Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/prem...s-been-arrested-on-suspicion-of-rape-12651626

Actually can’t believe what I’m reading here? What an awful example to set and shocking by the club.

United handled the Greenwood allegations quickly and decisively. Exactly what I would expect from a big club to which millions see it’s players and staff as role models.

Not sure what this says about ‘The Arsenal’ but it sure isn’t pretty.

Disgusting.
Your post will be removed as we're not allowed to discuss it.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Interesting that you want it removed and you don’t have any view on your club?

The post doesn’t name anyone so I wouldn’t worry.
I wrote out a big reply but deleted it because I've had several posts already removed from this thread on the subject.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Sorry, I must be forgetting all of your superstar signings of the last 5 years that have lived up to the hype? I probably misread that Pogba left on a free after achieving sod all and Ronaldo wants away after one whole season. I don't hear much about Sanchez these days but I presume he's working hard in the engine room for Man Utd. Wikipedia says he scored 5 goals in 45 games for Man Utd (vs 80 in 166 for Arsenal) but that must be an error.

Seriously, which of your players are walking into the City/Liverpool squads? Same as Arsenal, not many.
You’re confusing players ability with miss management. Not surprised a significant amount of Utd fans do it to our own players too.
Varane, Bruno, Sancho, Maguire, Rashford, Shaw, De Gea, Ronaldo are all better and more talented than most players in that arsenal squad. Under a competent coach (which we now have) many of them will show a much truer level. To Arsenals credit you have a lot of young players but currently that’s all they really are, future hopes. Many of those Utd players have shown a level only matched by those at Chelsea, Liverpool, and City, thus why we finished third, then second and have remained comfortably above arsenal bar our worst ever season.

TheReligion

Abusive
It'll get deleted but the big difference between Greenwood's case and that of the likes of Ronaldo, Hudson Odoi etc is the recordings that were leaked that have pretty damning evidence and already swayed public view.
Nothing to do with public view though. It’s about doing the right thing.

The player should be suspended as they would be in any other workplace.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/prem...s-been-arrested-on-suspicion-of-rape-12651626

Actually can’t believe what I’m reading here? What an awful example to set and shocking by the club.

United handled the Greenwood allegations quickly and decisively. Exactly what I would expect from a big club to which millions see it’s players and staff as role models.

Disgusting.
No charges have been laid nor is there tangible evidence. With Greenwoods case he was caught on record.

From what ive read the accusations against Partey will be tossed and he wont even be 'officially' named as the player arrested.

TheReligion

Abusive
Perhaps the club knows more information than you and I to make a more informed decision. Not saying any more on it, deleted my last post as well.
The know he’s being investigated for two very serious allegations and have done absolutely nothing.

Frankly it’s a disgrace.

Anyway I’ll leave you to discuss the 11 point finish ahead of United trophy whilst your club sits in the mud.

TheReligion

Abusive
No charges have been laid nor is there tangible evidence. With Greenwoods case he was caught on record.

From what ive read the accusations against XXX will be tossed and he wont even be 'officially' named as the player arrested.
Suggest you remove the name. No charges are laid on Greenwood either. They are both being investigated. The situation legally is identical.

And if that’s the case why not suspend him and do the right thing whilst it gets sorted out?

Embarassing.

Tavern in the town

From what ive read the accusations against # will be tossed and he wont even be 'officially' named as the player arrested.
Where on earth could you have read this?

TheReligion

Abusive
The basic legal process in this country is innocent until proven guilty, and like I say, they'll have a lot more info than you and I as to what the accusations and charges might be, like Ronaldo, like Hudson Odoi, like Bissouma, and like many more before them.
Again I’m well aware. Ultimately your club has decided to do absolutely nothing to a member of staff accused of two allegations of rape.

It’s astonishing really. Quite the stain on the club.

He should be suspended until the investigation is concluded.

Tavern in the town

The basic legal process in this country is innocent until proven guilty, and like I say, they'll have a lot more info than you and I as to what the accusations and charges might be, like Ronaldo, like Hudson Odoi, like Bissouma, and like many more before them.
Means absolutely nothing. Less than nothing. In this country fewer than 1% of reported rapes lead to conviction. Surely that should tell you something.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
As it stands come matchday 1 we will probably field

Ramsdale
Tomiysau White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Zinchenko
Saka Odegaard Martinelli
Jesus

Were definitely a contender for 3rd and 4th
Unfortunently for you guys you have the same issue United had last season and us the one before.

