Mo Salah

Eddy_JukeZ

All the Real rumors, I wonder how he'd fit at Barcelona. Presuming Messi is fully moved back to a false 9 role again, it would be interesting.

Messi's passing into Salah's movement and finishing would be :drool::drool::drool:

Loublaze

ATLien
All the Real rumors, I wonder how he'd fit at Barcelona. Presuming Messi is fully moved back to a false 9 role again, it would be interesting.

Messi's passing into Salah's movement and finishing would be :drool::drool::drool:
I also think he'd suit Barcelona better but i think Liverpool will hold on to him for at least another season.

Eddy_JukeZ

I also think he'd suit Barcelona better but i think Liverpool will hold on to him for at least another season.
Yeah I doubt they sell, but if Real did come in with a monstrous offer, I don't know how you decline it.

I think Salah would make a mistake moving to Real though. Think he'd suit Barcelona better.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
What a player he is currently. :drool: Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up next season.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It was working in the first 25 minutes. Tactics and formations rely on their execution. He took a risk and the players failed to perform. Simple as that
It wasn't working, tactics were horrific. Playing a ridiculously high line at Anfield would get you in trouble even if Klopp isn't in charge. Nothing change from the first 25 minutes other than Liverpool raising the intensity and battering them. Roma players didn't suddenly start to perform or defend worse than before.

Roeindo

What a nice player to have in your club.

You can always sure goals will come when he plays.

Fair play to Liverpool, seems they always have the tradition to have one world class attacking player every season.

I miss our legendary No. 7 back.

manunited1919

I hope Liverpool keep hold of him for one more year. It will be great to beat them with Salah in the team, and great for the Premier League too. I also think he may be a one season wonder, and will struggle to recreate this form next year.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Thing is Ballon D'or depends more on trophies than performances. Performance wise I would say Salah deserves it. If Liverpool or Madrid win CL then Salah or Ronaldo get it respectively. If none of them win it then Messi gets it due to winning La Liga (I think undefeated) and Copa Del Rey. World cup won't be kind to all 3 of them.
Ronaldo has to win the CL or WC to win. Salah could win if he has a great CL final, Liverpool wins and Argentina and Portugal do not do well in the WC. Messi is the default winner if none of the above happen.

I never thought there would be a more fun Liverpool team to watch than the Saurez led team a few years back. This team, though, is just exciting every time one of the front 3 get the ball.

meamth

I hope Liverpool keep hold of him for one more year. It will be great to beat them with Salah in the team, and great for the Premier League too. I also think he may be a one season wonder, and will struggle to recreate this form next year.
I doubt so, looking at his ability alone he should score 20 goals easy next season. Even that is not a bad return after World Cup fatigue.

There are some doubts for players like Kane when he first started, the ability wasn't as apparent as Salah.

Salah seems to have it all, pace, power, balance, aggression. What decides his form next season is just confidence.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Ashley Young stopped him...
I see this repeated often and this isn't meant as a dig.. but there are very few teams in the champions league who will play the way you set up against us. Home and away. Roma despite being god awful and chastised by the BT comms still came away with 2 goals.
Obviously they wouldn't have wanted to concede 5 but if you told him before the tie he'd walk away with 2 away goals he'd have bitten your hand off.

Teams just don't play that way in the upper echelons of elite competition.
No denying it gets Mourinho results and he'll stick to it it's his way so he should, but everyone keeps banging this Ashley Young drum as if it's the most obvious thing in the world and somehow managers with all their tactical knowledge and insights are missing it.

manunited1919

I doubt so, looking at his ability alone he should score 20 goals easy next season. Even that is not a bad return after World Cup fatigue.

There are some doubts for players like Kane when he first started, the ability wasn't as apparent as Salah.

Salah seems to have it all, pace, power, balance, aggression. What decides his form next season is just confidence.
Salah has had the pace, power, aggression even before he joined Chelsea. I still remember a goal he scored against Chelsea in Champions League, it was phenomenal. I don’t think Salah has the discipline of Christiano Ronaldo, nor does he have the ball control of Messi. He is a great player, but his skill set is more prone to being volatile. Next year, when teams man mark him and foul him more, it will be difficult to replicate the form he has now.

