Moises Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The guy earns very little, probably one of the smallest contracts in the entire league. A team could quadruple his wages and he’d still not touch £20k a week.

didz

The guy earns very little, probably one of the smallest contracts in the entire league. A team could quadruple his wages and he’d still not touch £20k a week.
He's on about 15k a week according to capology, salarysport, and sportac. Still incredibly small for a player Brighton will be asking for so much money for, but I guess that's half the point. What you can get away with paying him will cost you in the fee.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's on about 15k a week according to capology, salarysport, and sportac. Still incredibly small for a player Brighton will be asking for so much money for, but I guess that's half the point. What you can get away with paying him will cost you in the fee.
From Spotrac.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
This is who I'd want but as Casemiro's replacement in the future. Problem is by the time Casemiro retires, Caicedo will already be a household name, playing for a big team. Buying him now and playing together would be overkill defensively in most games and may blunt our attack.

Thiagoal

Thought he was fantastic again today! Brighton could well have one of the best midfields in the league with him and Mac Allister

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought his contract myth was busted on here when someone took into account appearance fees etc.?

BulgarianDevil91

Buy him, loan him out for a season, even two, and when Casemiro's time to retire comes, we'd be sorted for the next decade DM-wise.

RedorDead21

This is who I'd want but as Casemiro's replacement in the future. Problem is by the time Casemiro retires, Caicedo will already be a household name, playing for a big team. Buying him now and playing together would be overkill defensively in most games and may blunt our attack.
We play enough games for both to rotate the same position. Pep rotates everyone why can’t we do similar. Casemiro should not have to play the amount of games we need him to.

Mr Smith

We should really try to sneak in and sign this guy before Liverpool do. We need quality cover in midfield and we're not going to do much better at his price. Also as others have pointed out, we could triple his wages and he'd still be one of the lowest earners at the club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This kid is next apparently.
I was about to say, he'd be an ideal Kante replacement so that would actually be a logic Chelsea transfer for once given his age and how you desperately need to regenerate your CM area.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was about to say, he'd be an ideal Kante replacement so that would actually be a logic Chelsea transfer for once given his age and how you desperately need to regenerate your CM area.
Midfield has been my priority for a while now. It needs to be addressed for sure. I’d hoped we’d go back in for Enzo but it’s looking like Caicedo might be the guy now. He would certainly be a wise investment for years to come.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think Yunas Musah would be a great Casemiro understudy and for significantly less than any PL option. Wouldn’t be surprised if we could get him for less than we can con someone into paying for McTominay.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
We play enough games for both to rotate the same position. Pep rotates everyone why can’t we do similar. Casemiro should not have to play the amount of games we need him to.
This would be a great idea if we had inifinite resources and didn't have so many higher priority needs. The player next to Casemiro is a higher priority need than Casemiro's back up. So is CF, GK and RB, though AWB is on a redemption arc.

WelshManc

If I could sign two midfielders for us next summer it would be him and FDJ. It would obviously cost a bomb to get both and we need to add to other areas but they'd also take us to another level.

He will more than likely sign for Chelsea in the next few weeks though...

Nickosaur

This kid is next apparently.
As with the Cucurella deal, Brighton will rinse you for this guy. Unfortunately I think he's a far better fit than Cucurella was (and I rate Cucu highly) and will be an excellent signing for Chelsea.

Probably looking at least £70m.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As with the Cucurella deal, Brighton will rinse you for this guy. Unfortunately I think he's a far better fit than Cucurella was (and I rate Cucu highly) and will be an excellent signing for Chelsea.

Probably looking at least £70m.
You’re right, but the midfield does need to be addressed and they’ve shown they don’t want to pay Enzo’s release clause. Caicedo always felt like the cheaper alternative.

crossy1686

career ending
You’re right, but the midfield does need to be addressed and they’ve shown they don’t want to pay Enzo’s release clause. Caicedo always felt like the cheaper alternative.
That Ben Jacobs guy was adamant Chelsea were going to overpay the clause for Enzo?

arthurka

He won't be cheap.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That Ben Jacobs guy was adamant Chelsea were going to overpay the clause for Enzo?
I actually hope we do that and my gut feeling was always that we’d go back in for him but rumours are surfacing about Caicedo so who knows.

AndersB

Caicedo looks amazing pretty much every time I watch him play. Still very young. Would be a great acquisition IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.