• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Jesus Christ. I made the correction 3x already

Juve. 17/18 season quarter final. 2 goals in Turin one being the best goal in CL history and then the penalty in the return leg.
His overhead goal was class but Bale's was even better. Anyways I prefer Messi's solo goal vs Madrid in the semi final.

Lee565

Look at the all time goal scoring record, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility that messi could become the all time leading goal scorer above ronaldo, he has about 2 and half years on ronaldo and if he can motivate himself again he could easily score 20+ goals in the psg league alone in the next 2 seasons on top of champions league/International and Cup games as well.

Eplel

Look at the all time goal scoring record, I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility that messi could become the all time leading goal scorer above ronaldo, he has about 2 and half years on ronaldo and if he can motivate himself again he could easily score 20+ goals in the psg league alone in the next 2 seasons on top of champions league/International and Cup games as well.
Maybe if he plays another 40 seasons in Uber Eats ™ Ligue One.

Righteous Steps

Except it can be…. Messi is not a unique 1/1 player, we have had a Messi before and some might argue a better version albeit for a shorter period of time. His name was Diego Maradona. In fact their have been many brilliant players who were short and dribbled well with their low center of gravity.

Ronaldo is a 1/1 in the sport. Their has never been a guy who has his build, that fast, that strong, scores easily with the right or left foot, S tier level skills and dribbling ability, S tier heading ability, in fact probably the best header of the ball ever, blistering Pace, over 6 feet. Scores in any way shape or form and is also a brilliant crosser of the ball.

If you built a player in the lab it would look exactly like Ronaldo.
Maradona neve scored anywhere near as much goals as Messi that’s what makes him different and we’ve also already had Pele who combines everything you talk of which apparently makes Ronaldo a 1 of 1.

Gehrman

I think he's done. Its not always motivation. Every player has a different milage. Messi isnt built like Ronnie or Zlatan.

badname

Maradona neve scored anywhere near as much goals as Messi that’s what makes him different and we’ve also already had Pele who combines everything you talk of which apparently makes Ronaldo a 1 of 1.
Pele and Maradona played in the a semi amateur football, specially Pele. Nowhere near the tactics of today, the intensity and quickness of the game. A guy like Arjen Robben would demolish every defender in the 80s.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Well and I'd like to add the followings facts too:

- Ronaldo has more career goals (807 vs 759)
- Ronaldo has more all time records (career/international/CL/major tournament etc)
- Ronaldo has more European success and is better in CL
- Ronaldo has arguably better international career (Euro > Copa, 115 goals > 80 goals)
- Ronaldo is far more proven outside La Liga and across different leagues
- Ronaldo has better goalscoring ratio in La Liga
- Ronaldo ages better
- Ronaldo has better mentality and bigger impact

But I admitted I am not the type of person inclined to go all one-sided to trigger more response of any sort. So, to balance things out bit, here's the counter arguments for sake of fairness:

- Messi has more Ballon D'ors (7 vs 5)
- Messi has more individual awards (golden boot, mvp awards etc)
- Messi has more career assists (325 vs 229)
- Messi has more domestic success and is better in La Liga
- Messi has better goalscoring ratio over career
- Messi peaks higher
- Messi is more talented and performs better

Which makes posts like Zehner one suggesting that it's not even close contest for him even if Messi retires 10 years ago, sound so ridiculous. Its always a close contest, and most discussed rivalry on all sports over past 15 years or so.
--You do not have a better international career by scoring more. That's what best player of the tournaments exist and Ronaldo has zero, he was not able to dominate a single tournament.
-- It is funny all of a sudden you decided to use per game goal ratio for La Liga. Messi has a better goal per game ratio so your 807 vs 759 does not matter as Messi played like 200 games less and playing as a playmaker
-- Using per game goal ratio, there are around 10 players that did better than Ronaldo with the NT including Lukaku
-- Messi has a better CL per game goal ratio
-- Ronaldo could not prove himself as a GOAT level playmaker or dribbler or creator so cannot substitute Messi.
-- Bigger impact/mentality is nonsense as the guy had a single best player award in La Liga in 9 years, 2 La Liga titles in 9 years, known for ghosting in CL finals and again has zero international tournament best payer award.
-- The only reason why he is having all these all time records is because he is playing tons of games against Luxembourg, Andorra type of teams averaging like 2 goals per game against them. His record against WC winning teams (Germany, Italy, France, Uruguay, Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina) is 7 goals (including 3 penalties) in 30 games, so like 0.23 per game.