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder where Liverpool would have been without Salah this season - people speak about United and DDG, but Salah and Liverpool is much more extreme. Even with Salah they are behind us.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Fantastic though Salah has been, I personally would have picked de Bruyne as player of the year. De Bruyne has taken midfield play to a level not seen before in the PL, in my opinion, and has been instrumental in a City team that has undoubtedly produced the best single-season performance in the PL era, and possibly in the entire history of the English league, while playing at a level and in a style that I don't think we've seen before.

Salah has performed superbly, but I don't think he has done something that we haven't seen before. Ronaldo, Aguero, Kane, Henry, Suarez, Shearer, and many others have been prolific with goals, and most of them contributed numerous assists as well.

In terms of the Ballon d'Or, I wouldn't personally say he's a deserving winner, but it just goes to the best player in the team that wins trophies. I'm not sure where this idea came from - it was expressed once again by Roberto Martinez on MNF this evening. The award for the best player should go to the best player, irrespective of trophies. The trophies are already an award for the best teams, individual awards should just go to whoever has been the best player. If someone scores 60 goals for a relative minnow, and they finish 5th in the league, and lose in the Europa League quarter-finals then he should have a shot at winning any individual award.

Goochy

Supports
Liverpool
I can't believe there is anyone who seriously thinks he would leave Liverpool for Madrid next year. It's utter nonsense!

Liverpool wouldn't sell him.
Real couldn't afford him.
He is at a perfect side for his game and as modest he is, he loves being the King so why put himself into the political situation of 'who is best' versus Ronaldo?

Please, stop kidding yourself if you think this might actually happen.

meamth

I can't believe there is anyone who seriously thinks he would leave Liverpool for Madrid next year. It's utter nonsense!

He is at a perfect side for his game and as modest he is, he loves being the King so why put himself into the political situation of 'who is best' versus Ronaldo?

I'm more convinced to this.

Exactly, I felt the same way too. Why would he leave a club that made him a global superstar after one season? Looking at his background as a humble and nice person, I don't think money is his motivation at all.

Being grateful is one of the biggest traits of good Muslim, and Salah is a great Muslim.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

As I said in the Kane thread, you're going to have to up his wages by a considerable amount to put him in line with what players who have performed in that kind of bracket earn. Will you do it? Can you even afford to do it?

This wouldn't even be about a player being greedy - it would be a player being paid his worth on the world scale.

The obvious difference between he and the others in that pay bracket is he's a newcomer to this level and thus it's a gamble whether he can make this level his default, whereas with the rest in that company, it's a guarantee.

Lots of big decisions for your money men this summer. Not saying he'll go; not even sure the clubs who could afford him will go in for him at the prices they'd have to pay, unless he takes his level across to the World Cup as well.

SATA

I'm truly starting to believe he's the real deal. Let's hope he has a good World Cup in Russia and Florentino can buy his new shiny toy again like he did for James in the last one. Salah doesn't like the type who will be tempted a move to Spain though

Goochy

Supports
Liverpool
As I said in the Kane thread, you're going to have to up his wages by a considerable amount to put him in line with what players who have performed in that kind of bracket earn. Will you do it? Can you even afford to do it?

This wouldn't even be about a player being greedy - it would be a player being paid his worth on the world scale.

The obvious difference between he and the others in that pay bracket is he's a newcomer to this level and thus it's a gamble whether he can make this level his default, whereas with the rest in that company, it's a guarantee.

Lots of big decisions for your money men this summer. Not saying he'll go; not even sure the clubs who could afford him will go in for him at the prices they'd have to pay, unless he takes his level across to the World Cup as well.
I'd like to think he is not all about the money (he doesn't come across as a Sanchez type of guy). In saying that you are correct and he will be rewarded I'm sure. I'd guess he'd go from 90K to about 220K and that given how there appears to be such a unity amongst us at the minute, his team mates will say he is worth every penny and not bat an eyelid.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'd like to think he is not all about the money (he doesn't come across as a Sanchez type of guy). In saying that you are correct and he will be rewarded I'm sure. I'd guess he'd go from 90K to about 220K and that given how there appears to be such a unity amongst us at the minute, his team mates will say he is worth every penny and not bat an eyelid.
I don't think that's the going rate for a player performing like Salah is, tbh. £300k is the bare minimum, can you stretch that far?

