Gaming Microsoft Xbox One

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The price, no obligatory daily internet connection, a "normal" system of lending games.. People would take fanboyism to unhealthy levels if they choose the xbox one over the PS4.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Well i literally have no idea who xbox's target market is anymore. As a reasonably loyal Xbox gamer, there is simply no way I will be buying it over the ps4 when it appears to offer so little in comparison. Surely MS must change something in the coming weeks. They've tried to appeal to more people with adding in so much pointless things and their price is just going to be most people off.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
So how much is the rock?

If you act now, I can service you a classic deluxe custom designer luxury prestige high-quality premium select gourmet rock. Offer good while supplies last. Price on serious inquiry.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
The rock can keep away tigers as well. I bet the XBox can't do that!

Pscholes18

Microsoft to gamers: No internet? Buy a 360

By Chris Morris | Plugged In – 2 hours 44 minutes ago
(Credit: Microsoft)
Microsoft seems to be making a habit out of shooting itself in the foot.
With gamers still smarting over the company’s $499 pricing announcement for the Xbox One, the head of the Xbox division has ruffled more feathers in addressing concerns about the system’s demand for a internet connection.
"We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity - it's called Xbox 360," Don Mattrick told Geoff Keighley on GameTrailers.

While Mattrick was likely attempting to point out that Microsoft will continue to support its existing console for some time, the somewhat flippant nature of his comment came across as dismissive to the fans who have voiced concerns about the system’s need to check in online every 24 hours.
With internet connectivity becoming ubiquitous throughout the country -- and many parts of the world (at least, the ones Microsoft is targeting with the Xbox One) -- the company thinks some of the outcry over the requirement is overstated.
“When I read the blogs and they talked about who’s really most impacted, it was a person who said ‘Hey, I’m on a nuclear sub’,” said Mattrick. “I don’t even know what it means to be on a nuclear sub, but I’ve got to imagine it’s not easy to get an Internet connection.”
Despite the PR tempest, Microsoft says pre-orders for the Xbox One are strong. Amazon has told the company that it has nearly sold out of its initial allocation of units (though how large that allocation is was not disclosed).
And Yusuf Mehdi, SVP of the Interactive Entertainment Business, told Yahoo! Games that while the Xbox One will cost more than the PS4, the company believes consumers will look beyond the price tags.
“It isn’t just about price,” he says. “It’s about value. It’s the value for the price. What I believe is we have incredible value for the price we’re offering our system. And I think it’s unmatched compared to other things.”

FFS.

Hal9000

M$ disabled the comments section from the official Xbox facebook page. :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It isn't about the price :wenger: They dare to say that in these really tough times worldwide.People have become more cautious than ever when it comes to buying stuff.

vanthaman

Winner
The more I read the worse it gets

Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).

Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.

Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.

Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.

Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
Additional requirements will apply.

Recommended Minimum Play Space:

Single player about 4 ft. 7 in. (1.4 m) from sensor. Two players about 6 ft. (1.8m) from sensor. Play space will vary by game, application, sensor placement, and other factors.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

Xbox One Day One Edition entertainment system & Xbox One Day One Edition games:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last.

Day One Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last. Includes Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct, for use only with Xbox One; both expected to be released in November 2013. Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One. Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

---

So you need 4 1/2 ft space to play single player, meaning a lot of people won't be able to play them in bedrooms

Hal9000

Think that play space will be for Kinect games/features and it's only a recommendation for the sensor to pick up movement correctly. It will be the same with the 360 Kinect. Very much doubt the Xbox One will stop you playing if it does not like the dimensions of your room.

Leg-End

They are re-writing the rulebook on how to completely feck up a console launch.

I hope for lovers of games around the world this console is buried good and proper.

beardsleybob

So if you don't live in any of these countries you can't play XBOne?

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Hal9000

Did not realise that the Xbox One does not actually have a TV tuner. So despite all the fancy TV options, you still need to have your relevant set up box with HDMI output plugged into the console for the TV functions to work.

Think they missed a trick, making into a true all-in-one device. Stick a TV tuner in it, and give people the chance to actually use it to replace there freeview/freesat/sky box.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
And don't forget that they consider a 1.5Mbps internet connection as "optimal"...

And they talk of wanting to process data in the cloud, on the fly, as you play a game.

With a 1.5Mbps connection.

Microsoft should not even release the Xbox One.

Zen

My laptop doesn't have a tv tuner......yet it can do everything the xbox one seems to market entertainment wise, or nearly. Legally.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
You need to have a HD tv? This just isn't smart marketing.