Michael Olise

E-mal

Chelsea are building a good young team with technical skills and physicality, little of this could be said for us at the moment

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Sterling - Nkunku (when fit) - Oliseh

Enzo - Lavia - Caicedo
It's not bad but Gallagher might be better than Lavia and I could see Jackson staying up front with Nkunku and Sterling either side.

Abraxas

11 assists in a poor attack last season. Assists per 90 at 0.3, which is 93rd percentile.
Yeah but he's an attacking player. His goals record is abysmal.

He's got the talent but he'll need to produce more regularly and score more if he's going to make a big impact at a club like Chelsea otherwise he won't last long. He'll be out the door and someone for 100 million in!

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
It's not bad but Gallagher might be better than Lavia and I could see Jackson staying up front with Nkunku and Sterling either side.
Agree on Jackson, he'll score double figures this season. Sterling should drop out if we can find the goals because he offers much less in duels and creativity than the likes of Madueke and Olise. Gallagher is an asset to have on the bench for sure. But I think if Poch plays 3 in the midfield it will be similar to his pre-PSG teams and Lavia will be a 6 with Caicedo. Gallagher should only be there in a pinch or otherwise play as an 8/10.

Oranges038

When is Broja due? Still think Boehly has an Oshimen calibre in him yet. Although I haven‘t seen Jackson that much, maybe they deem him + Broja sufficent, age wise and the profiles would fit.
October, but he'll have maternity leave and the whole recovery thing after is another issue altogether.

Should be back by the start of next season all going well.

Ekeke

Will be interesting to see this new Chelsea 11 made up of CBs, Left Backs, Midfielders and Nkunku as the only forward

mav_9me

He's got the talent but he'll need to produce more regularly and score more if he's going to make a big impact at a club like Chelsea otherwise he won't last long. He'll be out the door and someone for 100 million in!
You said he doesn't produce enough. I pointed out he did produce assists. Yes he can improve goalscoring, but then he is only 21, not the finished product, and only costing 35m£. You don't think Chelsea will be happy if has 10-15 assists?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

You said he doesn't produce enough. I pointed out he did produce assists. Yes he can improve goalscoring, but then he is only 21, not the finished product, and only costing 35m£. You don't think Chelsea will be happy if has 10-15 assists?
A goal or assist every 195 minutes is hardly poor for a team like Palace, especially for a player debuting in the PL during his age 19 and age 20 seasons.

Abraxas

I think they need attackers scoring goals with the makeup of their team because it lacks real out and out scorers. Obviously he won't be the main one to be relied upon but they will certainly need goals from the wide players.

I'm not saying he's a poor player or even bad value. It looks a fair price for a talented technical winger, just saying 1 season laying on a few assists isn't enough for a wide player at a top club. He'll have to break lines, make those far post runs and ultimately score more to last at a big club.

sincher

Agree on Jackson, he'll score double figures this season. Sterling should drop out if we can find the goals because he offers much less in duels and creativity than the likes of Madueke and Olise. Gallagher is an asset to have on the bench for sure. But I think if Poch plays 3 in the midfield it will be similar to his pre-PSG teams and Lavia will be a 6 with Caicedo. Gallagher should only be there in a pinch or otherwise play as an 8/10.
If he can find any kind of form, and he was good against Liverpool, Sterling is a level above either Madueke or Olise.

I think a midfield 3 of Lavia, Caicedo and Enzo is good defensively but really lacks goals, where you definitely need midfield to be chipping in. Gallagher at least gets forward more.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
If he can find any kind of form, and he was good against Liverpool, Sterling is a level above either Madueke or Olise.

I think a midfield 3 of Lavia, Caicedo and Enzo is good defensively but really lacks goals, where you definitely need midfield to be chipping in. Gallagher at least gets forward more.
Not in the areas I've mentioned so it really depends on the output of the team. Madueke is stronger, quicker, better 1v1, better defensively, will create more for the team. However, if you need goals and superior movement off the ball, Sterling is the obvious choice.

Again it depends on what the team's output can be and that depends on fitness as well. James and Chilwell more than make up for any midfield's lack of goals but they need to stay fit. And I'd expect Enzo to contribute more as he plays further forward - it's important to acknowledge that he's only now playing in his best position and in a functioning team. Gallagher you potentially lose midfield control and creativity if he starts. But if Reece-Chilwell are injured again, Gallagher may be needed.

Plastic Evra

Supposedly they were preparing another bid for Wahi but the player may be getting cold feet and uncertain if he really has a place in the project.

sincher

Because you need a really, really good memory to remember all the players they've signed in the past 2 years. I'm sorry I missed one
I am just disappointed that you didn't write this as 'I'm sorry Nic Jackson, you are for real'

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Sterling is not better than Olise. Sterling made his bread as a trailer of the action. Every time he got the ball in a promising position he kicked it out of bounds, dribbled it straight into a defender, crossed it into the first defender (I mean head down you can literally see him not looking at where he’s kicking it).

Olise is a creator. Sterling is more finisher… and he hasn’t been excellent in that capacity either. Olise can also play as a more attack minded member of a midfield. He didn’t always play as a forward attacker… so keep that in mind with his stats.

