Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Mastermind from Arteta today. Deflection, a penalty which should never have been, and a goal that should have been disallowed.

Sylar

Wouldn't call what he did a masterclass vs us or Chelsea
They were just less shit / more lucky in both games

I am interested to see how they do next season with extra games though

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Still want him out. Playing Tavares at this point is criminal.

Blood Mage

The one positive from Arsenal beating us and Chelsea is that this fraud gets to stay a while longer.

BlueHaze

Hope Spurs grab 4th. Can't stand this pep impersonating cnut. Teams around him have been an absolute atrocity and they are struggling their way to 4th place. 90% of their fan base wanted him sacked then he started winning games, they started kissing his arse and once Spurs take 4th they'll be back to wanting him sacked again.

ThierryFabregas

Supports
Arsenal
Scholes just called him a disgrace for influencing the ref and also getting the players and the crowd to influence him.
Hmmm, what's that other manager who used to influence refs a fair bit and used to have all their telephone numbers. I can't remember his name.

AshRK

Another one that many people on here got wrong beside me. Arteta is doing a fantastic job. In fact, the blueprint he is using at Arsenal is the one that ETH should follow at United. Despite having the worst squad of the top four contender baring west ham, he is in a good position to get a champion league place if he wins this game.
Yes he should clear out the turds we have here but I hope Eth doesn't follow his boring style. At least eth has his team play on frontfoot.

InfiniteBoredom

I kinda hope they finish top 4 now. Sure, the meltdown on AFTV will be hilarious if they don’t, but one top 4 finish should keep Lego Pep there for another couple of years, and they will do the grand total of feck all with that CL qualification anyway.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I kinda hope they finish top 4 now. Sure, the meltdown on AFTV will be hilarious if they don’t, but one top 4 finish should keep Lego Pep there for another couple of years, and they will do the grand total of feck all with that CL qualification anyway.
And it would keep spurs out of CL, we'll have a better chance of luring kane if he's not sacrificing cl football to come to us.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I read so much hate towards Arteta. Hate and bitterness.

Yeah, he has taken advantage of being Guardiola’s sidekick, so what? Media seems to love him for that reason and forgive him from time to time poor results, so what? He won a FA Cup with lots of luck and a Community Shield. United are years away from touching any silverware. Arteta is slowly driving towards a football method, most likely playing Champions League and giving opportunities to youngsters.

United had to prolong their suffering by hiring Rangnick and screwing chances of ETH to play in Europe. Fans were excited to see sideshow bob’s son delivering karate kicks a week ago for 10 minutes.

Finally, now some opportunistic people compare him to Emery. Emery had his chance and screwed up in PL and EL. He screwed up at PSG with much more money and his profile lets him work best for teams like Villareal or Sevilla. He has at least 10 years more working as a manager than Arteta so I think that placing that in comparison he has achieved a lot in just 2 years. Solksjaer wished he had won EL Mickey Mouse cuplast year.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
We're going to do feck all, with or without Arteta. So I'd prefer if we do feck all while in the CL, rather than out of it.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Yes he should clear out the turds we have here but I hope Eth doesn't follow his boring style. At least eth has his team play on frontfoot.
We have the 5th best xG in the league this season. This myth that we just play defensive football is quite strange. People seem to think we're like Wolves, who are coincidently 18th in the xG table. We play on the front foot, we just don't have a striker of quality to finish enough chances.

Whilst I did actually hate how Arteta went to annoy the ref while he was looking at the screen, thought he was pretty pathetic there, the fact that people constantly find ways to have a go at him is quite funny.

The guy beat Chelsea and United, and deservingly, with a team with Elneny, Nketiah, Tavares and Cedric/Holding in, of which i'm sure all of you think are trash players and probably have said so throughout the season.

The Chelsea team we beat cost £230m. The United team we beat cost £295m. The Arsenal team in those games cost £195m.

We had 3 starting XI players missing (Tierney, Tomi, Partey), Chelsea had 3 players out (Kovacic, Rudiger, Chilwell), United had 3 (Shaw, Fred, Pogba).

We were equally as weakened as both of teams, yet we won both games with an xG of (Ars) 4.7x2.7 (Chel, Utd). But, apparently he only won both games because of the faults of the other two sides..

Seems to be a very common thing that whenever we win any game ever, it's just because the other team were bad apparently. One day people will realise this can't be the case for every single game.

InfiniteBoredom

We're going to do feck all, with or without Arteta. So I'd prefer if we do feck all while in the CL, rather than out of it.
If you have Conte at the helm, him combined with CL football might be enough to entice the calibre of player that can see you start to consistently challenge for top 4 every year.

Arteta? Not so much. So, yeah, if you make it, enjoy it (the first time you make the competition in 6 years?), but from a strategic pov, the chance of Arsenal becoming a consistent top 4 team is miniscule, with Newcastle and their oil wealth also now in the mix.

Becks00

We have the 5th best xG in the league this season. This myth that we just play defensive football is quite strange. People seem to think we're like Wolves, who are coincidently 18th in the xG table. We play on the front foot, we just don't have a striker of quality to finish enough chances.

Whilst I did actually hate how Arteta went to annoy the ref while he was looking at the screen, thought he was pretty pathetic there, the fact that people constantly find ways to have a go at him is quite funny.

The guy beat Chelsea and United, and deservingly, with a team with Elneny, Nketiah, Tavares and Cedric/Holding in, of which i'm sure all of you think are trash players and probably have said so throughout the season.

