Moises Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

If they do they'll have to be letting go of most likely several other good midfielders. CM is already way overstocked for them
Kante will be off and there's been rumours of Jorginho heading back to Italy so I think it could be a possibility.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I could easily see him being a similar player to Kante and said this for a while. Chelsea must be licking their chops. He's got bags of energy and an uncanny ability of covering a vast amount of the pitch. Channel that into a more defensive role, as @Adnan days they seem to be doing, and he'll be very similar.

MDFC Manager

He's looking fecking class, lot of quality on the ball which I wasn't expecting.

Sign him up, would be fantastic for him to play with Casemiro

Chief123

He just seems to get better and better. I’ll be shocked if a big team hasn’t come in for him by the summer.

mu4c_20le

We had a Pogba replacement in our sights for peanuts and walked away . Classic Woody

devil99

Get him signed up before Potter or Klopp take him. FDJ is a luxury which can wait.

We need an rvn

Why did we not sign him again when we were interested the summer before last? Wasn’t it something like agent fees / 3rd party ownership that didn’t look right yet Brighton worked around it and signed him for peanuts?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why did we not sign him again when we were interested the summer before last? Wasn’t it something like agent fees / 3rd party ownership that didn’t look right yet Brighton worked around it and signed him for peanuts?
We really should have. Probably a choice between him and Casemiero, mind you. Personally I'd have picked this kid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was a complicated deal due to the issues you mention. Brighton managed to work around it (and it wasn’t particularly easy) — because they had recently signed Billy Arce who was another Ecuadorean player and I imagine they learned a lot from that.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I very much doubt Caicedo will be at Brighton at the start of next season because I believe someone is going to end up paying the asking price.

AndySmith1990

Great player and one I'd like to see at United, but we have more pressing areas to strengthen first and with Casemiro already here it's a luxury we can't afford. At least not next summer. Although I'd be surprised if he's still at Brighton next season

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Eh? We were looking at him well before Casemiro under Ole? Totally different time line
I doubt we just stopped looking at him. Our interested was reported this past summer. These sort of players are recommended by scours and clubs continue to maintain interest rates rather than it being Oles personal insider pick.

TheReligion

Abusive
I doubt we just stopped looking at him. Our interested was reported this past summer. These sort of players are recommended by scours and clubs continue to maintain interest rates rather than it being Oles personal insider pick.
Of course but it wasn’t a choice between him and Casemiro.

The poster was talking about why we didn’t complete a deal prior to his move to Brighton for a nominal fee under Ole.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
It was a complicated deal due to the issues you mention. Brighton managed to work around it (and it wasn’t particularly easy) — because they had recently signed Billy Arce who was another Ecuadorean player and I imagine they learned a lot from that.
This is exactly what happened - we have quite good networks and contacts in South America now especially in Ecuador thanks to the Arce deal, hence Mac Allister, Caicedo, Estupinan (though he came from Villareal) Sarmiento and Enciso

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Another South American to add to our ranks :drool:

realistically what’s he going to cost ?
No one has put a price on him yet but given the White and Cucurella transfers I would guess north of 60 million.

georgipep

I very much doubt Caicedo will be at Brighton at the start of next season because I believe someone is going to end up paying the asking price.
If it were up to you and the money we're available, but only for one of them, who would you choose between Caicedo and Enzo Hernandez (from Benfica)?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If it were up to you and the money we're available, but only for one of them, who would you choose between Caicedo and Enzo Hernandez (from Benfica)?
That's a tough question because both players are slightly different in profile with Caicedo being strong off the ball with capabilities in possession as well, where he can operate as both a sole DM or even as a #8. And Enzo Fernandez is a player who is a high volume passer who I would describe as a deep roaming playmaker who is comfortable operating in the defensive, middle and attacking thirds. In a ideal scenario we sign both players and they'd be compatible in a two or a 3 man midfield.

I think personally I'm leaning towards Caicedo because I feel signing him early would potentially provide the long-term solution at DM and we'd have a player who could step in to replace a absent Casemiro and is versatile enough to also play alongside Casemiro. We don't have a alternative to Casemiro, so in that regard Caicedo looks a very interesting signing.

I would've likely have gone with Fernandez if we didn't have a number of very interesting creative midfielders coming through the ranks. We definitely need a deep roaming playmaker in the team, and Fernandez fits the profile. But the youngsters coming through could also develop into a similar type of profile, and it would be a personal disappointment if at least one of the younger players didn't reach a similar level to the 21 year old Fernandez who is at least two years older than our young midfielders. Fernandez was also loaned out for two seasons by River Plate to a club in Argentina, which really aided his development and I think we should possibly be patient in a similar way.

I think if we signed GK-Diogo Costa, midfielder- Caicedo and a striker, then that would represent a very good window for me.

Last edited:

georgipep

That's a tough question because both players are slightly different in profile with Caicedo being strong off the ball with capabilities in possession as well, where he can operate as both a sole DM or even as a #8. And Enzo Fernandez is a player who is a high volume passer who I would describe as a deep roaming playmaker who is comfortable operating in the defensive, middle and attacking thirds. In a ideal scenario we sign both players and they'd be compatible in a two or a 3 man midfield.

I think personally I'm leaning towards Caicedo because I feel signing him early would potentially provide the long-term solution at DM and we'd have a player who could step in to replace a absent Casemiro and is versatile enough to also play alongside Casemiro. We don't have a alternative to Casemiro, so in that regard Caicedo looks a very interesting signing.

I would've likely have gone with Fernandez if we didn't have a number of very interesting creative midfielders coming through the ranks. We definitely need a deep roaming playmaker in the team, and Fernandez fits the profile. But the youngsters coming through could also develop into a similar type of profile, and it would be a personal disappointment if at least one of the younger players didn't reach a similar level to the 21 year old Fernandez who is at least two years older than our young midfielders. Fernandez was also loaned out for two seasons by River Plate to a club in Argentina, which really aided his development and I think we should possibly be patient in a similar way.

I think if we signed GK-Diogo Costa, midfielder- Caicedo and a striker, then that would represent a very good window for me.
I mostly agree with you. I see Diogo Costa as probably the most important transfer for the coming two transfer windows. A striker could be equally important but I'm not sure who would be the perfect fit. I honestly don't see anyone available. Maybe Osimhen but am sceptical we can get him.

And the Frimpong rumours are also getting stronger and stronger. That eats away from the budget too..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Another very good performance by him away to Wolverhampton in a 2-3 victory.

Wolves had a midfield of Neves and Moutinho, and Brighton still dominated the game by having 72% possession.

SAF is the GOAT

Another potential target that we fecked up and bring into the club because we're incapable

Status
Not open for further replies.