Television Mindhunter

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
2 episodes in and loved it so far. Slow-paced but gripping.

@Rooney in Paris don't know if you remember, we once had a brief exchange on the forum about Fincher and Zodiac. You might check this.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I was just about to ask if anybody had watched this , it is getting great reviews.
Full season is out there already, thats my weekend sorted out in work.
I thought it was brilliant. Slow burners usually turn me off but this one had me hooked from the first (admittedly worst of the lot) episode.

Very strong acting with the exception of the girlfriend and partially Anna Torv. The guy playing Kemper does one of the best acting job's I've seen lately.

A solid 8\10 show.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Finally getting around to watching this tonight. A half-episode in and I'm finding it enjoyable, albeit through overlooking some examples of average dialogue. Promising, though.

Jim Beam

Finally getting around to watching this tonight. A half-episode in and I'm finding it enjoyable, albeit through overlooking some examples of average dialogue. Promising, though.
Seen your opening post about Zodiac now. It's among my favourites also, so I went in it all hyped.

From first 2 episodes, my only small complaint is that the script could be better written at times and some scenes don't feel natural or necessary. But you can clearly see Fincher touch and his ability to always hold the tension.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was good. Nothing amazing. Will probably watch the second season.

alsabi

Halfway through and it's interesting so far. Guy playing Holden looks a lot like an FBI Emmanuel Macron, doesn't he?

Buchan

Finished the first two episodes. I'm really enjoying it. The second episode is much stronger than the first, I would concur with that feeling from this thread.

Buchan

Managed to finish it today. Felt it was very good with some excellent performances throughout, however, Fincher stole the show for me. A genius at work.

Jim Beam

Finished it, thought it was great. Fincher loves to dig into people's mind and does it brilliantly.

It sets up nicely for season 2 also.

Moonred

Was a good watch with the right amount of subtlety. Inconclusive but thoroughly enjoyable last sequence where Holden is Jolted back to reality and recognizing a monster for what he is rather than getting all sappy due to his troubles.

Jim Beam

I actually find the most intriguing part the influence that the research has on Holden and Bill than the interviews or investigation scenes. You can see they are constantly questioning themselves about their behaviour, Bill about raising his kid, etc. Both are clearly not the same persons by the end of the first season.

Thought that specific part was shown very subtle but powerful.

Roosney

Ok, I gave the first episode a third chance and somehow got through it. The show gets better yeah but still nothing special. If it was a lot darker and more gloomy I think it would be quite decent actually, sometimes it feels a bit too disney-ish.

that they solve some of the cases in like two hours. Only thing missing is CSI type of montage with inspiring music and high fives.

Verbalkint

Finished this last night. Pretty dark and messed up alright, but nothing spectacular. After the finale i got down to watching an interview with Ed Kemper and what he said matched the show word to word almost. Such a messed up and brilliant mind Kemper had.

Andersons Dietician

Ok, I gave the first episode a third chance and somehow got through it. The show gets better yeah but still nothing special. If it was a lot darker and more gloomy I think it would be quite decent actually, sometimes it feels a bit too disney-ish.

that they solve some of the cases in like two hours. Only thing missing is CSI type of montage with inspiring music and high fives.
What Disney shows have you been watching dude?

Roosney

What Disney shows have you been watching dude?
Haha. By Disney-ish I mean it's polished and spoon-fed to the audience, nothing is left "wrong" or disturbing.
Especially scenes like where Tench and his wife have an argument and he flips out and fumes about the horrors of his job and then the wife is like "omg" and they hug and everything is fine and dandy all of a sudden. Well such a shitty example but hope you get what I'm saying.

stu_1992

Finished this last night was very impressed with it overall. Had maybe one or two week episodes, but parts of if were very engrossing.

Andersons Dietician

Haha. By Disney-ish I mean it's polished and spoon-fed to the audience, nothing is left "wrong" or disturbing.
Especially scenes like where Tench and his wife have an argument and he flips out and fumes about the horrors of his job and then the wife is like "omg" and they hug and everything is fine and dandy all of a sudden. Well such a shitty example but hope you get what I'm saying.
I think I do as I was trying to rack my head to remeber if Bambi kept souvenirs of
chopped off titties
I do get what you mean tho about how issues were all cleaned up and ended. Although I think there are a few hidden issues that are developing.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I found the most interesting part of the show to be the scenes and interaction with the killers themselves, with the 3 main players recording and profiling the differences.

The problem I have is having seen multiple serial killer documentaries, which have included psychological analysis on each of the most infamous ones prior.... So I find the revelations in the show to be quite muted in comparisson.

Which then leaves the characters themselves and their dialogue and interaction, they're all shades of neutral gray, none are really endearing to me at present.
It's done well, very well produced, it is a nice, quaint show, not aruging the fact.

But all in all i'd still rather go back and watch the actual serial killer stuff, with real interviews from the police/profilers/killers themselves. More interesting without having to take scenes off to focus on a bland agent characters strained relationship with his son or whatever.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Enjoyed the first season a lot, not the most unforgettable show, but it's very well produced, the acting is good, and it's interesting overall, so I'll definitely catch season 2 next year or whenever it comes out.

Hellboy

Holden gets so annoying near the end unbearable. First few episodes were good, but very meh overall for me ... watchable, nothing more.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Just finished it. The subject matter fascinates me so I didn't find it hard to finish the show. All in all, it was decent but not amazing. I hope season 2 will be a bit more gritty and perhaps less focused on the interviewing aspect. The actual solving of the cases was more interesting tbh.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just finished this. It got better as it went along, ended up really liking it.

I must be odd as I actually quite liked the girlfriend. Certainly more than Holden who is rather obnoxious, albeit in a way that adds to the show rather than detracting from it.

Why did the writers skip past the aftermath of the girlfriend's implied thing with the other guy? It was obviously a very deliberate decision on their part but I haven't quite figured out what the point was.

Parma Dewol

Thought this was really good. Builds and builds and builds, with some terrific dialogue along the way, and as disturbing as the subject matter is, the fascination keeps you wanting to know more. High hopes for the second season.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Hey this show is pretty terrible. The acting, character writing and dialogue is the pits. It is slickly produced and the prisoner interviews occasionally breathe a little life into this slaughtered-dog-on-your-doorstep of a show but my word is it superficial. Yep.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Was disappointed in this myself. Just not as compelling as it should have been. Not really interested in S2 at all.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I was waiting to finish this so I can cancel my Netflix and go to HBO for Succession. Might have to binge it over the weekend.