Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Any manager would have subbed Zinchenko off for that parody of defending in the second half. Too much credit built up gave him a pass in one of our most important game of the season

edcunited1878

Extremely fortunate Salah didn't want to win today and stopped his own team from winning.

Arsenal's emotional intelligence and shitshow gamesmanship fecked them today and it comes down to Lego Pep. He sets the standard and wants it that way.

CM

Poor game management from Arteta really. The game was getting away from Arsenal anyway but taking off Odegaard and ceding all possession made sure of it

Sylar

His subs weren't good.

But he's got a few good games to correct that. I reckon they blow away west ham and Southampton

Then it's gonna be tricky with a few games within a week

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Very poor game management from him today, the defensive reorganisation in the second half was completely ineffective and Liverpool had loads of chances after that.

cafecillos

Does City now depend on themselves to win it? 6 points behind but a game in hand and playing against Arsenal at home.

ti vu

Yep. But they are also still in the CL, so a bit trickier.

Still think City will win it.
I don' think being in CL is an issue for City. They're too used to playing in multiple competitions, and CL schedule is much better than Europa League Thursday-league game Sunday schedule.

Jericho

I don' think being in CL is an issue for City. They're too used to playing in multiple competitions, and CL schedule is much better than Europa League Thursday-league game Sunday schedule.
It's not as good as the no-European-football schedule Arsenal have though.

ti vu

It's not as good as the no-European-football schedule Arsenal have though.
Not sure what your point?

City in CL shouldn't be an issue for them. Arsenal not having EL helps them, but not necessarily give them an advantage over City who is used to playing in all competitions.

Jericho

Not sure what your point?

City in CL shouldn't be an issue for them. Arsenal not having EL helps them, but not necessarily give them an advantage over City who is used to playing in all competitions.
I think not having European football can only be an advantage. City might be used to it but IMO it's still going to make it more difficult for them.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
You can add the margin they win their game in hand to that. Plus double the margin between them and Arsenal. That will make it much harder for Arsenal to overhaul.
Harder for sure. However there’s a good chance either of the title challengers hammer someone with five or six. Just saying that it’s not automatically done with those results. Likely, yes.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Looked like he stepped on a piece of lego at the full time whistle.

mu4c_20le

Didn't like his subs today. Took off his best players for fresh legs and they did feck all.

ForeverRed1

What he is doing at arsenal is respectable, even if they finish 2nd. When he took over they were a shambles, he has had a couple seasons, finishing 8th with them twice but he clearly had a plan. The powers that be believed in his plan regardless of pressure from fans and pundits. They have been a very good team this season and are taking it down to the wire. When people call them bottlers etc, that’s fine, but remember this is a young fairly inexperienced team. That’s why I think city will do it in the end, but arsenal fans have reason to be excited and hopeful for the future. The future looks bright for them. Fairs fair. It’s easy to laugh at them if they lose but respect for the football they have played at times this season. They have been good.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What he is doing at arsenal is respectable, even if they finish 2nd. When he took over they were a shambles, he has had a couple seasons, finishing 8th with them twice but he clearly had a plan. The powers that be believed in his plan regardless of pressure from fans and pundits. They have been a very good team this season and are taking it down to the wire. When people call them bottlers etc, that’s fine, but remember this is a young fairly inexperienced team. That’s why I think city will do it in the end, but arsenal fans have reason to be excited and hopeful for the future. The future looks bright for them. Fairs fair. It’s easy to laugh at them if they lose but respect for the football they have played at times this season. They have been good.
What you’ve said is absolutely true, but it’s hard to empathise with him because:

a) he’s a bellend
b) he’s made of Lego

Castia

When he took the piss out of a referee a few months ago I couldn’t wait to see his face once they bottled it

Proper fecking cringe this guy. Deserves feck all as well, been there years and never even finished top 4, been closer to the sack than finishing above Spurs in recent years

Shite

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why has he lost faith with Nektia?! Not a great player but seems a decent option when chasing games and needing to go direct. Their entire gameplay on the second half appeared to be to achieve meaningless possession that went nowhere

eire-red

Yeh Jorginho did his job I think to control the game but taking Odegaard off was terrible.
I really hate those type of subs as a fan. Ole did it many times at United. I remember at one stage we had Dan James at RB in the Europa League final just to accommodate another striker.

A team can throw the kitchen sink without making subs that upset the balance of the team. You have to actually be able to build momentum and a foothold in the opposition half, and then start to really commit men into the box.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Why has he lost faith with Nektia?! Not a great player but seems a decent option when chasing games and needing to go direct. Their entire gameplay on the second half appeared to be to achieve meaningless possession that went nowhere
Nketiah was injured last few weeks and this was his first game back.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Ah okay I felt you had to show more urgency and be more direct today in the 2nd Too much short safe passing
I agree, we looked way too slow. Very weird how we can go from cruising in the first 30mins then seem to collapse. But I suppose that's what a title race does to you.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Get the feck in. I'll go on and say they lost the league today.
Agree. And that Saka penalty miss will probably be the pivotal moment where the title swung in City's favour. Had he scored that, it's 3-1 and we probably take all 3 points.

Loon

:lol:
His cheerleading when the VAR decision was being made Vs us and his general gobshitery makes me want to see his Auton face sulking.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I haven’t seen much of his antics but I’ve not seen another manager of an opponent side his universally disliked on the caf unless they had a beef with ours (like Benitez). For example with Klopp we shat on him because he was Liverpool manager (and a bit of a tit sometimes). But nobody, pretty much nobody seems to like Arteta. That’s some achievement.