Missing Persons and Unsolved Crimes and Mysteries

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Great news, as I was almost giving up checking this thread. That japanese girl story someone mentioned earlier was a tough read.

WPMUFC

Bloody Rippa! Such a great day!

Last edited:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Good news. Thankfully they found her alive and she is at least superficially ok.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
What a wonderful outcome (sadly rare in missing children cases).

I see the man arrested was known to police and was taken to hospital after sustaining head injuries in his holding cell. He's in for a rough ride, no doubt.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I see the man arrested was known to police and was taken to hospital after sustaining head injuries in his holding cell. He's in for a rough ride, no doubt.
Apparently got an obsession with Bratz dolls and other similar things. Had rooms full of them. Creepy af.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Has anyone just seen the news headlines with that bloke from Kent? He’s just been charged with 2 murders from 35 years ago. And then a load of absolutely horrible crimes in a mortuary.

RedDevil@84

Not missing or unsolved but saw this headline today.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/577945-california-hiker-family-died-off-heat-dehydration
California family of hikers died of heat, dehydration

Reminded me of this unsolved case though I believe the prevailing conclusion is they probably died of dehydration and/or starvation after getting lost.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley_Germans
https://www.otherhand.org/home-page/search-and-rescue/the-hunt-for-the-death-valley-germans/
This case got me confused. Their car was found only a mile away from the spot where they were found dead. Does that mean that they went somewhere far away, got dehydrated and collapsed on their way back when they had only another mile to go for their car or did they only make a mile before all of them collapsed and died.
The latter would be such an unbelievable scenario.

diarm

Jesus Christ what a sick bastard.

Surely his wife knew if there were 250 boxes of evidence/tapes in the house
Perhaps not if she's elderly and it was all in the loft as the article says.

I told my parents I was putting a couple of boxes into their attic a while back, when actually I put the entire contents of a commercial kitchen up there. It's been 3 years and they haven't noticed yet.

I'm in almost as much trouble as this prick when they do.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

I told my parents I was putting a couple of boxes into their attic a while back, when actually I put the entire contents of a commercial kitchen up there. It's been 3 years and they haven't noticed yet.

:lol:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale

:lol: :lol: Good luck with that

Maybe but guessing she is the same age around 67 and there is stuff up there from the 80s.

Anyway hope this depraved pig gets what’s coming to him.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This case got me confused. Their car was found only a mile away from the spot where they were found dead. Does that mean that they went somewhere far away, got dehydrated and collapsed on their way back when they had only another mile to go for their car or did they only make a mile before all of them collapsed and died.
The latter would be such an unbelievable scenario.
I think they were nearly back to their car after a long walk.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

He has been hospitalised again but in both cases it was for self-inflicted head wounds. I don't think it is a euphemism either. The cops want him in tip top condition so they can interrogate him.

diarm

Weird only 2 murders.
I was thinking the exact same earlier on. I wonder are they looking into other cases to see if there might be murders they hadn't previously connected.

Or did he discover his electrician at a morgue angle some time after the murders and that satisfied his urges from then on.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I was thinking the exact same earlier on. I wonder are they looking into other cases to see if there might be murders they hadn't previously connected.

Or did he discover his electrician at a morgue angle some time after the murders and that satisfied his urges from then on.
I guess we have in our heads that once you start killing you continue/escalate. Maybe to much TV?

I guess that if killing isn't the high but sex with corpses is then maybe he found a safer outlet through his job.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And why was he not instutionilized?
Carnarvon is a pretty rough and ready place so not that natural a habitat for a doll obsessed bloke. Although not sure you can institutionalise someone for liking dolls. He was apparently known to police but it sounds like not for anything that would have connected him to this crime. Hopefully that means he wasn't a know sex offender. I'm hoping he was just a weirdo who wanted a live doll and not something else that we are all fearing.

Edit
Police have confirmed he is not connected to Cleo’s family and was not on the list of known sex offenders in the area.

Last edited:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Carnarvon is a pretty rough and ready place so not that natural a habitat for a doll obsessed bloke. Although not sure you can institutionalise someone for liking dolls. He was apparently known to police but it sounds like not for anything that would have connected him to this crime. Hopefully that means he wasn't a know sex offender. I'm hoping he was just a weirdo who wanted a live doll and not something else that we are all fearing.

Edit
Guess they thought he was harmless but kidnapping a child definitely isn't. Who knows what his intentions were. Thank God they found her before he did something terrible.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

I guess we have in our heads that once you start killing you continue/escalate. Maybe to much TV?