More importantly, Messi is a GOAT level playmaker+dribbler+goalscorer, Ronaldo has no business in the creators group of Maradona, Xavi, Zidane, Platini, Cruyff..

Last edited:

genardk

Supports
Juventus
I can take this a part piece by piece if I had the time.

For starts Ronaldo was never just goals. He has averaged more then 10 assists per season on multiple occasions. Young Ronaldo was one of the best dribblers and skilled the game has ever seen.

“Just a poacher and never left his comfort zone”

Hilarious, he was a winger first out and out, then he became a goal scoring winger, then he became a left forward, lastly a striker (not a poacher those are very different things).

Messi most success came with the spine of the greatest national team of all time….you know…the team that cleaned up 2 Euros and a WC…without…Messi… surprise surprise.

Messi stayed in Barca because he was scared to leave, you can see in Argentina he was a lesser player then the Barca version.

Messi has had more big games shrinks and loss leads then I can remember from a goat level player and he has not had enough of those games where you carry a team back almost single-handedly. Ronaldo has MULTIPLE of those. Ronaldo also has DOUBLE the KO round goals then Messi in the CL. It’s not even remotely close in the CL! Also a 3 peat CL win…..something Messi could never do even though he has had better teams.

You talk about 7 Balon d or when everyone knows Lewa should has won last one and iniesta or Sneijder in 2010. Also Ronaldo got robbed of one that went to luka when he went to Juve and because of rape Allegations.

Look at Messi and his struggles in ligue 1 of all leagues and at 34….. 34 year old Ronaldo in PSG wins the CL.

“Ronaldo struggles show he needs a great team” you mean a 37 year old Ronaldo? That’s how great he is that your saying a 37 year old Ronaldo can’t win a CL.

Ronaldo with Portugal has qualified for EVERY competition (was not like this before him)

3 finals 2 wins, 2 semi finals in world cups and euros. Only ever trophies won by Portugal was worn Ronaldo.

Messi finally won a copa after a million tries because the copa is such a weak competition that in every final Brazil or Argentina are their. That’s how much of a Quality gap their is. The fecking nations league is more competitive and hold more weight then the Copa. Also let’s not forget how mentally weak Messi is that he RETIRED from his national team after HE missed the penalty that made him lose. That’s just the weakest thing I’ve ever seen. This alone disqualifies him. Intangibles like that are VERY important when determining greatness and one thing is for sure…you can say Messi is better then Ronaldo (that’s personably preference) but one thing that is not debatable is Ronaldo is a GREATER player. Better and greater are two very different things.

This is what’s called murder with words. Goodnight.
I still haven't heard a single explanation from a Ronaldo fan how an elite goal scorer can be comparable to an elite playmaker+dribbler who also scores as many goals as the best strikers in the game.

-- Portugal not qualifying for every major tournament before Ronaldo. Have you ever thought of the possibility that the number of teams for EC were increased from 8 to 16 and now 24)) and WC from 24 to 32 in 1998. These days even teams like Iceland, North Macedonia, Turkey are regularly qualifying for such tournaments, does not show anything.

-- Messi won a Copa, a cup that Argentina could not win for 28 years, a cup that Argentina could only win 3 times in 62 years. A cup that even Maradona was not able to win losing to Uruguay in Buenos Aires in semis in 1987. Guess what football is a team sport. He already was chosen twice as the MVP in Copa.

-- Mighty EC winners Portugal showed their true power against South Americans by losing to Chile in 2017 and Uruguay in 2018 WC. Put Portugal in Copa, they will mightily suffer. Ronaldo has like 1 goal in 11 games against South Americans, so impressive..

- But, yeah, definitely Ronaldo brought the cup playing for like 10 minutes in the final against France in the jammiest EC ever playing against Poland, Austria, Wales, Hungary, Iceland.. so impressive

-- Mighty Portugal with Ronaldo lost in Lisbon to Greece twice including the EC final, not many things could be as embarrassing as this for a supposed GOAT contender..

-- The guy could not win a single MVP award in 5 EC+4 WC, as I said, even Modric with Croatia, Zagorakis with Greece and Forlan with Uruguay were able to win one, so definitely achievable..

-- Ronaldo missed penalties against Chelsea in CL final, Bayern in CL SF final, against Middlesborough only a couple of weeks ago in FA Cup. If mentality is measured by penalty misses, then Ronaldo is mentally weak too..

