonsense. I've watched the battle between Messi and Ronaldo fans for a decade from an outsider point of you, both sects are exactly the same. Artifical arguments go both ways, don't try to pretend Ronaldo devotees have some sort of moral high ground.
Not the case at all. What Messi is good at is often easier on the eye when it comes to dribbling past players so folks who don't totally understand the game think the competition isn't even close.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Nothing to do with Messi vs Ronaldo debate, but I am going to make a prediction.

By near end of season, when we are about to win something big with Ronaldo scoring a lot for us, the mods are going to lock this poll again when the votes are getting to 50-50. Its all in the script and its inevitable.

FK201617

It seems that both players care about Ballon d’Or a lot.

Interview from 2019

“Messi’s in the history of football,” Ronaldo told broadcaster Piers Morgan in an interview with ITV on Tuesday. “But I think I have to have six or seven or eight to be above him,” he said, referring to the Ballon d’Or awards.

“I’d love it, I think I deserve it.”

Another interview in 2019
Messi: "Cristiano equalling my five Ballons d'Or was painful" France Football spoke to the Barcelona star after he won his sixth award and he said that Ronaldo's fifth spurred him on to win it again.

"On the one hand, I enjoyed being the only player to have won five," Messi said at the 2019 ceremony in Paris. "When Cristiano equalled me, I have to admit it was a bit painful as I was no longer alone on the summit. But at that moment he deserved to win the Ballon d'Or and there wasn't much more I could have done."

NK86

I think Messi is better at dribbling but if dribbling was all that mattered in football, then maybe this thread wouldn't have even existed. As it stands, there are various other attributes which Ronaldo excels over Messi.

However to claim that one's opinion cannot be taken seriously as they don't conform with yours is the most boring and outrageously stupid thing I see very often over here and in general as well.

As for why Ronaldo is here, yeah City didn't want to pay 13 mil Euros for him and that's why he had to join this club. How sad for him. How many clubs were after Messi? PSG, City, and..?

It's ok being a fanboi but don't diss on others who don't blindly nod to everything you say.

Also if 2 goals on his debut is nothing special, then half the goals Messi scored against poor teams and most that he will score in that Tier 2 league should be chalked off in similar fashion.

Fridge chutney

:lol:

Newbies. The gifts that keep on giving.

Fridge chutney

In all seriousness, this thread is shockingly infantile and pathetic.

"Grown" men who spend hours/days/weeks/months trying to demean one of the two greatest players of this generation in a futile point-scoring exercise to no benefit of their own just comes across as so incredibly sad.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not the case at all. What Messi is good at is often easier on the eye when it comes to dribbling past players so folks who don't totally understand the game think the competition isn't even close.
It isn't though, at least for a lot of people, and it will be hard to change that point of view. Messi will likely overtake Ronaldo in goals scored and he's already got him beat on assists, being two years younger and by all accounts taking very good care of himself. But I don't even want to use that as the main reason, no the main reason is they spent 9 years in the same league, Messi was the leading force behind 6 of those Liga wins and CR7 the force for only 2, to me that really nails it. Comparing CL's or International career leaves so many what if's and caveats, but performances over 38 games year after year in the league is, to me, the best indication of who the best player is; the stats and eye test are simply a confirmation of it. I still think CR7 is a top 5 all-time player for what it's worth.

Jerry Garcia

Joke of a post.

Lebo

It isn't though, at least for a lot of people, and it will be hard to change that point of view. Messi will likely overtake Ronaldo in goals scored and he's already got him beat on assists, being two years younger and by all accounts taking very good care of himself. But I don't even want to use that as the main reason, no the main reason is they spent 9 years in the same league, Messi was the leading force behind 6 of those Liga wins and CR7 the force for only 2, to me that really nails it. Comparing CL's or International career leaves so many what if's and caveats, but performances over 38 games year after year in the league is, to me, the best indication of who the best player is; the stats and eye test are simply a confirmation of it. I still think CR7 is a top 5 all-time player for what it's worth.
and the champions league titles for the other one doesn’t matter? Or they matter less compared to the league?

VP

From my viewing of this thread, it seems it's the other way round mate. Where the Messi stans are affronted that someone can hold the subjective opinion that they prefer Ronaldo. That somehow it's an undisputable and objective fact that he's the greatest of all time (spoiler alert: it isn't, and my personal opinion is that it's Maradona)
It's hard to assess but my sense, based on here and the internet as a whole, is that the Ronaldo lot are far worse and downright creepy. Take a look at some of the stuff when rape allegations came out. Just above my post, someone suggested that if you prefer Messi, you're a '****'. I had to google it but apparently it's "a man overly submissive to a female" - straight out of the incel playbook.

Ladron de redcafe

I'm so bitter ronaldo just scored 2 goals on his return to the premier league. Fuming.

It's good Messi is covid banned else how would I ever get over his destruction of the mighty clement foot.
We can tell. That's why we're all laughing.

Ladron de redcafe

One is doing it in the EPL at 37 another is in a retirement league.

Cut from a different cloth.
The 36 year old threw himself at that retirement league and got rejected. Hardly a different cloth.

Now, let's see whether he can close that Balón d'or and Golden Boot gap, because his rival seems have them on lock.

shahzy

This has to be a pisstake yeh? Scores 2 as a striker 'Nah wasn't anything special."
To get goals like that...consistently you need to be one of the top 5 strikers in the world. This is a 36 year old man doing that.
What a shit take

edit: oh no i didnt know i ventured into this thread. Regret it already.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Please, create another thread about Messi vs fatnaldo etc. There's no comparison with Ronaldo, he's the goat. He plays for us, that alone makes it so. Im not willing to hear anything else.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
PSG and Barca fans defending the same person. You love to see it. Its like two countries that are at war decided to have a tea together and then they hug each other every morning. Blinded by fanboism.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
It's hard to assess but my sense, based on here and the internet as a whole, is that the Ronaldo lot are far worse and downright creepy. Take a look at some of the stuff when rape allegations came out. Just above my post, someone suggested that if you prefer Messi, you're a '****'. I had to google it but apparently it's "a man overly submissive to a female" - straight out of the incel playbook.

Both have weirdos tbh.
And just like you had idiots blindly supporting Ronaldo during rape allegations (although innocent until proven guilty, still I get your point) same way you had people making ridiculous excuses for Messi for tax charges(although Ronaldo also had tax issues).

Anyways, that is how fan culture is, you will always find some dumbass wannabe overcompensating in internet to prove their loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.