Gaming Microsoft Xbox One

JP77

No. I never read anything similar to that.

What's this then?

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Is that somewhere along the same lines? I don't use steam so I'm not sure. Some are discussing the possibility of people being able to play one of your games while you're also playing one of your games at the same time. That'd be a neat little feature if true.

vanthaman

Winner
This "entertainment" system is a complete fecking joke. I've always been an Xbox guy but I'm actually throwing around the thought of doing the unthinkable and buying a PS4, or just upgrade the PC and stick with that. MS has dropped the ball big time.
The more I think about it, the more I'm edging towards PS4

When I look at the current generation, although I prefer my 360 and it has been my main console for 3rd party games, there's not a lot of reasons why, other than I got it before PS3 so have bought 90% of multi format games for it mainly due to achievements, as trophies weren't around at the time, I don't care about the achievement score I just like them for replayability and to make you do things you wouldn't normally do or look for in a game.

When I look at exclusive games I've much preferred the ps3 ones like uncharted, mgs4, heavy rain, and will obviously enjoy last of us and beyond two souls. I don't like gears of war, Halo is alright but wouldn't miss is, in fact the only xbox exclusive I can think of that I'd miss if my xbox died would be Trials Evolution.

Then I look at the online systems, yes xbox live is probably better overall, however I'm not really a fan of multiplayer, in fact I tend to try it for about a week then don't bother again for that game. At least with PsPlus you get free games.

The only thing I do prefer is the controller on the 360, can't stand the ps3s R2 and L2 shoulder buttons and prefer the chunkier feel of the Xbox.

Also I have no interest in Kinect, I game in my bedroom so there's no room anyway and motion gaming doesn't appeal at all, and I never voice chat so there's no way I'm gonna Skype someone while playing

Think I'm ready to jump off the fence and joint #TeamWeaste but will wait to see what E3 brings before definitely deciding.

Sorry for rabbiting on

vanthaman

Winner
What's this then?

Is that somewhere along the same lines? I don't use steam so I'm not sure. Some are discussing the possibility of people being able to play one of your games while you're also playing one of your games at the same time. That'd be a neat little feature if true.
They can play it but you can't at the same time

There's a nice little article here that explains it better

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/411703/blog/xbox-one-a-plain-english-guide-to-game-ownership/

JP77

vanthaman

Winner
Cheers mate.

What I meant though is that somebody else can play one of your games while you play a different one. So if I own Fifa and say Tiger Woods, a family/friend member can be playing Tiger while I play Fifa. Is that right or am I mistaken?
Yea I think that's correct, you can name up to 10 (?) people to have access to your library

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
All the people shitting on MS for used games are going be disappointed when Sony pull the same shit. I would prefer to stay on Xbox, but the thing that concerns me is the alleged difference in performance between the two consoles. And I don't think MS getting this titan game as an exclusive will make much of a difference. COD will stay as the king of multiplayer.
Or.... Let me just throw this out there...we could all just feck off games.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I feel much better about not being able to rent/sell/trade games now that I've realised you can share them with up to 10 friends. Games that we won't play online together we can just split the money and work out times between us. Not ideal, especially for people who don't have that option but something to take away from this for me.

pauldyson1uk

Just read this on BBC website, part of a bigger article.

The company has now said in a statement that games can be traded in, but only at "participating retailers".
Games can be freely passed on to friends, Microsoft added, but only once.
"Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends," the statement said.
"There are no fees charged as part of these transfers.
"There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I feel much better about not being able to rent/sell/trade games now that I've realised you can share them with up to 10 friends. Games that we won't play online together we can just split the money and work out times between us. Not ideal, especially for people who don't have that option but something to take away from this for me.
That's what microsoft (sony too I suspect) and publishers hope to happen (and will happen in the end)... People to actually find reasons to be thankful that the restrictions aren't "that bad". The future is bright.

I personally won't be buying anything that requires constant online connection and that can't be resold whenever and wherever I want. Even if it means I won't be playing games anymore. feck this shit.

Revan

Assumptionman
I personally won't be buying anything that requires constant online connection and that can't be resold whenever and wherever I want. Even if it means I won't be playing games anymore. feck this shit.

The PC thing is pretty great for gaming. While you can't resell games, there are Steam offers when game prices are very cheap.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That's what microsoft (sony too I suspect) and publishers hope to happen (and will happen in the end)... People to actually find reasons to be thankful that the restrictions aren't "that bad". The future is bright.

I understand where you're coming from.. but this isn't a restriction with possibilities.

Is this a new addition. You've never been able to share your game library before for others to play. For some people, that could save them money and stop the need for having to buy some second hand games anyway.

I'm really interested to see how this works in the EU. Like someone pointed out earlier the EU recently ruled against this license bollocks. They can't block a resale of a used license.
I really hope they address this at E3, but I doubt it. Infact, I imagine it'll never be addressed until it comes out.. mostly people will just deal with it or get a PS4, but hopefully there will be some HERO that challenges it.

If only I had the balls..

EvilChuck

Apparently Microsoft are paying publishers not to show their multiformat games on PS4 in order to try and play down the whole 'PS4 is for gamers' thing

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Apparently Microsoft are paying publishers not to show their multiformat games on PS4 in order to try and play down the whole 'PS4 is for gamers' thing
There was something on reddit the other day where they found an account that was made the day after the Xbox One reveal and all he had posted since then was positive things about it. Like they just hired somebody to do that :lol: Seems to be quite a few underhanded and cheap tactics from them which is odd.

Skywarden

There was something on reddit the other day where they found an account that was made the day after the Xbox One reveal and all he had posted since then was positive things about it. Like they just hired somebody to do that :lol: Seems to be quite a few underhanded and cheap tactics from them which is odd.

It's a somewhat unknown business practice in the gaming industry. They (companies) hire people/trolls and unleash them with the intent of either putting themselves in a better light or sabotaging competitors' images.

Leg-End

Not a good price, add in gold subscription and your heading towards £500+ with a game.

Get a 2nd job!

Castia

Price could be an issue but they are always expensive on release.
Other than that it was a good presentation (when the sound didn't go off...). They also put to bed the thought of all their exclusives being crappy kinect games.

Skywarden

It costs as much as a bloody gaming PC. You know you're doing it wrong when you pas that threshold.

Cina

£429 gets you a very shit gaming PC. A lot of graphics cards are way over £429.

A lot? More like the absolute top end that are completely overkill.

You can build a pretty good gaming PC for €500 nowadays.

Castia

Aren't new consoles always around the £400 mark? pretty sure iv paid something like that the last 2 generations.

walsh

If the PS4 is as much as the Xbox then I'll almost certainly be waiting a year or so for a price drop. My PC is last gen, this gen and next gen, I'm not being held to ransom.

DFreshKing

Not a good price. The games I want are on PC and will look better on my current machine.

Some good things to make me keep the old 360 for a while though.

Will be a late entrant to this gen I think.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
A bit pricey, but then with the kinect built in we all knew it wouldn't be cheap. Either way I wasn't going to be buying on any time soon. It will need plenty of price drops before I give it a proper look

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I'm never going to buy a Xbox One, what's the point if it needs an internet connection everyday, which is something I can't provide here, so not even after the price drop.