-- You seem to have zero understanding of the pressure players like Maradona, Messi has playing with Argentina or R9, Ronaldinho with Brazil.. This is different from playing for Portugal. Expectations from Messi, Maradona, R9 etc. are completely different.

-- Repeating the same old number of goals, KO goals over and over again as that's the only criteria judging players.. According to this logic, Modric did not contribute much to Real's success because they scored way less KO goals. As if playmaking, creation does not matter in football. Luckily, the majority of football fans do not look at the sport this way and places players like Zidane, Maradona, Cruyff, Xavi, Modric among the best regardless of how many they score..

I will repeat one final time, you cannot compare Messi and Ronaldo just on goals.. Ronaldo is substitutable by many others who are prolific amazing goal scorers. Messi, nope, as there is not a guy in football history that has GOAT level playmaking+dribbling+goalscoring skills and won more individual awards than Messi both at club and NT level..

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
--You do not have a better international career by scoring more. That's what best player of the tournaments exist and Ronaldo has zero, he was not able to dominate a single tournament.
-- It is funny all of a sudden you decided to use per game goal ratio for La Liga. Messi has a better goal per game ratio so your 807 vs 759 does not matter as Messi played like 200 games less and playing as a playmaker
-- Using per game goal ratio, there are around 10 players that did better than Ronaldo with the NT including Lukaku
-- Messi has a better CL per game goal ratio
-- Ronaldo could not prove himself as a GOAT level playmaker or dribbler or creator
-- Bigger impact/mentality is nonsense as the guy had a single best player award in La Liga in 9 years, 2 La Liga titles in 9 years, known for ghosting in CL finals and again has zero international tournament best payer award.
-- The only reason why he is having all these all time records is because he is playing tons of games against Luxembourg, Andorra type of teams averaging like 2 goals per game against them. His record against WC winning teams (Germany, Italy, France, Uruguay, Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina) is 7 goals (including 3 penalties) in 30 games, so like 0.23 per game.

More importantly, Messi is a GOAT level playmaker+dribbler+goalscorer, Ronaldo has no business in the creators group of Maradona, Xavi, Zidane, Platini, Cruyff..
Actually game per goal ratio are often used by Messi fans here against Ronaldo superior goal tally, hence I brought it up here. And I did already stated Messi has better career game per goal ratio too, so why are you so afraid to admit Ronaldo has better goal ratio than Messi in La Liga? I don't have any problem with either way.

Also, regarding his international record argument, it has been done to death really. Its a fact that Ronaldo has scored more goals against bigger opponents than anyone over the years, despite scoring alot against minors as well. And lets not pretend Messi hasn't played alot against minors too (against the likes of Nicaragua, Guatemala, Albania, Algeria, Haiti, Panama, Hong Kong, Bolivia etc).

And majority of your points are repetitive and already included in my original arguments. For example, you stated Ronaldo is not as good playmaker or dribbler, but I've already stated Messi is more talented and performs better. This already covers your all your points really. Sure its not necessary to break everything down into minor piece to compare everything in detail? Are you 5 year old? Should I also say Messi could not prove himself as GOAT level winger or header? Whats the point?

Last edited:

Gehrman

Actually game per goal ratio are often used by Messi fans here against Ronaldo superior goal tally, hence I brought it up here. And I did already stated Messi has better career game per goal ratio too, so why are you so afraid to admit Ronaldo has better goal ratio than Messi in La Liga? I don't have any problem with either way.

Also, regarding his international record argument, it has been done to death really. Its a fact that Ronaldo has scored more goals against bigger opponents than anyone over the years, despite scoring alot against minors as well. And lets not pretend Messi hasn't scored alot against minors too.

And majority of your points are repetitive and already included in my original arguments. For example, you stated Ronaldo is not as good playmaker or dribbler, but I've already stated Messi is more talented and performs better. This already covers your all your points really. Sure its not necessary to break everything down into minor piece to analyse everything in detail? Should I also say Messi could not prove himself as GOAT level winger or header? Whats the point?
Ronaldo has mostly scored against the big nt teams while they were way past their best. Credit to his pens against France though.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo has mostly scored against the big nt teams while they were way past their best. Credit to his pens against France though.
This is difficult to argue for or against, and this could apply to everyone else too, to be fair.

NewYorkRed

This has always been the most stupid debate and the fan-boyism on both sides is beyond me. If a thread could give you eye cancer this would be it.

Guys, they’re pro athletes who don’t care about your existance. Why do people feel the urge to defend either to the death? Its okay to think one is better than the other and then leave it at that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Literally as soon as Xavi and Iniesta left - all I ever saw season after season was this..

