Mo Salah

TheLiverBird

Ronaldo has scored 41 goals in 37 apps, most of them since December. He has outscored Salah in the last months. Over the whole season Salah probably edges it but the guy with the CL trophy will go down as having the better season. If only Salah reaches the final, then fair play, he will have had the best season in Europe, unless Lewandowski scores a hat-trick in the final. Which isn't impossible against Lovren ;) Lewy is on 39 goals for Bayern so far.
31 of them goals since December for Ronaldo

A remarkable stat for sure

Revan

Assumptionman
Yes he has. He’s had at least three seasons where he was nearly as good as this statistically, at a younger age too.

This takes nothing away from Salah’s brilliance by the way, and yes, in the most literal sense this year he’s been putting out better statistics than Neymar ever did.
When did that happen? Salah has scored more goals than Neymar ever did, playing for a weaker team, in arguably an easier league to score. And more importantly, I don't remember Neymar scoring these many important goals. Even in Barca's season when they won UCL, it was all about Suarez and Messi scoring the important goals.

Treble

When did that happen? Salah has scored more goals than Neymar ever did, playing for a weaker team, in arguably an easier league to score. And more importantly, I don't remember Neymar scoring these many important goals. Even in Barca's season when they won UCL, it was all about Suarez and Messi scoring the important goals.
Nah, Neymar was absolutely brilliant in 14/15. Scored only 39 while playing second fiddle to Messi. Barca were better than Liverpool, of course, but Liverpool's attacking game revolves around Salah. Most of Neymar's goals came from the quarters to the final, he finished top scorer with Messi and Ronnie in the CL. And he scored more goals in big games than Messi this season.

RoyH1

I can imagine Russian football authorities being a tad nervous right now. While they have probably been accounting for Uruguay all this time, Egypt was a bit of an afterthought. But now with Salah in that monstruous form they might actually be favorites to top the group.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It's first time in champions league that 3 players of a same team have scored 8 or more goals each. Real Madrid is bigger one man team than Liverpool.
Salah on the pitch, score 5 goals concede none. Salah off the pitch score no goals, concede 2.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
'Give this guy the golden ball, just to break the insurmountable boredom of that silly debate.

TAA

Supports
liverpool
Surely Real will come in for him with a huge bid?

Someone has to.

He should be earning 300,000 a week. And Liverpool, at present can't give that to him.
You make us sound like a Bournemouth or southampton. If a club like palace can pay benteke 100k a week liverpool can pay the odd player 300K. If liverpool wanted they could easily give him that sort of money and it would be justified

TheLiverBird

You make us sound like a Bournemouth or southampton. If a club like palace can pay benteke 100k a week liverpool can pay the odd player 300K. If liverpool wanted they could easily give him that sort of money and it would be justified
I fully expect to us raise Salahs salary to something over £200k

but at this stage after one season, I can't remotely see us considering bumping him to anything anywhere near £300k

I don't even think we need too with regards to the "fear of losing him", this guy ain't going anywhere

TAA

Supports
liverpool
Doesn't really work though, because its not like a managers can put his past players in a bag and take them with him to a new job.
he didnt even want them when he had them

-------------- lukaku---

harzard -- kdb --- salah

worth over 500m and deemed not good enough

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Interesting to read the negative comments made in the first couple of pages of this thread.
Hindsight is a marvellous thing.... :lol:

Trizy

Mental given his history. Absolutely nothing suggested this season was on the cards.
Ya I just don't understand it. It's not like he's 20-21 either.

He's last two full seasons he scored 15 & 19 respectively. And now 43? It's baffling.

Trizy

With football transfers now a days thanks to City & PSG, I don't think anyone will be able to afford him outside of those clubs. If Couninho went for £150m this guy will be at least £150m +50m add ons if he does it again next season.

JoaquinJoaquin

Ya I just don't understand it. It's not like he's 20-21 either.

He's last two full seasons he scored 15 & 19 respectively. And now 43? It's baffling.
It just shows the benefits of playing for a team that plays a system built to his strengths. That and self confidence. Like he will be trying things with the belief it will come off right now, whereas when you are low on confidence you tend not to try things as much and keep it safe. Be interesting to see how he plays next season when defenders may play a bit tighter and dirtier to him. If he continues like this though, He will go to Real or Barca that is for sure.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If he doesn’t leave this summer (hope he does), then lets see if he can keep it up next season before people start comparing him with Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo and Messi have been doing for years what Salah is doing this season. Let’s see if he can consistently keep it up.

TheLiverBird

If he doesn’t leave this summer (hope he does), then lets see if he can keep it up next season before people start comparing him with Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo and Messi have been doing for years what Salah is doing this season. Let’s see if he can consistently keep it up.
You see this annoys me this "we shouldn't be comparing him to Ronaldo or Messi"

Agreed comparing them over their respective careers SO FAR is absolutely ludicrous and moronic

But NO ONE is nor has ever done that, they have compared Salah to those 2 with regards to THIS SEASON and this season alone which I think is totally acceptable, what is wrong with that??

Messi and Ronaldo are the bench mark setters, Salah in this season alone has achieved that benchmark

That itself is a great achievement, he's been better than them this season near enough

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

It's pretty obvious he's not comparable to either of them. He's a couple of months off 26. At that point Ronaldo had just had a 50+ goal season to add to his 42-goal season, and Messi had just broken the 50-goal barrier for three seasons in a row, with a 100+ goal calendar year. And they basically maintained that level since then. Salah would have to do a lot more than keep up what he's doing for it to be remotely credible comparison. If he keeps it up it's possible he'll take over as they step back, but that's a long shot in itself.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
A few quotes from the first page:

Comparing him to Walcott ffs. He's one of the best right wingers in football. Arguably Top 5.
Take a boo Blue. :)

If Klopp likes him then he must run a lot.