City and a few other teams had high interest in Olise as well.

Last year we took a ton of $it for looking at Anthony Gordon. Now he’s playing well for Newcastle and people are like “nobody saw that coming !!!”

uhmmmm…we did.

I trust the group that is now in place They haven’t just been making good picks, they’ve been making picks that specifically fit our team in different ways.

They had a bunch of potential targets, including Kudus… and they chose Olise. So I’m gonna have faith.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I am just disappointed that you didn't write this as 'I'm sorry Nic Jackson, you are for real'
Ahhhh so THATS how they are using that song for him. I heard they were using it but couldn’t picture how. Clever

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Supposedly they were preparing another bid for Wahi but the player may be getting cold feet and uncertain if he really has a place in the project.
I was under the impression they considered him Someone that would be immediately loaned back out to Strassbourg.

I don’t think that’s ever been a secret.

I think people are confused by he pitch fit our project as well. Obviously if you sign 6 players for each spot, fill out satellite teams in the structure, and fill the academies as well … then not everyone is going g to play for Chelsea.

What they are envisioning is a well-structured development system that has a detailed plan for the development of each player, and allows them to make more money than they normally would developing at a Lille, Southampton, or Brighton. They will have teams designed to promote them, create image profiles, market for them as well.

The end result should be system that has a high success rate of putting out high earning professionals: hopefully starting for Chelsea. But if not, then starting for somewhere high up the footballing ladder.

That’s what young players care about:“can you help me become s high earning professional”

Ironically, Chelsea was already pretty good at this, but what the new owners found is that it could be improved greatly and taken up some levels. The Chelsea system was designed to sell and loan players, but not with plans for how they could reach the first team, or be at s higher level when sold. In short, we could do better.

Wahi has a ton of promise. If he sticks to the plan he could become our starting attacker. If he follows the plan, is playing at a good level, but just hasn’t reached the point where they feel he’s at the level Chelsea need, then they find him a good level team he CAN start for eventually.

It’s not complicated really.

But Wahi isnt looking at this like “Chelsea have told me I can play if I sign for them, but I’m not sure” … our pitches aren’t that basic.

Clearlake was quite shocked that more teams didn’t seem to see the value in investing in a large scale player development system.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
2005 all over again. Except they don’t have Jose at his peak. Hopefully despite this mental spending spree they win feck all

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I was under the impression they considered him Someone that would be immediately loaned back out to Strassbourg.

I don’t think that’s ever been a secret.

I think people are confused by he pitch fit our project as well. Obviously if you sign 6 players for each spot, fill out satellite teams in the structure, and fill the academies as well … then not everyone is going g to play for Chelsea.

What they are envisioning is a well-structured development system that has a detailed plan for the development of each player, and allows them to make more money than they normally would developing at a Lille, Southampton, or Brighton. They will have teams designed to promote them, create image profiles, market for them as well.

The end result should be system that has a high success rate of putting out high earning professionals: hopefully starting for Chelsea. But if not, then starting for somewhere high up the footballing ladder.

That’s what young players care about:“can you help me become s high earning professional”

Ironically, Chelsea was already pretty good at this, but what the new owners found is that it could be improved greatly and taken up some levels. The Chelsea system was designed to sell and loan players, but not with plans for how they could reach the first team, or be at s higher level when sold. In short, we could do better.

Wahi has a ton of promise. If he sticks to the plan he could become our starting attacker. If he follows the plan, is playing at a good level, but just hasn’t reached the point where they feel he’s at the level Chelsea need, then they find him a good level team he CAN start for eventually.

It’s not complicated really.

But Wahi isnt looking at this like “Chelsea have told me I can play if I sign for them, but I’m not sure” … our pitches aren’t that basic.

Clearlake was quite shocked that more teams didn’t seem to see the value in investing in a large scale player development system.
Wtf did I just read

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Wtf did I just read
An explanation of “the project”, which I think people, in lack of understanding, only involves selling people on playing for Chelsea.

Their designs for creating and using a talent pipeline system are much larger than that … similar in scope to their baseball model.

So when I see someone say the Wahi deal was breaking down because he didn’t see his place in the project (ie an implication that Chelsea is full) it seems odd, especially when we were always discussing him as a purchase for immediate loan.

So I thought I might be kind enough to explain it.

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Olise was always going to be off the moment a top 6 side valued him at his release fee. But i am surprised hes agreed to chelseas long contract trick.

Red Star One

Good decision for him to reject Chelsea IMO, I've been hyping up Olise for a while now and I think he need another season of playing as many minutes as possible. I rate him the highest of all Palace players in a long while and think he can command a much higher fee and a better negotiating position next summer. Smart lad with bright future ahead.

Red Star One

What's happened there? Was he even close to signing for Chelsea or was it just media rubbish?
I suppose they triggered the very low release clause (reported by many respectable sources) but he rejected them opting for more game time.

bstb3

Purely speculation on my part, but agent leaks to force a new contract? It wouldn't be the first time. Is there a release clause though, that's the question.