(Real Madrid 3-1) agg 3-2. 21/22"

( PSG vs Barcelona 4-1) agg 5-2 20/21"

(Bayern Munich 8 - 2 Barcelona) 19/20"

(Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona) agg 4-3 18/19"

(As Roma 3-0 Barcelona) 4-4agg Roma win 17/18"

Juventus 3-0 Barcelona (0-0 following game) 16-17"

( Ateltico Madrid 2-0 Barcelona) 3- 2 aggregate Atheltico. 15-16"

Lionel Messi has failed to score or produce an assist in his last nine appearances against Real Madrid.
@carvajal @GatoLoco @Acheron @Iker Quesadillas get in here :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool::drool:

Thank you for this my man :lol::lol::lol:

Braun_wight

In Cuarter Finals, Semifinals and Finals of the Champions League, Ronaldo scored 67 goals. Messi scored 49 goals.

That's a huge difference, and that proves Ronaldo is better, because Ronaldo scores more goals in the big games than Messi. And as we all know, the greatest players of all time are the ones who appear in the big games.

Ronaldo in big games is better than Messi, facts.

Gehrman

I still haven't heard a single explanation from a Ronaldo fan how an elite goal scorer can be comparable to an elite playmaker+dribbler who also scores as many goals as the best strikers in the game.

-- Portugal not qualifying for every major tournament before Ronaldo. Have you ever thought of the possibility that the number of teams for EC were increased from 8 to 16 and now 24)) and WC from 24 to 32 in 1998. These days even teams like Iceland, North Macedonia, Turkey are regularly qualifying for such tournaments, does not show anything.

-- Messi won a Copa, a cup that Argentina could not win for 28 years, a cup that Argentina could only win 3 times in 62 years. A cup that even Maradona was not able to win losing to Uruguay in Buenos Aires in semis in 1987. Guess what football is a team sport. He already was chosen twice as the MVP in Copa.

-- Mighty EC winners Portugal showed their true power against South Americans by losing to Chile in 2017 and Uruguay in 2018 WC. Put Portugal in Copa, they will mightily suffer. Ronaldo has like 1 goal in 11 games against South Americans, so impressive..

- But, yeah, definitely Ronaldo brought the cup playing for like 10 minutes in the final against France in the jammiest EC ever playing against Poland, Austria, Wales, Hungary, Iceland.. so impressive

-- Mighty Portugal with Ronaldo lost in Lisbon to Greece twice including the EC final, not many things could be as embarrassing as this for a supposed GOAT contender..

-- The guy could not win a single MVP award in 5 EC+4 WC, as I said, even Modric with Croatia, Zagorakis with Greece and Forlan with Uruguay were able to win one, so definitely achievable..

-- Ronaldo missed penalties against Chelsea in CL final, Bayern in CL SF final, against Middlesborough only a couple of weeks ago in FA Cup. If mentality is measured by penalty misses, then Ronaldo is mentally weak too..

-- You seem to have zero understanding of the pressure players like Maradona, Messi has playing with Argentina or R9, Ronaldinho with Brazil.. This is different from playing for Portugal. Expectations from Messi, Maradona, R9 etc. are completely different.

-- Repeating the same old number of goals, KO goals over and over again as that's the only criteria judging players.. According to this logic, Modric did not contribute much to Real's success because they scored way less KO goals. As if playmaking, creation does not matter in football. Luckily, the majority of football fans do not look at the sport this way and places players like Zidane, Maradona, Cruyff, Xavi, Modric among the best regardless of how many they score..

I will repeat one final time, you cannot compare Messi and Ronaldo just on goals.. Ronaldo is substitutable by many others who are prolific amazing goal scorers. Messi, nope, as there is not a guy in football history that has GOAT level playmaking+dribbling+goalscoring skills and won more individual awards than Messi both at club and NT level..
Pele. Dunno about awards but he matches him at the very least.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Pele and Maradona played in the a semi amateur football, specially Pele. Nowhere near the tactics of today, the intensity and quickness of the game. A guy like Arjen Robben would demolish every defender in the 80s.
And every defender in the 80s would demolish Robben, literally. He'd probably be finished as a top footballer at 23.

Moreover, they never got tonplay in super teams with 5 times the spending power of 80% of the competition. You can't compare between eras.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Imagine how good they would have been with todays training methods.. They would demolish a guy like Robben.

