5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He's not Phil Jones who always gets into risky situations. anything, shouldn't the blame lie somewhere else considering he hardly got injured here at United? yeah just blame him right
I'm actually leaning more to him getting a touch of the Ryan Giggs syndrome when it comes to his international career. I've got nothing to back it up, just a bit of speculative thinking due to how regular this seems to happen.

I want him to play for England at the heart of the midfield three and pulling out of crucial matches makes that less likely to happen.

darioterios

I'm actually leaning more to him getting a touch of the Ryan Giggs syndrome when it comes to his international career. I've got nothing to back it up, just a bit of speculative thinking due to how regular this seems to happen.

I want him to play for England at the heart of the midfield three and pulling out of crucial matches makes that less likely to happen.
he always played whenever coaches bothered to summon him, it's just an unfortunately crap situation.

Kag

he always played whenever coaches bothered to summon him, it's just an unfortunately crap situation.
Well no, not really, that's my point. He has pulled out of the national squad on a few occasions now. And when Hodgson first took charge in 2012 he was told that Carrick was not in the frame for selection by the FA. Carrick's entire international career has been a massive let down but I can't help but feel he hasn't really helped himself, whether it be his actual performances when selected or pulling out of the squad on a regular basis.

darioterios

his actual performances when selected or pulling out of the squad on a regular basis
the first point though I don't personally agree, but I can understand if that's the perception of coaches. But I can't recall he purposefully pulled out regularly at all, other than the 2012 event

Kag

the first point though I don't personally agree, but I can understand if that's the perception of coaches. But I can't recall he purposefully pulled out regularly at all, other than the 2012 event
I'm not saying it's on purpose, how would I know? I just don't think it creates a very good perception of Carrick and his drive to play for the national side. I think this might be the third time in the last couple of years he's pulled out of a squad.

Raw

Is it a serious injury?
Any news?
It's unspecified. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a 'knock' as England already qualified so there's no use risking him. I'd much rather have Smalling come back in that scenario though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Been pleased with him so far. He's played some decent passes and has been one of our better player. Perhaps need to make more incisive passes along with Schweinsteiger if we're going to get a goal, but then it's pretty difficult to create much for the forwards when it's Fellaini you're passing to.

m1y2

he's been good but, we are playing too deep due to Carrick and Sweinsteigger being both too immobile to play a bit higher. You expect us to dominate the game in deep areas but there is absolutely lack of penetration. Poor movement upfront is one thing but lack of legs in midfield is another, Schneiderlin for one of Sweinsteiiger/carrick would bring more of b2b energy and movement in midfield so much needed in this game

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was majestic, best midfielder on the pitch till he was substituted. A couple of great penetrating passes too.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He showed signs today that he's still a top midfielder. He just needs to show it more now

darioterios

He needs to show that he's in top form and then he will play whenever fit enough. Simple
he's 34, playing in a 2-man midfield twice a week is crazy times two to him, how can he show anything? when he is put to do what he specializes in like today, I won't doubt for a second he can still show the best.

Godfather

Was brilliant. Some absolute brilliant passes. Shame we were unable to capitalise on them but he really was great today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Performance has been swept under the carpet a bit. That pass to Darmian in the first half was excellent.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Best performance of season so far for me, done his job well and complimented Schweinsteiger beautifully, couple of lovely passes for Herrera and Darmian too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is still great. :drool:

I actually think van Gaal is saving him bit too much. Taking him off when he is clearly our best player on the pitch is bit harsh, but I won't complain if he stays injury free whole season with that kind of threatment and we have him 100% fit when we need him the most.

Ekeke

I was very happy with his performance, particularly his passing where he was trying to penetrate which isnt always the case.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Excellent game from him. Knew he'd be up for the big game.

The way he intercepts and plays the ball out are really a joy to watch.

I remember when I first saw him live, he was the player that impressed me the most.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's such a quality player. Pretty funny looking back to when I thought we had settled for 2nd place when we bought Carrick and Chelsea got Ballack.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So good yesterday,one of the things I have regularly felt in the last 2 seasons is that Saf kind of wasted his peak years by giving him no support. Now I know wasted isn't probably the right word because we won a lot as a team but I think Carrick had to do so much in those years that we kind of missed out on a lot of his attacking assets

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
So good yesterday,one of the things I have regularly felt in the last 2 seasons is that Saf kind of wasted his peak years by giving him no support. Now I know wasted isn't probably the right word because we won a lot as a team but I think Carrick had to do so much in those years that we kind of missed out on a lot of his attacking assets
He was usually the one to provide the forward impetus even back in those days. I thought SAF used him perfectly and that was one of the reason why we were so successful. Even on RvP season, he was the second best player on the team and was very important player for us.

Obiorahking_

I'm appalled that this thread isn't full from how amazing he was yesterday. His passing, calmness, intelligence on the ball was fantastic. Schneiderlin is going to have big shoes to fill.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm appalled that this thread isn't full from how amazing he was yesterday. His passing, calmness, intelligence on the ball was fantastic. Schneiderlin is going to have big shoes to fill.
No doubt, the penalty Herrera won was half down to Carrick for that pass.

Jerch

I suspect that fans already expect that from him so this is the reason to lack of praise. He is really a classy midfielder.

Sam

It's a crime that he only has 33 caps for England.
Its an absolute disgrace in all honesty.

Those comments a few months ago from Hodgson about Carrick being a good backup for Wilshire were an absolute joke too. I really wish he'd feck England off. They don't deserve him.

Status
Not open for further replies.