The crazy part when superstars emerge is that as great as it is during that season, they present a massive problem at the end of the season when contract re-negotiations take place. You've not only got to fork out for the wage, but be aware of how that can destabilise the rest of the squad and even put you in paying bracket for incoming top players. It's something Spurs are going to be faced with, too.

Hawks2008

Why weren't we in for him in the summer? Everyones crying for a RW and surely we had the advantage of the manager actually knowing him?
Because all summer we were chasing a lesser player from the same league in Perisic who was the final piece in the jigsaw or something...

Gutted that those feckers have unearthed a genuine world class player for 30m+, let's hope his form either falls off a cliff or a foreign team takes him soon because he can take them to silverware on all fronts.

He won't leave yet. He's the star man at the moment and he'll be aware he needs to do it again next season. Theyll put his wages up a bit and he'll have another season or two there before he starts to wonder about playing for a big club.

Goochy

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think that's the going rate for a player performing like Salah is, tbh. £300k is the bare minimum, can you stretch that far?

The crazy part when superstars emerge is that as great as it is during that season, they present a massive problem at the end of the season when contract re-negotiations take place. You've not only got to fork out for the wage, but be aware of how that can destabilise the rest of the squad and even put you in paying bracket for incoming top players. It's something Spurs are going to be faced with, too.
Again, I agree with you, 300K is very reasonable on the surface of it. Especially if he were to take a look at UTD for example (not trying to be a WUM, honest!). The thing is, I just can't see them giving anyone such a big pay hike in one go - even in this unique situation. I think 220K plus a very lucrative goal bonus would be the ideal solution and he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who wouldn't be grateful to get that. He knows who he is playing for and I'm sure he'd respect that given how amazing he must be feeling right now.

I've always thought that kind of contract would be more suitable for the top earners as it would help avoid the kind of problems I feel the Manchester clubs are going to encounter more and more as money (particularly oil money) continues to flood into the game.

This is my 3rd and final post :)

ManuMou

We needa RW badly, so so badly.

I would bid 150M for Salah ! I think this is the only price Liverpool would sell him for.

Skills

Snitch
Because all summer we were chasing a lesser player from the same league in Perisic who was the final piece in the jigsaw or something...

Gutted that those feckers have unearthed a genuine world class player for 30m+, let's hope his form either falls off a cliff or a foreign team takes him soon because he can take them to silverware on all fronts.
For more money too. I try to forget about that...

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is legitimately the first time we have ever considered anyone but Messi or Ronaldo for the past 10 years. 10 years...

TheLiverBird

Ronaldo is on 40+ goals despite going through a draught early in the season. He must have scored plenty in the last months too.
Aye its certainly between Ronaldo and Salah this season

But for me its Salah, not only is he scoring the same amounts (I think theres only a goal or 2 in it between them), he's assisting more as well! 44 goals and 15 assists from Salah

wtf

Treble

Aye its certainly between Ronaldo and Salah this season

But for me its Salah, not only is he scoring the same amounts (I think theres only a goal or 2 in it between them), he's assisting more as well! 44 goals and 15 assists from Salah

wtf
Ronaldo has scored 41 goals in 37 apps, most of them since December. He has outscored Salah in the last months. Over the whole season Salah probably edges it but the guy with the CL trophy will go down as having the better season. If only Salah reaches the final, then fair play, he will have had the best season in Europe, unless Lewandowski scores a hat-trick in the final. Which isn't impossible against Lovren ;) Lewy is on 39 goals for Bayern so far.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
One of my United friends was churning out the old robben fallacy for his first goal. "as a former defender... How can you give him space to shoot when cutting inside? Just show him to the byline".

I lol'ed when salah then went to the byline instead of cutting inside to set up Firmino's goal.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
This is legitimately the first time we have ever considered anyone but Messi or Ronaldo for the past 10 years. 10 years...
As POTS? I remember Sneijder in 2010, perhaps Neuer in 2014. I also remember Iniesta being in the conversation once or twice. But yeah, it's a rather rare occurence.