I always think of this blurry clip when Maradona scores with ease from a kick-off. Not because no ”professional” defence could stop that, but it shows how immensly skilled he was compared to any generation of footballers. You underestimate them - Pelé had a very similiar skill-set to Messi (plus heading).

Gehrman

Seria A in 80's being amateur :lol::lol::lol:

badname

And every defender in the 80s would demolish Robben, literally. He'd probably be finished as a top footballer at 23.

Moreover, they never got tonplay in super teams with 5 times the spending power of 80% of the competition. You can't compare between eras.
Would they, really? First they would have to get close to him. I dont buy of those super supossebly defenders. Even Ancelloti said that Ramos is better than Maldini ever was. Defenders are just way more quicker, athletic and actually technical with the ball than they ever was. Was is the difference of Robben technical as athletic aspects to everyone else of that era. Not gonna even bring Ronaldo and Messi.

badname

Would they, really? First they would have to get close to him. I dont buy of those super supossebly defenders. Even Ancelloti said that Ramos is better than Maldini ever was. Defenders are just way more quicker, athletic and actually technical with the ball than they ever was. has is the difference of Robben technical as athletic aspects to everyone else of that era. Not gonna even bring Ronaldo and Messi.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Would they, really? First they would have to get close to him. I dont buy of those super supossebly defenders. Even Ancelloti said that Ramos is better than Maldini ever was. Defenders are just way more quicker, athletic and actually technical with the ball than they ever was. Was is the difference of Robben technical as athletic aspects to everyone else of that era. Not gonna even bring Ronaldo and Messi.
They weren't better, they were just allowed more things than today's defenders. And that's something that wouldn't go well with injury prone players. With the medical opportunities back then, chances are Robben wouldn't even have recovered from his first major setbacks.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
And Messi's "unique ability" looked more unique sitting on top like a cherry on a cake at Barcelona. A team arguably until Pep and City looked like a unique team in it self - called widely to be the best football team of all time by many many a people.

His Argentina performances were great but no where near as jaw dropping to the things he produced in Spain. Literally as soon as Xavi and Iniesta left - all I ever saw season after season was this..

(Real Madrid 3-1) agg 3-2. 21/22"

( PSG vs Barcelona 4-1) agg 5-2 20/21"

(Bayern Munich 8 - 2 Barcelona) 19/20"

(Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona) agg 4-3 18/19"

(As Roma 3-0 Barcelona) 4-4agg Roma win 17/18"

Juventus 3-0 Barcelona (0-0 following game) 16-17"

( Ateltico Madrid 2-0 Barcelona) 3- 2 aggregate Atheltico. 15-16"

Then there's the :

Lionel Messi has failed to score or produce an assist in his last nine appearances against Real Madrid.

I just can't watch all this stuff and watch this stuff regularly and be calling out for him to be my GOAT.
That’s brutal.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yes, I value peak over consistency, definitely. Ronaldinho had a short peak but for me still is one of the best players of the 21st century. That's basically the definition of "best" - who peaked the highest. You wouldn't have somebody good but significantly worse ahead of him just because he maintained that worse level for his whole career.

And no, it's NOT favouritism of style :rolleyes: This is not about style but influence. Dribbling and passing isn't just about catching eyes, you know. It's the bread and butter, goals are the icing on the cake.
Yeah right. I have seen you share your top ten list. You are heavily biased towards dribblers like Hazard over complete players like Henry. If you have a personal bias, that's fine. You value dribbling a lot more than anything else but don't project that onto the rest of the world claiming they "just don't understand" Messi.

I bet you thought Ronaldo's second goal was a lucky tap in as well.

shamans

He currently has one (or two?) goals in the Uber Eats league. Last seen, he was strolling in the middle of the pitch watching Benzema destroy his team. Yeah, I don't think he's gonna be banging in 20+ a season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah right. I have seen you share your top ten list. You are heavily biased towards dribblers like Hazard over complete players like Henry. If you have a personal bias, that's fine. You value dribbling a lot more than anything else but don't project that onto the rest of the world claiming they "just don't understand" Messi.

Yeah, silly me putting Pele, Maradona, Messi, R9, Cruyff, Best, CR7, Ronaldinho, Zidane etc. in my top 10 of all time list. Really rebellious picks.

And by the way, I don't think Hazard was better than Henry, not at all. I am really wondering where do you get all this ideas from :yawn:

shamans

Yeah, silly me putting Pele, Maradona, Messi, R9, Cruyff, Best, CR7, Ronaldinho, Zidane etc. in my top 10 of all time list. Really rebellious picks.

