5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

suheilsworld

Give it few more games for that Carrick - Basti - Morgan chemistry to work and we shall see our midfield in prime I am sure. Can't wait to see Carrick and Basti spraying jaw dropping passes. We have seen few glimpses of that

darioterios

Those comments a few months ago from Hodgson about Carrick being a good backup for Wilshire
oh don't touch England's next midfield gem (and the hype when he gives a feck about being fit to play)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very good game from him. He and schweinsteiger still need fine tuning but seem a good pair. Wish they were both 5 tears younger.

Eddy_JukeZ

Its an absolute disgrace in all honesty.

Those comments a few months ago from Hodgson about Carrick being a good backup for Wilshire were an absolute joke too. I really wish he'd feck England off. They don't deserve him.
I somehow missed that. My goodness :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Still our best passer of the ball. I thought Bastian might rival him (and he has to be fair) but Carrick just edges it in the passing stakes.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was class this weekend, he is an incredible passer, has a great vision, a great positioning and he had a lot of energy.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The pass for Herrera's penalty was a thing of beauty.

He's the complete opposite of the so called quality English midfielder. No blood and thunder, no last ditch tackles, not even any goals and no media hype. He just subtly dominates and screens the back four while keeping things ticking and getting the team forward.

Riz

Honestly hope he dosnt play against PSV, a 34 year old midfielder should never play two games a week
Thing is I think Bastian needs a rest as well playing 90 minutes for Germany and then 90 minutes against Liverpool. Schneiderlin nailed onto start I would have thought but one of the 2 elderly statesmen will have to as well.

Red_Beans

Thing is I think Bastian needs a rest as well playing 90 minutes for Germany and then 90 minutes against Liverpool. Schneiderlin nailed onto start I would have thought but one of the 2 elderly statesmen will have to as well.
Bit of a pickle that. We could make the revolutionary move of only playing one holding mid? But that's off topic.

LVG obviously will be keeping his players fitness in mind, I guess we will have to trust his lineups

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yeh. It's Bastian that need rest. He's played a lot over the past 10 days.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Vision 79 Positioning 61...
Offtopic but that's misleading. Positioning is referring to "Attacking Positioning" which is obviously low for a CDM while an attacker like Müller has 94. The defensive part of positioning is covered with Interception, where Carrick has 86, so that's quite fair I'd say.
Vision should definitely be in the 80s that's true.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

It's getting weird at this stage. We seemingly never win or play particularly well without him.
He is way more direct than any of our other players, even though he sits Deep he tries passes between the lines getting it fast forward to our players or move the ball fast with a long range pass, because he can.

Also his defensive Work is quite good, he just does it very discretly closing Down passing options and intercepting in a calm manner.

Generally, he just adds much more calmness to our play, a real Deep-lying playmaker.

Sylar

Should have come on for Mata imo. Thought it was the most obvious sub once Fellaini came on and wasnt having an affect on the game. Then push Fellaini and Martial up top, and have Young and Memphis out wide crossing.

SteveW

He is way more direct than any of our other players, even though he sits Deep he tries passes between the lines getting it fast forward to our players or move the ball fast with a long range pass, because he can.

Also his defensive Work is quite good, he just does it very discretly closing Down passing options and intercepting in a calm manner.

Generally, he just adds much more calmness to our play, a real Deep-lying playmaker.
I get that. He's my favourite player pretty much. It still just seems mental that one player however good can have that much say in our results. Surely the team should at least be able to function without him. He wont be around much longer

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I get that. He's my favourite player pretty much. It still just seems mental that one player however good can have that much say in our results. Surely the team should at least be able to function without him. He wont be around much longer
Yeah i know, we shouldn't be dependent upon him, but looking at the stats from last season and this it seems like there is a connection. :lol:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
We lose less games with him on the pitch. This is a fact.

I wonder if Blind could switch to LB and Carrick drop to CB.

NoPace

We lose less games with him on the pitch. This is a fact.

I wonder if Blind could switch to LB and Carrick drop to CB.
I thought we might end the game that way since we had so much possession, with Smalling coming off.

That said, I think we need Carrick to be rotating with Schweinsteiger, assuming the German needs rest to not get hurt again, though that might be nonsense. I'm not a doctor.

Walters_19_MuFc

Missed him big time yesterday. I mean, the amount of times Martial was showing for feet and no one give it him was madness. The few times he did get it, he linked the play well and we looked pretty dangerous. Can't help but think we'd have been a lot more threatening positions had Carrick been on the pitch to ping some passes into him.

Loublaze

ATLien
Give it few more games for that Carrick - Basti - Morgan chemistry to work and we shall see our midfield in prime I am sure. Can't wait to see Carrick and Basti spraying jaw dropping passes. We have seen few glimpses of that
Carrick's pass to Herrera for the penalty against Livershit and Schweinsteiger's pass to Mata (where Mata fecked up) against PSV were really good.

Listar

Fun fact:

8 games played
5 games with Carrick in starting line-up = 5 games won = 100% win rate
3 games without Carrick in starting line-up = 0 games won = 0% win rate

Co-incidence, lucky charm or curses?

Red Stone

Fun fact:

8 games played

That's been going on for so long that it can't be a coincidence. We're a completely different team with him in it.

CG1010

Fun fact:

8 games played

But he did come on as a substitute in two of them? Anyway he is a very important player for us.

Listar

But he did come on as a substitute in two of them? Anyway he is a very important player for us.
He has to be in the starting line-up. Feels like a curse if he is not there then no matter how well we play we will not win, e.g. Newcastle and PSV. Even if you sub him on it is too late as you have angry the gods.

LR7

This significantly reduced win % without him in the team has been going on too long to be down to coincidence, but at 34 he simply cannot play every three days. We need to find a way to win without him.

I wonder if in the games he doesn't start, we should go back to a midfield three of Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Herrera together because any pairing, without Carrick, just doesn't seem to have an optimal balance.

Not really, its always the same with Carrick. Has a good match and gets 10 posts, meanwhile Schweinsteiger will get over 10 pages. He just isn't cool enough to post about.
Very true.

Schweinsteiger has one good game and everyone goes over the moon "OH YES CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S PLAYING FOR US BFS!!"

Carrick has a good game and it's like "Decent game, but needs to do more though passes"

Status
Not open for further replies.