Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

theballisround

With their upcoming games, I don't think they have the strength to see it through.

It was a nice dream while it lasted, god bless they're bottling it.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

What he is doing at arsenal is respectable, even if they finish 2nd. When he took over they were a shambles, he has had a couple seasons, finishing 8th with them twice but he clearly had a plan. The powers that be believed in his plan regardless of pressure from fans and pundits. They have been a very good team this season and are taking it down to the wire. When people call them bottlers etc, that’s fine, but remember this is a young fairly inexperienced team. That’s why I think city will do it in the end, but arsenal fans have reason to be excited and hopeful for the future. The future looks bright for them. Fairs fair. It’s easy to laugh at them if they lose but respect for the football they have played at times this season. They have been good.
They've overperformed in terms of xG. Their xPts fluctuates 11-14 points below their actual total. No team/player (excl. Messi) have outperformed xG for more than a season. The last PL challengers to do so were Liverpool in 19/20 who finished 25 points above their xPts and the overperformance was exposed the following season with one of the worst PL title defences.

Arteta has progressed the team but this season is a flattering indication of their actual level. I expect they will be back in the top four challengers next year.

acnumber9

They've overperformed in terms of xG. Their xPts fluctuates 11-14 points below their actual total. No team/player (excl. Messi) have outperformed xG for more than a season.
Then xG ain’t really worth a shit. Better teams and better players should be doing better than supposed average.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Arsenal are such a dumb team. I cant understand why you would have Saka taking their penlties.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
No team/player (excl. Messi) have outperformed xG for more than a season. The last PL challengers to do so were Liverpool in 19/20 who finished 25 points above their xPts and the overperformance was exposed the following season with one of the worst PL title defences.
Liverpool overperformed xG and xPts in both 18/19 and 19/20.

Cloud7

Today feels like the day where things swung back in City’s favour. Not the first time Moyes has had a match where he got a result and swung a title race in favour of City.

Granted, if Arsenal do finish second that’s still better than anyone expected at the start of the season so they deserve credit for that, but equally it will feel very bitter knowing how close they came and the commanding position they had.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Can he not teach them to have basic manners.
I felt sad for the girl
Was wondering where that would get posted. Self absorbed tosspots. Depressing viewing. Also a hilarious own goal by Arsenal’s social media team. What the feck were they thinking? Do they not even watch their videos before sharing?!

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It's hilarious the furore an out of context video has caused online today.

Apparently the poor girl is being hounded by reporters now

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Was wondering where that would get posted. Self absorbed tosspots. Depressing viewing. Also a hilarious own goal by Arsenal’s social media team. What the feck were they thinking? Do they not even watch their videos before sharing?!
It's awful.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I mean, the wee girl’s family are Arsenal fans. So they’re obviously going to defend the club and players. Just like you are. The Arsenal players nonetheless look like total bell ends throughout the video. And you can’t even blame selective editing, considering the source.

The fact there’s been a massive overreaction is a separate issue. Which doesn’t make the players look any less like cnuts.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I mean, the wee girl and her family are Arsenal fans. So they’re obviously going to defend the club and players. Just like you are. The Arsenal players nonetheless look like total bell ends throughout the video. And you can’t even blame selective editing, considering the source.

The fact there’s been a massive overreaction is a separate issue. Which doesn’t make the players look any less like cnuts.
So we should ignore the girl and her family saying it's not a problem and be offended on their behalf? From what I've seen others saying on Twitter this is just one small bit of the mascot experience and the players speak and spend time with them separately.

This seems like the sort of internet overreacting you'd normally be against but I suppose your dislike of Arsenal is overriding that?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How is it possible that not a single one of them made an eye contact with the poor kid for a single second in the entire video?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
How is it possible that not a single one of them made an eye contact with the poor kid for a single second in the entire video?
Because the manager of the club is a self absorbed cnut so it’s only natural that a lot of the players would be too (and the fans).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
So we should ignore the girl and her family saying it's not a problem and be offended on their behalf? From what I've seen others saying on Twitter this is just one small bit of the mascot experience and the players speak and spend time with them separately.

This seems like the sort of internet overreacting you'd normally be against but I suppose your dislike of Arsenal is overriding that?
Watch the video ffs. You could know nothing about the club and any of the players and still think they look like total pricks. This isn’t about shades of grey. And you don’t need to have any dog in the fight to spot the bleeding obvious. That’s why it’s gone so viral.

And one more time, for the cheap seats, the overreaction online has no bearing on the behaviour of the people in that video. I’m not looking to get offended on behalf of the girl. In fact, I’m more than willing to believe she wasn’t bothered by their behaviour at all. You could tell she was utterly star struck, so the last thing on her mind was their terrible manners. I’m sure she had a lovely day out. Which doesn’t stop the Arsenal squad coming across as wankers to anyone who isn’t an Arsenal fan watching the footage. Whether or not they have any prior opinions about Arsenal football club.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Are you ignoring the video that showed a stream of men blanking an adoring child. No excuse for it. To smile and give her a fist bump takes 1 second.
Instead they all to a man didn't even make eye contact.

glasgow 21

Are you ignoring the video that showed a stream of men blanking an adoring child. No excuse for it. To smile and give her a fist bump takes 1 second.
Instead they all to a man didn't even make eye contact.
For the life of me what is the problem here ? some folk are so easy offended they need to get out more. The manager and 19 players signed that top what actually was the issue?. It obvious that players were queuing to sign , some went by into changing rooms to drop gear and came back out, or am i missing something here.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
For the life of me what is the problem here ? some folk are so easy offended they need to get out more. The manager and 19 players signed that top what actually was the issue?. It obvious that players were queuing to sign , some went by into changing rooms to drop gear and came back out, or am i missing something here.
Eye contact? Basic human courtesy?

Other than that, possibly not.

Halftrack

It's just that it's presented by the club as a heartwarming moment, when it looks as anything but. This adorable little girl standing there beaming, with a shirt for them to sign, and none of them even acknowledge her. One would think they could at least pop out their ear buds and greet her, but they don't even make eye contact with her.

I hope the girl had a great day that she'll remember for the rest of her life, but the clip makes the Arsenal players look like absolute wankers.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
they’ve got a title to bottle, they don’t have time to mess around with a small girl, who will more than likely never be bottling titles at their level in her whole life.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Won't someone please think of the children

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Arsenal fans are way dafter than I thought they were if they genuinely believe those two videos have anything in common.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Not daft, just equally desperate to be offended by a short clip on the internet.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Arsenal fans are way dafter than I thought they were if they genuinely believe those two videos have anything in common.
I know, right?

Not daft, just equally desperate to be offended by a short clip on the internet.
You are literally the only person in this thread who is in any way offended.

You seem unable to handle the fact that people are watching a video which shows Arsenal players behaving like shit-heads and concluding that the Arsenal players behaved like shit-heads in said video. Why so sensitive?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I know, right?

You are literally the only person in this thread who is in any way offended.

You seem unable to handle the fact that people are watching a video which shows Arsenal players behaving like shit-heads and concluding that the Arsenal players behaved like shit-heads in said video. Why so sensitive?
Because our manager is sensitive so it's only natural that as an Arsenal fan I am also sensitive.

Zed is not dead

I must admit that the prospect of Arsenal losing the title in the last months of competition fills me with joy.

I can’t wait to see Arteta’s face in the next Amazon season while standing in front of his blackboard containing inspirational pictures of wolves or some metaphor about lightbulbs

Edit: may or may not have jinxed it