Just looks like a fancy Jermaine Pennant to me. Second rate player and shows the status of Liverpool compared to other European sides. Nothing especially exciting at all and they are treating it like they've signed Messi.
This is like an anti anti jinx.

Never got what the fuss is about. Genuinely baffling transfer for Pool.
Unbaffle yourself man. It's unseemly.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Hindsight is a good thing, mate. If you believed earlier in the season that he would carry you to the ucl final then fair enough.

Btw, welcome back.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Dunno mate, your claim about Neymar never ever being nearly as good made me curious, so I went and looked for some stats before posting that.

2014/2015 season 61 goals + 10 assist in 60 starts (5 subs)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/132948/neymar?season=2014

2015/2016 season 40 goals + 29 assist in 65 starts (3 subs)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/132948/neymar?season=2015

Salah this season:

47 goals + 15 assist in 52 starts (4 subs)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/173896/mohamed-salah?season=2017

Aside from stats Neymar’s the marginally better footballer too I think. So unless the market has inflated again this year, I think Salah should be 15-20% cheaper at least.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Dunno mate, your claim made me curious so I went and looked for some stats before posting that.

2014/2015 season 61 goals + 10 assist in 60 starts (5 subs)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/132948/neymar?season=2014

2015/2016 season 40 goals + 29 assist in 65 starts (3 subs)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/132948/neymar?season=2015

Salah this season:

47 goals + 15 assist in 52 starts (4 subs)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/173896/mohamed-salah?season=2017

Aside from stats Neymar’s the marginally better footballer too I think.
You are including international games,, and the frigging world Cup for his 14/15 numbers?

TheLiverBird

Hindsight is a good thing, mate. If you believed earlier in the season that he would carry you to the ucl final then fair enough.

Btw, welcome back.
He's Massively contributed but carried us is way off the mark

Firmino in 11 CL apps has scored 10 assisted 6

Salah has scored 10 assisted 4

Mane has scored 8 goals assisted 1

We have not been carried by one player in the CL

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
You are including international games,, and the frigging world Cup for his 14/15 numbers?
Ah yes international games aren’t official games, so they don’t count when judging seasons? I’m very sorry then! Personally I think Salah could go on and have a good World Cup and I would definitely include those performances when judging his season by the way. And in the stats I posted his international games seem included too.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’s better than Suarez was for them without the disgraceful behaviour.

Shows no signs of getting an ego too big for England either and if he did you’d be looking not far off a Neymar transfer fee.

The worst thing about all this is, I can’t bring myself to hate him.

Leuthen

He should be earning 300,000 a week. And Liverpool, at present can't give that to him.
Hm, why not? They offered Coutinho 250k a week and he was nowhere near current Salah's form. Btw, I'd say that selling Coutinho turns out to be a fantastic decision. Not only he doesn't look like 150m guy, but also with him on the pitch Salah wouldn't be as influential as he's now. Coutinho was Liverpool's go-to guy, would be hard for Salah to become what he is now with Phil being main creative force.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand how people keep showing him onto his left foot?

His first goal yesterday was so poor by the defence, they stood off him and gave him so much time and space, then let him on his left to do whatever he wanted.

He's a great player if you don't respect him, but as we showed if you can get tight to him and show him onto his weaker foot he's not unstoppable.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Ah yes international games aren’t official games, so they don’t count when judging seasons? I’m very sorry then! Personally I think Salah could go on and have a good World Cup and I would definitely include those performances when judging his season by the way.
One guy plays for Brazil the other for Egypt. If you were interested in fair comparison it would at the least be worth highlighting with and without.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I don't understand how people keep showing him onto his left foot?
Ah, The Robben Fallacy.

The time they didn't, he raced to the byline and teed up Firmino's goal instead.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I fully expect to us raise Salahs salary to something over £200k

but at this stage after one season, I can't remotely see us considering bumping him to anything anywhere near £300k

I don't even think we need too with regards to the "fear of losing him", this guy ain't going anywhere
Nah Liverpool fans don't need to be concerned about losing Salah this summer for sure. His contract is too long and he is clearly enjoying his football.

United fans claiming a Madrid or Barca will come in for him is clearly wishful but understandable thinking. Personally think if I was at Barca I would offer a Dembele plus a big package to Liverpool but can't see that happening.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Says the bloke who claimed Brendan fecking Rodgers was the most important person at the club and wasn't fussed about losing out on Salah. What a genius you are.

We laugh at Asenal not stumping up the cash for Suarez in the summer, yet we've done the same on a smaller scale. It is Ayre's/commitee's fault that Rodgers is left with a man down.

I will admit I'm slightly nervous about where this leaves us with Rodgers. He is the most important person at the club, just ahead of Suarez. Dreading the next few days, not so much for losing Salah/Kono but losing him. :(

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ah, The Robben Fallacy.

The time they didn't, he raced to the byline and teed up Firmino's goal instead.
That didn't happen from Ashley Young's pocket! But yeah Liverpool on song aren't a one man team, Mane has been up and down at times but Firminho has been extremely consistent and is quite underrated.

SATA

I find it baffling and at the same time amusing that this guy can't score against us in 180 minutes yet he's pretty much scored against everybody he has came up with. Do we have a spell on him or something?