And by the way, I don't think Hazard was better than Henry, not at all. I am really wondering where do you get all this ideas from :yawn:
Why don't you rank your top 5 then, let alone top 10?

Rojow

They look at less that Messi has not won more UCL without Xavi and Iniesta, HOWEVER, they praise Ronaldo for having practically won by himself, when he also played in the best Madrid of the 21st century. It's a matter of looking at the teams he played for, plus, is everything the UCL nowadays? It seems that local leagues do not exist. Unbelievable that.

Now Madrid has just begun to win Leagues, due to the ineptitude of everything that is already known about the Barcelona board and because at least this year, there has been no competition from the other teams in Spain.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Peel and Ronaldo were not similar. Pele also played in a. Mickey Mouse era of futebol.

Righteous Steps

Messi is more complete they’re both great goalscorers but Mess is a great playmaker also, Henry was the same to a lesser degree a great goal scorer and playmaker.

Righteous Steps

Peel and Ronaldo were not similar. Pele also played in a. Mickey Mouse era of futebol.
No you made a post as if Ronaldo has been the only one with a great left foot, good in the air and can dribble, I just clarified we’ve already had Pele who was complete in every aspect of football and a better playmaker than CR7 also.

Ok I takeit you don’t rate Eusebio and Charlton or George Best either since they played in a Micky mouse era.

SportingCP96

Supports

- Totally so much pressure Messi has in the copa Argentina have won many before him and will 1000% win many after him, especially since either Argentina or Brazil are in the final ever other year. Another sad thing is Messi has consistently had better NT players around him. I wound also say one more thing, Ronaldo in Argentina has at least 3 Copa America’s he would have won the ones Messi lost, because like I said Messi ain’t Ronaldo In those big moments. Also of course Messi will win MVP in Copa who the feck else is their?! Like I said it’s a Mickey Mouse cup, the Nations league is more competitive.

- Portugal would be out of the Euros in the group stage without Ronaldo.

- The fact your holding Euro 04 final against Ronaldo when he was 19! Just proved to me how great you think he is. Thanks!

- I repeat KO goals because that’s the most difficult level of football played in the world with the biggest pressure, the CL knockouts and Ronaldo (because he’s a better big game and moments player) shines while Messi disappears and lets go of 2+ goal leads Consistently. Remind me of one time Ronaldo did that in the CL. Don’t worry I’ll wait.

- Lastly I can’t emphasize this enough, Messi QUIT on his country he fecking QUIT! Showed what we all know which is he is mentally not at the same level he just does not have it because that can’t be taught. I can’t consider someone who quits on their country/team as a GOAT, immediately disqualified.

- Lastly the fact you say Ronaldo is just goals is the weakest argument ever. He is an elite crosser and in his years he was a S tier skiller and dribbler as well as being a great passer.

- Ronaldo started as a out and out winger until 06/07 when he really began adding scoring to his game and he STILL managed 807 career goals (and counting) unheard of.

Lastly We had a Messi before and in Argentina they prefer him to Messi.

Ronaldo is 1/1

SportingCP96

Supports
No you made a post as if Ronaldo has been the only one with a great left foot, good in the air and can dribble, I just clarified we’ve already had Pele who was complete in every aspect of football and a better playmaker than CR7 also.

Ok I takeit you don’t rate Eusebio and Charlton or George Best either since they played in a Micky mouse era.
Yes pele does not have the same attributes or abilities Ronaldo has. For example just one Pele was nowhere near as good as header of the ball, or as fast. Nor did they have the same build. They are nothing a like so as I said

1/1

All of those guys were great in their Era and the last guys you mentioned played in better competition. Do your research and look at the score lines of the games Pele played in with santos in Brazil. 10-0 11-0 12-0 these were CONSISTENT scorelines. No offside and defending was a joke.

I’ll ever degrade a Portuguese legend you maybe have never heard of who has a better scoring ratio then anyone in history. Fernando Peyroteo. Do I mention him or does anyone? No! Because it was in such a weak era of futebol.

Pele played in the baby years of futebol their was not much high level competition especially in Brazil.

Ronaldo and Messi are so far ahead of Pele it’s not even close. Fat Ronaldo was a better player then Pele. In my opinion the best Brazilian player ever produced. Pele though is the first real star in futebol and in his time was differential to everyone else. The guys goals were scored in peoples back yards and friendlies against army’s…. Please don’t mention Pele because he’s not even in this conversation let alone in the same table as Messi and Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.