You haven't upgraded on the one area you actually need too.

JDDL

Supports
Arsenal
You’re confusing players ability with miss management. Not surprised a significant amount of Utd fans do it to our own players too.
Varane, Bruno, Sancho, Maguire, Rashford, Shaw, De Gea, Ronaldo are all better and more talented than most players in that arsenal squad. Under a competent coach (which we now have) many of them will show a much truer level. To Arsenals credit you have a lot of young players but currently that’s all they really are, future hopes. Many of those Utd players have shown a level only matched by those at Chelsea, Liverpool, and City, thus why we finished third, then second and have remained comfortably above arsenal bar our worst ever season.
Astonishing that with a statement like this you call Arsenal fans delusional. YouTube is full of Maguire's 'highlight' reels this season, I look at them when I want a laugh. Varane is crocked, Shaw is nothing special, Maguire frankly should be in prison because last season he was criminally poor, De Gea is past his best and has wasted his career when he should have gone to Madrid, Ronaldo is 37 years old and wants away, Rashford is widely mocked by your own fanbase. Bruno has purple patches but has otherwise disappointed.

Delusional indeed!

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Means absolutely nothing. Less than nothing. In this country fewer than 1% of reported rapes lead to conviction. Surely that should tell you something.
I've deleted my posts on the subject, this last full page will be deleted so there's no point in debating something that we have no legal context of and a severe lack of info that the decision makers will have.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Unfortunently for you guys you have the same issue United had last season and us the one before.

You haven't upgraded on the one area you actually need too.
What area is that in your opinion?

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Interesting that you want it removed and you don’t have any view on your club?

The post doesn’t name anyone so I wouldn’t worry.
I can't believe you are comapring the two cases. One is an accusation, the other has overwhelming evidence out in the public domain, which meant Utd had no choice but to act and rightly so.

By your reckoning then, I could have you and every person on this forum removed from their job based on my word. The judicial system will take care of whatever incident there is, much like Bissouma and Ronaldo who have been openly accused in the past. If whoever the player is turns out to have done what they are accused of, you won't ever see him again.

It just sounds to me like you are trying to score points, and take a dig at another club in the most classless way imaginable.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What area is that in your opinion?
The dugout. That lineup with a Conte (I know the formation would change but Tomiysau looks tailor made for a RCB in a back three) incharge would actually have me pretty wary.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The dugout. That lineup with a Conte (I know the formation would change but Tomiysau looks tailor made for a RCB in a back three) incharge would actually have me pretty wary.
Yep, fair do's, and until he proves otherwise everyone is right to think this way.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Astonishing that with a statement like this you call Arsenal fans delusional. YouTube is full of Maguire's 'highlight' reels this season, I look at them when I want a laugh. Varane is crocked, Shaw is nothing special, Maguire frankly should be in prison because last season he was criminally poor, De Gea is past his best and has wasted his career when he should have gone to Madrid, Ronaldo is 37 years old and wants away, Rashford is widely mocked by your own fanbase. Bruno has purple patches but has otherwise disappointed.

Delusional indeed!
Going back to my first and final point. “Arsenal fans are by far the most delusional fans in the league, make the scousers look logical…”

AshRK

A better manager and they will be a strong contender for top 4. They have a decent squad and are again backing Arteta with over £100m plus worth incomings. I don't think he should have any excuse now but I am sure his fans will make many for him.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
A better manager and they will be a strong contender for top 4. They have a decent squad and are again backing Arteta with over £100m plus worth incomings. I don't think he should have any excuse now but I am sure his fans will make many for him.
Why would they?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Still think that unless they sign a top class midfield player (I see they’re linked with SMS from Lazio) that they’ll really struggle in the middle of the park over the course of a grueling 38 match season + Europa League. They’ll once again be one injury to Partey away from being dreadful in central midfield.

I also don’t really rate any of their back 4 as anything better than decent.

