Michael Olise

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
This is an absolute hammerblow after Wilf going, you have Madueke who is the same age and plays in the same position as MO, what's the strategy there? I have no idea whatsoever how we're going to replace both of them with £35m. It's not looking good.

FerociousCorgis

This is an absolute hammerblow after Wilf going, you have Madueke who is the same age and plays in the same position as MO, what's the strategy there? I have no idea whatsoever how we're going to replace both of them with £35m. It's not looking good.
mctominay could easily cover all 3 positions at once for crystal palace in midfield. He is an absolute stud. Worth the money easy. Buy him for sure.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No strategy from Chelsea. Same scattergun approach as last season.

FerociousCorgis

No strategy from Chelsea. Same scattergun approach as last season.
no idea where they are getting this money from but i guess theyve sold a lot of pure profit players or something. Reminds me of barca levers that keep coming out of nowhere

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aren't Chelsea talking about playing him in the number 10 position? Whenever I saw him for Palace he was cutting in from the right.

He's still a work in progress player for me, Eze is more advanced at prem at this point in time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Same position but different profiles I guess. Madueke likes to hug the touchline and go down the outside. Olise, from what I've seen, likes that too to an extent but is much more adept at coming inside and being creative through the middle. Madueke is also very injury prone.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So how exactly this would work ?

Sterling - Enzo - Olise
Lavia - Caicedo

??

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Plucky Chelsea definitely needed this. Lacking in the signing dept.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Amad or Pellestri on loan?

GlasgowCeltic

are Palace skint?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
are Palace skint?
We're always among the lowest spenders in the league so relative to some in this batsh*t crazy league we're absolutely brassic, yeah.

That said, I'm sure the club knew this was coming a few days/weeks back and have been working on replacements. I expect at least a winger and a striker to come in, maybe even two wingers. When we spend anything we tend to spend it very well so just got to trust the club to do the same again now. Right now our first choice front 3 is Schlupp Edouard Ayew, that's got relegation written all over it. The rest of the squad has never been stronger though.

Raw

Great signing and at a great price. I imagine he'll slot in at right wing, don't think they have any in their squad?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I am always so envious of Chelsea. Might be a clown show but at least they try.

Supports
Chelsea
@Shipperley What happened to Lewis Hall on loan to you lot? You were talking about struggling to find a replacement for Zaha/Olise but think Hall could actually be a good option on the wing for you, rather than fullback. Has a little bit of the young Bale in him when he was playing at left back. Could see him moving up in the future.

CallyRed

Chelsea buttered Palace up by letting Lewis-Hall join on loan.
They are playing real life Football Manager*, but after going into edit mode and giving yourself a billion pound war chest

*I last played FM in 2009

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
@Shipperley What happened to Lewis Hall on loan to you lot? You were talking about struggling to find a replacement for Zaha/Olise but think Hall could actually be a good option on the wing for you, rather than fullback. Has a little bit of the young Bale in him when he was playing at left back. Could see him moving up in the future.
gone quiet, bit of talk yesterday that it had stalled, either because you were using him as leverage to sign Olise (I doubt that due to a release clause, it's binary) or because Newcastle were sniffing about with a £30m offer. Hopefully you'll do us a favour and not charge us a loan fee...but I doubt it :)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Difficult period of the day for the fans.
The dopamine hits wears off quicker for us when we get it so often. A transfer could last a regular transfer muppet maybe a few months. With us it’s just minutes now.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Sterling and Mudryk as LW options. Olise and Madueke as RW options. Seems pretty straightforward to me as a Chelsea fan. Don’t know what’s with all the “where the hell will he even play?!” stuff.

But I AM surprised we’ve moved for him now when what we badly need is another goal scorer to rotate with Nico Jackson. Could we not have waited until January to get Olise once he’s recovered from his bad injury? Perhaps the club felt we had to pull the trigger ASAP or else City would get him had we waited.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Sterling and Mudryk as LW options. Olise and Madueke as RW options. Seems pretty straightforward to me as a Chelsea fan. Don’t know what’s with all the “where the hell will he even play?!” stuff.

But I AM surprised we’ve moved for him now when what we badly need is another goal scorer to rotate with Nico Jackson. Could we not have waited until January to get Olise once he’s recovered from his bad injury? Perhaps the club felt we had to pull the trigger ASAP or else City would get him had we waited.
When is Broja due? Still think Boehly has an Oshimen calibre in him yet. Although I haven‘t seen Jackson that much, maybe they deem him + Broja sufficent, age wise and the profiles would fit.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Would rather sign a player when they aren't injured. We've seen first hand what hamstring and achilles injuries have done to our players in the last few years. Assuming the release clause is still in place in January, I don't know why we aren't waiting to see how he is when he returns from his injury.

Abraxas

He's a talented player but still a fair way off coming to fruition at this point. He looks better than what he actually produces.

mav_9me

He's a talented player but still a fair way off coming to fruition at this point. He looks better than what he actually produces.
11 assists in a poor attack last season. Assists per 90 at 0.3, which is 93rd percentile.