Mo Salah

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Wouldn’t surprise me if they sold one of that front three and replaced them with Jota, and then bought a forward several years younger as back up. Salah is about to turn 29, Mane already is, and Firmino a few months off 30. It’s not critical immediately but needs addressing. The last thing they’ll want is to have to replace two of them in one transfer window.
I have a worrying feeling Jota is a perennial sick note. Not quite fully yet, but will be. Mane, for as crap as he has been all season, is always available. No niggling injuries, no three games recovery, etc. Wolves fans might back me up in that concern.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably not. 34 and 33 matches in the PL in his two seasons. 44 in the Championship.

Every possibility he has become a sick note now, though.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Probably not. 34 and 33 matches in the PL in his two seasons. 44 in the Championship.

Every possibility he has become a sick note now, though.
Yeah it doesn't look like many games missed, other than this season, but you just hear him having 'picked something up' or 'got a knock'. I hate those phrases after having lived with bad-Sturridge.

Judas

Open to offers
Jota has been superb I think, but it does feel like he's constantly just back from injury. Just one season though, isn't it. If it stretches into next year then maybe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No ones lining up to sign Mane for big money. Possibly Salah, but I just don't know if the sort of money they would want will be spent this summer.
Would be mad to sell Salah as he's the one who consistently onion bags it.

Imagine their front 3 without him this season!

The Oracle

Liverpool make Top 4 and Salah stays.

You only have to look at Salah's reaction today when Wijnaldum shot over late on.... and then Salah's reaction when Alisson scored.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think they'd sell him given the choice, but there's been whispers all season that he wants out.
Probably like Pogba.
Sort of fancies moving elsewhere for a big wonga increase, but in a post covid season, no chance anyone offers enough for it to happen.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Scores in five season opening games in a row. PL record smashed. Highest ever PL goalscorer ever too.

Best PL player ever? Why not. :keano:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Scores in five season opening games in a row. PL record smashed. Highest ever PL goalscorer ever too.

I bet there’s players who have scored more nth game of the seasons in a row. Such a meaningless stat

Idxomer

He's been the best attacking player in the PL for the last 4 years, at least statistically.

littleman

It took many years before many Utd fans started saying Henry is a PL great, and possibly one of the greatest.

Will take many more for Salah to get recognition on this board, maybe he’ll get there faster than Suarez if he doesn’t bite our player

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
You should have bought him when he was at Firenze or Roma. I guess you preferred Aaron fecking Ramsey instead. :lol: :lol: :lol:
True. I always liked Mo Salah even when he played for FC Basel.

Ramsey is not bad though when he is not injured, of course.

DWelbz19

He and Fernandes are very similar — there’s an inevitability about them; they simply live and breathe G/As. Might not be the most technically refined, but there’s few players in their respective positions you’d expect in world football to score more than either.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I assume he means for Liverpool ?
32 goals behind Fowler so a good chance he will pass that when he's done
Nope, I should have been clearer. Top Ever Goalscorer In A PL Season.

Oh how easy it is to blank out of minds. :D

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Nope, I should have been clearer. Top Ever Goalscorer In A PL Season.

Oh how easy it is to blank out of minds. :D
Not really blanked out of people's minds. You posted an incorrect statement and then corrected it. Salah is the best Liverpool player and about the fifth best player in the league at the moment.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
And there’s still Liverpool fans who’d sell him before mane, or think the latter is superior. They’re both fantastic players, but goals and assists consistently season in season out is not something you can put a price tag on.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Mo looks sharp as do the trinity. They have that look to them like they know they’re going to score almost like 2 and 3 seasons ago. In addition to Salah scoring I liked the way he was looking to get the rest involved. Add in Jota who just seems to score every game for us and we shouldn’t have any worries up front.

Mr Smith

Liverpool supporter using the Keano emoji? :nono:

Salah is a machine though. Perhaps not the best, but certainly one of the most reliable. Every season I predict he's going to slow down, and he keeps proving me wrong.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I wouldn’t write off the Scousers by any means but it’s hilarious that they’re losing the run of themselves after yet another reacharound by those spineless Norwich clowns.

Josh 76

His last season in the PL.

He will want a big contract next season as he will be entering his final year. Can’t see Liverpool offering a huge 5 year contract to a 30 year old.

So they will have to cash in next summer as that’s how they run the club.

SambaBoy

I think the financial problems of the big two in Spain means he will stay at Liverpool whilst he's performing. He's annoyingly good, and somewhat underrated by some. I don't really hear him talked about as the best player in the league whilst for me, he's definitely a shout. It's always Kane/KdB or even Fernandes.

DWelbz19

And there’s still Liverpool fans who’d sell him before mane, or think the latter is superior. They’re both fantastic players, but goals and assists consistently season in season out is not something you can put a price tag on.
Yep. As I’ve said above — it’s similar to the few barmy fans on here who rate Grealish above Fernandes. Stylistically Salah is a bit less slick, so some of the aesthetic fans get their knickers in a twist.

Verminator

Random stat.

OK he is a decent forward, with a tendency to be selfish. Nowt wrong with that, if in form and can back it up.

I'll never understand why Liverpool fans overrate their players and coaches, and then try to get opposition fans to agree.
It all seems a bit "needy" to me.

All your players are the bestest ever in their positions. United and City were gutted to finish above you last season, knowing they would never be able to say they had better players than Liverpool.
YAWN

youmeletsfly

Top player but I can't stand him for some reason, there's something wrong with that face, it's very punchable.