They’ll be a very solid side and will look really good in bits, but I definitely don’t see them finishing top 4.

AshRK

Why would they?
What do you mean why would they? You have to ask them. Arsenal have a decent squad to be a strong contender for top 4 but for their manager. I hope they don't make excuse come end of the season. I am sure some will though.

TheReligion

Abusive
I can't believe you are comapring the two cases. One is an accusation, the other has overwhelming evidence out in the public domain, which meant Utd had no choice but to act and rightly so.

By your reckoning then, I could have you and every person on this forum removed from their job based on my word. The judicial system will take care of whatever incident there is, much like Bissouma and Ronaldo who have been openly accused in the past. If whoever the player is turns out to have done what they are accused of, you won't ever see him again.

It just sounds to me like you are trying to score points, and take a dig at another club in the most classless way imaginable.
You totally miss the point and clearly have no idea about the legal system.

Says more about you than I sadly.

mu4c_20le

As it stands come matchday 1 we will probably field

Ramsdale
Tomiysau White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Zinchenko
Saka Odegaard Martinelli
Jesus

Were definitely a contender for 3rd and 4th
Think I stepped into an alternate reality where Tomiyasu is the new Sagna, Partey/Zincheko the new Gilberto/Cesc, Saka and Martinelli the new Pires/Bergkamp, etc

Tavern in the town

I’m not sure what it is but there’s something about them that’s so underwhelming. I’m not sure there’s anyone they could realistically sign that would have thinking they’ll make top 4, especially under Arteta.

AshRK

I’m not sure what it is but there’s something about them that’s so underwhelming. I’m not sure there’s anyone they could realistically sign that would have thinking they’ll make top 4, especially under Arteta.
The Answer is in the title of this thread.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Yes, top four will be a stretch. We have a better chance of making CL through the EL. Needed one really WC signing like Raphinia/SMS to take us up a level. As things stand Spurs, Liverpool and City have better squads than us. Chelsea have the better manager and so do Utd if Ten Hag lives up to his hype.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Zinchenko is the alternative to Martinez. Neither would have made the first 11 with all players fully fit, but their versality at left back and midfield is what's needed. Especially when Tavares is the back up left back to Tierney who has injury problems. Still think Tielimans will follow Zinchenko & that will be it as far as signings go
Your CBs are pretty average. Martinez would have started and you were willing to pay good money for him.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Your CBs are pretty average. Martinez would have started and you were willing to pay good money for him.
Aye, as a left back, think that was well documented. There's no way we were looking to swap out Gabriel for him, Saliba would probably be ahead of him in the pecking order at centre back as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Aye, as a left back, think that was well documented. There's no way we were looking to swap out Gabriel for him, Saliba would probably be ahead of him in the pecking order at centre back as well.
It wasn't well documented, it made news only when it was clear for most that Martinez will reject Arsenal.

This is like City when they failed to sign Laporte, they briefed saying they wanted him as LB. So no big deal, they signed him in Jan and played him as CB from day 1.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It wasn't well documented, it made news only when it was clear for most that Martinez will reject Arsenal.

This is like City when they failed to sign Laporte, they briefed saying they wanted him as LB. So no big deal, they signed him in Jan and played him as CB from day 1.
Ornstein briefed very early on when Arsenal bid I'm pretty sure even before Utd's interest was revealed that we were interested in his profile as a left back that came inside to help build play, but like that he can cover centre back and defensive midfield.

Why do you think we've bid for Zinchenko now and not a left centre back?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Zinchenko is a utility player and I am not convinced he's better than either Xhaka or Tierney.
Outside of Pep's system we could see his true level. Ultimately, he improves the squad.
I mean.. he does perfectly well for Ukraine, out of Peps system.

Odegaard is fecking shite :lol:
He really isn't but okay..

Disgusting.
We literally have no clue about what's happened behind the scenes, so i'd rather not go after a guy when we no nothing about it. If he's guilty, then sack him. This is nothing like the Greenwood allegations where there was pretty clear proof from day 1 for everyone to see..

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal

No not really. It was very well documented that he was mostly seen as an inverted LB but that could cover for Gabriel as Arteta likes left sided CBs.