The Chelsea team we beat cost £230m. The United team we beat cost £295m. The Arsenal team in those games cost £195m.

We had 3 starting XI players missing (Tierney, Tomi, Partey), Chelsea had 3 players out (Kovacic, Rudiger, Chilwell), United had 3 (Shaw, Fred, Pogba).

We were equally as weakened as both of teams, yet we won both games with an xG of (Ars) 4.7x2.7 (Chel, Utd). But, apparently he only won both games because of the faults of the other two sides..

Seems to be a very common thing that whenever we win any game ever, it's just because the other team were bad apparently. One day people will realise this can't be the case for every single game.
Exactly, he is perfect for you lot. Champions league done, Epl trophy next.

AshRK

You guys hardly played scintillating football today and United have been pretty much crap. Did you see United's defending today and even then on a different day we could have won today. It doesn't matter how much each team cost, you lot have also spent good money so let us stop this bs that you are working on Burnley's budget. What matters is context, this United players have no business to even be competing for top 4.

Credit to arteta if he finishes top 4, I already said you cannot fault him for United being crap. But trust me this is the worst United side I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly, he is perfect for you lot. Champions league done, Epl trophy next.
Nobody ever says he's perfect, he messed up massively with our team vs Brighton, but he's a new, young manager who is learning also, which again people ignore.

He'll make mistakes, it's more how he learns from them which is what i'll judge him on.

Last edited:

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
You guys hardly played scintillating football today and United have been pretty much crap. Did you see United's defending today and even then on a different day we could have won today. It doesn't matter how much each team cost, you lot have also spent good money so let us stop this bs that you are working on Burnley's budget. What matters is context, this United players have no business to even be competing for top 4.

Credit to arteta if he finishes top 4, I already said you cannot fault him for United being crap. But trust me this is the worst United side I have ever seen in my lifetime.
No we didn't, which is fair enough, but we played well enough to win. We won't play top football every game, we aren't City or Liverpool and we aren't really close atm, so not sure who is expecting us to play that football every game.

Nobody said we're working on Burnleys budget, my point was people are making out United and Chelsea were weakened and we took advantage. My point is we were just as weakened.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Our depth is tragic and we don’t have a decent striker on the roster.

We were lucky in each game but Arteta managed to get 6/6 against Chelsea and United while relying heavily on four field players that are barely PL standard in Nuno, Cedric, Elneny, and Nketiah.

AshRK

No we didn't, which is fair enough, but we played well enough to win. We won't play top football every game, we aren't City or Liverpool and we aren't really close atm, so not sure who is expecting us to play that football every game.

Nobody said we're working on Burnleys budget, my point was people are making out United and Chelsea were weakened and we took advantage. My point is we were just as weakened.
But united are poor is my point irrespective of injuries. Even if Shaw was fit it wouldn't have made any difference. Our dressing room is broken and even everton beat us and norwich would have also if not for a 37 year old freak. So let us take this away that beating this version of United is some kind of amazing feat. As is said above we shouldn't be anywhere close to top 4 fight. This has been a shocking season for United and their is no covering up.

As for chelsea well they looked awful as well and it seems they have nothing to play for in the league but it shouldn't matter. Full marks to arteta and the team for getting 6/6. I have been arteta's biggest critics here but I won't shy away in giving credit where credit is due. Whether he can take you guys to the next level is something I am not sure.

TheReligion

Abusive
3 years into the Arteta rebuild. Really?! Can’t say I’m impressed or particularly concerned. Even with an interim manager, no real coaching staff and with the club in free fall still competing pretty easily with this lot. Same with Spurs.

el3mel

There's no doubt he's taking Arsenal in the right direction. The progression is slow but it's there. If they finish top 4 it'll be a great achievement considering their state last few seasons, and they can build upon it from here.

Out of the Ole/Lampard/Arteta competition that was discussed when they were all appointed at their clubs, Arteta has been the clear winner. He didn't start as brightly as Lampard or Ole but his team has been progressing slowly and gradually while Lampard and Ole started well and collapsed massively later on.

JustAGuest

3 years into the Arteta rebuild. Really?! Can’t say I’m impressed or particularly concerned. Even with an interim manager, no real coaching staff and with the club in free fall still competing pretty easily with this lot. Same with Spurs.
Let's see how he deals with having European football again next season. Their league performance may suffer.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
There's no doubt he's taking Arsenal in the right direction. The progression is slow but it's there. If they finish top 4 it'll be a great achievement considering their state last few seasons, and they can build upon it from here.

Out of the Ole/Lampard/Arteta competition that was discussed when they were all appointed at their clubs, Arteta has been the clear winner. He didn't start as brightly as Lampard or Ole but his team has been progressing slowly and gradually while Lampard and Ole started well and collapsed massively later on.
Honestly i wouldn't consider sneaking a 4th place "great", considering all the time and investment the club has put into Arteta, and how the other contenders for 4th place blew it as well.

Also, Arsenal has barely played any other competition for how long now? It would be an "okay" achievment, not a "great" one.

TheReligion

Abusive
Honestly i wouldn't consider sneaking a 4th place "great", considering all the time and investment the club has put into Arteta, and how the other contenders for 4th place blew it as well.

Also, Arsenal has barely played any other competition for how long now? It would be an "okay" achievment, not a "great" one.
it’s just papering over the cracks

allen7

They aren’t great now let’s be honest
Yes, without pawson today they would’ve conceded defeat by 4-1 or 5-2 something.

But I’m good if these wins keeps him at arsenal for another year. They’re lucky but they don’t know.