Michael Olise

Redstain

Would hope United are in the running in the future. Different profile to Antony more creative and goes outside and in with good delivery.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I suppose they triggered the very low release clause (reported by many respectable sources) but he rejected them opting for more game time.
More like we were used to get a huge new contract.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bloody hell, between Hall’s sale, Olise’s U-Turn and James’ hamstring injury, this has been a rough day so far for Chelsea fans :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Purely speculation on my part, but agent leaks to force a new contract? It wouldn't be the first time. Is there a release clause though, that's the question.
There has been rumours since May that Palace were working on a £100k/week contract extension with the release clause going up to £50m. Who knows though. I'm sure the club would've wanted to remove that clause completely.

top1whoisman

Scout
Bloody hell, between Hall’s sale, Olise’s U-Turn and James’ hamstring injury, this has been a rough day so far for Chelsea fans :lol:
I'm sure you'll sign a couple of £100m players by the end of the day to make it better. Or at least a few of those 18-year old Brazilians. ;)

top1whoisman

Scout
Parish is a bit weird. The club hasn't announced it but he wanted to do it from his personal account. Seems to like the attention.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure you'll sign a couple of £100m players by the end of the day to make it better. Or at least a few of those 18-year old Brazilians. ;)
Can't be that bad you've sold a player you can now look forward to buying another player for 100 million plus on a 8 year contract.
Okay okay. Point taken . Leave me alone :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So now that he's staying at Palace for another season, is he still a brilliant player or has he become crap...one for the Chelsea fans that :lol:

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Blessing in disguise as good as Olise is. We need another source of goals rather than a creator like this.

Infra-red

Sorry you had to have a day off from signing £50m+ players. I'm sure there will be three or four along tomorrow to make up for it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Good decision, would've been terrible for his development to join chelsea now. A year later, and they would sign some other winger for 100m and he'd be on the bench.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry you had to have a day off from signing £50m+ players. I'm sure there will be three or four along tomorrow to make up for it.
This doesn’t carry the same punch as the first two nearly identical responses like that did. Sorry. Good effort though :)

the_cliff

New release clause, probably around 50-60 mill. Good deal for Palace.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

New release clause, probably around 50-60 mill. Good deal for Palace.
New release clause contains a sell on clause apparently. So yeah great deal for Palace.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
How does that work when you activated his release clause
Player still has to agree to go even if a club triggers a release clause. That’s great leverage in contract negotiations, yes? “Hey, I’ll go to Chelsea if you don’t give me a raise.”

And apparently he’s got that big raise to £100k a week. Smartly played.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
imagine he still goes. :lol:
My guess is he goes to City next summer if he fully recovers from his injury. No chance we go back in for him at a MUCH higher price after this saga.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Blessing in disguise as good as Olise is. We need another source of goals rather than a creator like this.
Ah come on, we all know signing him wouldn't stop you guys from signing another player.

Dazzmondo

Good job Palace. With Olise, Eze and their strong defence they could do well this year. Lerma was a good signing too. Wouldn't rule out getting 10th. Could maybe do with a more reliable striker, but maybe Edouard will show more of his Celtic form this season.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Ah come on, we all know signing him wouldn't stop you guys from signing another player.
I think it would’ve. What we need is someone clinical and who could rotate not only on the RW but can also play centrally as a striker. Olise wasn't that.

I was confused about this link from the moment it started. I could see what the club were thinking but I was skeptical from the start why we’d buy an injured player when we need goals badly NOW.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Player still has to agree to go even if a club triggers a release clause. That’s great leverage in contract negotiations, yes? “Hey, I’ll go to Chelsea if you don’t give me a raise.”

And apparently he’s got that big raise to £100k a week. Smartly played.
Yes but he obviously had an offer from Chelsea - so he rejected you, to stay at Palace.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Yes but he obviously had an offer from Chelsea - so he rejected you, to stay at Palace.
Okay? Good luck to him. No sleep lost for me.

top1whoisman

Scout
I think it would’ve. What we need is someone clinical and who could rotate not only on the RW but can also play centrally as a striker. Olise wasn't that.

I was confused about this link from the moment it started. I could see what the club were thinking but I was skeptical from the start why we’d buy an injured player when we need goals badly NOW.
Then again you probably didn’t need both Caicedo and Lavia, yet you signed them.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Then again you probably didn’t need both Caicedo and Lavia, yet you signed them.
I mean, in the last 6 months we’ve lost 5 CM’s. So Lavia absolutely makes sense.

top1whoisman

Scout
I mean, in the last 6 months we’ve lost 5 CM’s. So Lavia absolutely makes sense.
That’s only because you had 17 of them in the first place. Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Ugochukwu, Gallagher, Santos and Chukwuemeka seems a lot, but that’s just me.

Supports
Chelsea
From what I’ve read it sounds like he did have a release clause, but one that another club should only know about if they blindly bid.

Seems shenanigans have gone on behind the scenes, Chelsea obtained knowledge of the clause which Palace deem can’t have happened without an illegal approach, and Chelsea backed away knowing they did something. Apparently they’re considering reporting us.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
That’s only because you had 17 of them in the first place. Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, Ugochukwu, Gallagher, Santos and Chukwuemeka seems a lot, but that’s just me.
Ugo will 100% be going out on loan and both Gallagher & Carney are naturally #10‘s rather than CM’s.