I guess that if killing isn't the high but sex with corpses is then maybe he found a safer outlet through his job.
Wonder if he's a serial killer though. I suspect he remained dormant that long from 87' knowing the attention of the case and the advancement in DNA technology around that time he decided to settle for the necrophilliac desires his job gave him access to instead. Then again maybe he didn't and may have killed again after or he previously killed which I suspect he has done. The girls murders were separate too which tells he had developed an MO and it was premediatated.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another Australian missing kid case seems to have made progress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_William_Tyrrell

Apparently the foster parents have had an AVO taken out against them by the police relating to another kid connected to the case and some papers are reporting them as being "persons of interest". New unspecified evidence has resulted in them search 3 locations close to where he disappeared for his remains. :(

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...l/news-story/d7fe757ccb48d499f202b9ca4ebda9e7

Edit: Single person of interest. They might as well just announce that the foster father (or possibly mother) did it.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-for-missing-boy-to-single-person-of-interest

Edit #2: All this is at the moment nothing more than rumours and unconfirmed allegations. According to rumours the search areas are very close to the house where William disappeared. It sounds like the person of interest is female, so likely either the foster mother or foster grandmother. It is further rumoured that William's sister has been removed from the foster parents after an assault, resulting in the AVO application. There is speculation that the sister gave the police info that resulted in the new search for a body but this is probably the most speculative bit of the already highly speculative rumours.

Edit #3: latest rumour is that he fell from a balcony and died and then someone got rid of the body.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...h/news-story/5cafc909112041ee83736ee285ea7b8a

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Aye, it would depend on the nature of the killings/killer, I would think.

Sometimes in serial killer docs you hear about a distinction between process killers who enjoy the act of killing itself and product killers who don't enjoy the act of killing but are compelled by a desire for the product of the killing (e.g. the corpse). Logically you would think the latter may well stop killing if they found another avenue to get what they need.

Plus even with more sadistic killers there are examples of people who were seemingly able to stop killing for extended periods of time for their own reasons, like the recently high-profile Golden State killer.

People are complicated, even the lunatics.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another Australian missing kid case seems to have made progress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_William_Tyrrell

Apparently the foster parents have had an AVO taken out against them by the police relating to another kid connected to the case and some papers are reporting them as being "persons of interest". New unspecified evidence has resulted in them search 3 locations close to where he disappeared for his remains. :(

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...l/news-story/d7fe757ccb48d499f202b9ca4ebda9e7

Edit: Single person of interest. They might as well just announce that the foster father (or possibly mother) did it.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-for-missing-boy-to-single-person-of-interest

Edit #2: All this is at the moment nothing more than rumours and unconfirmed allegations. According to rumours the search areas are very close to the house where William disappeared. It sounds like the person of interest is female, so likely either the foster mother or foster grandmother. It is further rumoured that William's sister has been removed from the foster parents after an assault, resulting in the AVO application. There is speculation that the sister gave the police info that resulted in the new search for a body but this is probably the most speculative bit of the already highly speculative rumours.

Edit #3: latest rumour is that he fell from a balcony and died and then someone got rid of the body.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...h/news-story/5cafc909112041ee83736ee285ea7b8a
They are now examining the foster grandmother's car. Seems likely they have very specific evidence that makes them suspect that William fell from an upstairs balcony, died and then was transported a short way from the house and buried.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah, "fell".
No hint yet as to how the police think William came to die - fell or pushed or something else. Obviously they don't want to let everyone know what evidence they are investigating but you suspect that the unusual amount of info that seems to be leaking suggests there is some confidence that they know what happened.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
William Tyrell police search still continues. A few bits of fabric found so far but they may be nothing.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another Aussie missing persons/presumed murdered case might be coming to a conclusion.

Weird one with a middle aged pilot with no obvious connection to the victims arrested.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/m...rol-clay/4f49420d-5d0d-41fc-8f8f-825086c6a3f7
Looks like the located the suspect due to there being a CCTV image of a Blue Toyota Landcruiser with a trailer close to the presumed crime scene and in the time period in question. I think they then used Google street view to check each address when a blue Landcruiser was registered. In one case they noticed that the Landcruiser was no longer Blue but when looking at street view history the vehicle was still blue after the date of the disappearance.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...l/news-story/a3bf656c238047ca27dafdd58c63fe8d

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Looks like the located the suspect due to there being a CCTV image of a Blue Toyota Landcruiser with a trailer close to the presumed crime scene and in the time period in question. I think they then used Google street view to check each address when a blue Landcruiser was registered. In one case they noticed that the Landcruiser was no longer Blue but when looking at street view history the vehicle was still blue after the date of the disappearance.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...l/news-story/a3bf656c238047ca27dafdd58c63fe8d
Charged with murder

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...-victorian-campers?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

GloryHunter07

Most likely they got lost and died due to difficult conditions. Matias (?) got to live a bit longer because of his experience but ultimately died as well, they just couldn’t locate his body which is probable for the area they were in.
Bit weird that they would leave their car and walk off into the wilderness in terrible conditions? Why do that?
I also find it fascinating that people can still just disappear into the wilderness like that and not be found for such a long time.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Last edited: